Mistras Group Employee Reviews

Pretty decent group of people
RT Level II Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2016
I only spent a short amount of time here, so I can't really give a solid review. What I did see was that they would do everything in thier power to keep you busy.
Pros
Good Ops manager
Cons
None really to speak of
Lazy ,Rude and Nasty... complain to much
ndt technician assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Employees are LAZY, RUDE, and NASTY
Sit around all day waiting... watching people eat and
till the they feel like working. All you here from workers are complaints on how much work they have to do.
Worked with them and never received certification. When I asked to get certified. They promised that they will give me a date to test, but it never happened even after numerous emails from myself and management. they gave me the cold shoulder.

management: some are ok to work with, others don't even have a clue of what is going on. They can care less about their employees.

Their isn't a hard part of the job I will do. the hardest part will be listen to everyone's complains bout how much work they got to do. and how much they hate working, and about how much money they get paid for doing nothing. Good part about working their is the actual hands on experience you will receive.
Pros
experience gained
Cons
health care, pay, advancemnt
Fun Place to work
Level II NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTJuly 19, 2015
Mistras is a great place to work. I enjoyed my time with the company. The only Bad thing I have to say is that I was unable to get overtime in the shop.
Pros
Fun and Laid back
Cons
No Over time In the Lab Setting
My position
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMay 19, 2015
I was given an opportunity to work for this Company having no knowledge of the North Slope. My day to day work was a challenge not just the work that I performed but all of the precautions as well. I held a perfect record for safety and day to day operations of the slope.
I enjoyed working with each and every employee that I had the opportunity of meeting. The slope became a second home and second family.
I would have to say the most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job was that our team was trusted to go to the field every morning to do our job, no questions asked.
Nice Pay
Level II NDE Technician (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 5, 2015
Nice pay, management a bit bias and favoritism is played a bit, but great place to be to provide for family. Overall, if you like to work in refineries; heres a place to be!
Mistras Group
Site Manager AMIS (Current Employee) –  La Port TexasApril 16, 2015
Mistras Group is a great place to Work. Just slow and i am looking for a new Job.My Boss is good and so are my co-workers. The hardest part about this job is getting up in the morning
Marketing Focused Communications
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Princeton Junction, NJFebruary 16, 2015
This is a great company to work for someone who has a strong engineering background in all areas of the company. A typical day begins at 8 and writing material for brochures, flyers and marketing materials for products, services, and applications.

The most important thing I was able to learn is systematic organization and clear communication between departmental employees in the delegation of assignments. This is also the hardest part of the job.

I really enjoyed writing the newsletter and public relations materials.
Cons
cubicles, bright and annoying florescent lighting, understaffed department, misguided priorities for pr and marketing
Opportunity
Non-destructive Testing (NDT) Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond,CADecember 29, 2014
Learned skills for trade.
Dangerous environment.
Great opportunity for NDT.
Better understand the careers in the refinery.
Must be able to travel to different state to stay on projects.
Long hours as well as being put off work for weeks or months at a time.
not a bad place ,, met some really good people there
NDE (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKNovember 12, 2014
I learned quite a bit from the people there and also learned to watch my back , the good will outway the bad , it is really cold and can get really loanly if you don't make yourself a family up on the slope
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
long days and cold weather
Great place to get experience
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 14, 2014
Go to customers location to provide testing as needed.
Helpful and great coworkers.
Management struggles with communication.
Working conditions
ULTRASONIC INSPECTER LEVEL II (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, CAJuly 31, 2014
Working was a great experience not only getting the expectance in ultrasonic but being able to see how the process works in aerospace. Enjoyed working with everyone in the company. I also got a glance of the other methods in NDT.
Pros
great work invirement
Cons
didnt get to work there for more years
good place to work
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Signal HillApril 7, 2014
I learned a lot for working with this company. It is up to you on how you want to go
Small Contractor
Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Processed payroll daily, about 50 employees. Send in exception to get hours back if employee was outside of plant. Request schedule change when needed and request skill changes according to job scope. Would go out into the field to get signatures for approval of time against a approve work order. Add new work order to a list used daily. Attend weekly safety meeting, make announcements during that time when all co-workers were present. Submit payroll weekly. The hardest part of this job was getting approval for work that was already done. The most enjoyable part of this joy was completing each job task.
This is the place to be....
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Texas city, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Mistras is a awesome place to work for. The only down side is the company is so large that any advancement or raises come at a bare minimum.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too big of a company and you're lost in the system....
Very Poor
NDE Technician (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 16, 2013
100% Corporate Mentality
Sacrifice Employee welfare for profit
Very low pay
Horrible Management
Employees find there own work to hand over to management so they can work out what they will make off you
No integrity in all levels of management
Pros
good benefits; some offices are ran much better than others
Cons
too many to list
Corrosion Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 26, 2013
Mistras has a wide array of specialty services to pursue. I recommend employment with this company.
The company focus on results and offsers specific tools to reach goals.
Credit and Collection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton Junction, NJJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work starts with organizing the priorities for the day. Mostly making sure all data that is needed for managerial meetings are gathered and ready, next identifying the credit analysis trial balance reports for new and existing customers, and finally review of the age trial balance to see any items that are over 60days that need to be address.

In this role I have learned to manage internal and external customer remotely. My lab assignments are all over and mostly on the West Coast, so I have learned to organize myself in a way to best support the group and customers without the team recognizing that I am out of the area. Seamless communication with phones and transactional data has been a tremendous learning. This has also been the hardest part of the job, being able to support a diverse group as well as, organizing information and communication timely.

What I enjoy the most is communicating with internal and external customers as we share in supply our customers with the most upfront, timely and dedicated customer services.

The co-workers are all supportive of each other to insure to meet company clear identified goals.
Pros
allow to work overtime
Cons
some times you are not able to take lunch or break when working on customers issues.
Professional day at the office
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texas CityJuly 2, 2012
Professional day at the office, testing, and such. Relaxed Management. Relaxed co-workers