MISTER CAR WASH Employee Reviews

Poor management. .
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 16, 2018
The management team is LAZY, and do not know what they're doing by any means. They constantly looking for a reason to get rid of emoyees over the dumbest little things.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, treated poorly, bad pay, no bennifits.
Terrible place to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 13, 2018
Well, when I applied for the position (CSA). The salary said $20 an hr, but when I got interviewed for the position. They told me a different salary ranging from $8-$10, and then you can work your way up to make $20. Wtf. So as time goes by, I started seeing management for who they are. Fake clowns that pretends to be "professional." Management is very rude towards their employees. The job description doesn't fit what you're actually doing on the job. They make you obsessively clean the gift shop and bathroom. You rarely get breaks on the job. And if you have to call out for school, or come a minute late to work they write you up like you're in high school. I've personally have gotten ignored from management because they don't want to be bothered at all. What makes matters even worst is that when management is wrong about something that they did. They don't mention anything at all until someone confronts them about it. Don't get me wrong the place has potential to be fun, and to make money but management is horrible. That is why they're understaff because they don't know how to treat their employees. Management does too much micromanaging instead of being managers.
Pros
Meeting nice & new people
Cons
Management, & little to no breaks
Productive workplace with a modern atmosphere
Customer Service Representative and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of being there either at 7 am or around noon to start a shift. Your duties as a cashier were customer service, answering phone calls, handling cash, upselling customers, upkeep of the gift shop and restrooms.
Pros
free car washes once a week
Cons
on your feet all day
Staying busy
Production and detail (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2018
I like the fast pace of this job and also working with others. the management is good there. My hours are decent and the pay is good because of the tips.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Dealing with the weather
terrible
team member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 3, 2018
worst place I've ever worked not a steady job never knew when you were going to be working pay was terrible manager were the biggest losers I've ever meet
Fun
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 3, 2018
So far the most fun I've had at work. Great leadership that always encourages you to do better. The company genuinely cares for their employees. Unfortunately for me as a new dad we are required to work a minimum of 50 hours a week. Also a huge hitter for me is that I'm not allowed to be away from my site for more than 7 days at one time. I had the opportunity to take a free trip (family paid) to Europe that I had to turn down because I was told it was too long. ( I want to see the world but if I stay with this company, which I love, then I'll never get to do that!)
And I haven't had a raise in a long time.
Pros
Free car washes, monthly cookouts, fun, great people
Cons
Limited vacation time, lack of raises, hours
Slowpaced and relaxed
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 2, 2018
Mister car wash is a very laid back work environment. Must be able to work in all weather conditions. The managers are great and the employees are wonderful.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Must be able to work in all weather conditions
Productive and competitive
sale/production (Former Employee) –  templeDecember 31, 2017
Working for 8hrs starting at $8. Mister is know to be a productive and competitive company where employees help and satisfy customers needs. Providing a gentle yet effective wash to their customers.
Pros
wash discounts
Bad all around
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 28, 2017
Would not recommend to anyone, employees smoke weed in the back where customers can see and smell and lots of needless drama. The General Manager is lazy and is super strict. All around terrible job 60+ hour weeks no time for college if student.
Pros
smoking breaks
Cons
drugs, lazy employees
not very fun
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNDecember 25, 2017
i didn’t like working at mister car wash because management treated you like you were a child & you never were to work a full 40 hour week as a full time employee
Productive and super fun place to work
Wash Attendant/ Detailer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 22, 2017
Overall Mister was a super fun, kick back place to work. During peak season for the car wash you get to enjoy being able to work outside in nice weather. Everybody is kind of young though, as most the employee's are early High School students.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Young employee's
Weather based job but consistent not for those who dislike cold work environment picks up in summertime
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington nmDecember 21, 2017
Friendly customers and staff. Close to home job with option to travel good benefits and training is good free discounts. Uniforms on company premises not a favorite.
Pros
Stay in shape
Cons
Frustrating during busy hours
Productive Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 9, 2017
Execelent experience at Mister Car wash. It provides good quality offer to the customers. Great customer service attendance. Managers always seemend to have things on point. And the store received some mayor good rewiews from the service it provides.
Quick paced fun work place, great Co-workers, fantastic HR manager
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kennewick WADecember 8, 2017
Mister has great people to work with the people are not the problem it's the company regulations on facial hair keep in mind you are washing cars how will facial hair affect the professionalism of a work area when the workers them selves damage the professionalism in the work area with profanity, you are better off working at McDonald's, or a hotel, I worked here temporarily for a course of 6 months and received only 4 ten minute breaks during my whole 6 month employment period.
Pros
Free washes
Cons
Bad time management on giving lunches or ten minute breaks
Fun place
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 7, 2017
Great place to learn more about cars and what to clean on them and in them!! You work with great people and they are kind. Mister is the way to go for a car wash if needed!!
Pros
Free car washes
Cons
Short breaks
slow pace hardworking place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2017
I think they could of work on management and how they distribute hours to their employees. This is an outside job so weather permitting you get your hours but management favors some employees more than other
Its an okay place to work.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 3, 2017
The people are usually awesome to work with. Upper management is not good. the policies are a joke. Must be clean shaven (although no food is being served). pay is inadequate for the amount of work you do.there is NO set end time. so if they decide to keep you past 8 hours, oh well.
Pros
free wash every week
Cons
short breaks, low pay, low pto wages
confusion with teams
Dryer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 1, 2017
i learned that a car wash is very fast paced like 5 minutes per car. Management is great. on time breaks, fair pay, honest labor, most fun is production work after work cleaning the tunnel,
Pros
PTO after 3 months, designated smoking area
Cons
i was not told anything about heath care
Fun and productive work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2017
Typical day at work was like rush hour
I've learned good communication skills
The hardest part was to get the windows done inside the car before it leaves the tunnel while making sure it's dry
Fun job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
It is a fun job but i don’t recommend this to someone wno needs hours and money their pay is low and they dont give you as much hours you want. But its okay for a part time job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MISTER CAR WASH. Our community is ready to answer.