Mistras Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good assignment at VC Summer
Level III Technician (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 14, 2017
The Mistras management at VC Summer was great. Benefits were also fantastic. However the site closed and left us jobless. Mistras is doing it's best to find us new work.
Great Job
Nuclear NDT Technician (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 8, 2017
One of the best jobs I ever had. Good Management and work site. Good equipment. From what our team did and how we were managed it was wonderful. The only drawback was when the client shut down the site and we had to all go home at a moments notice, but that was something none of us or the management could predict. They made an attempt to try to find all the technicians a spot to transfer to, but it is tough when things happen with no notice so I understand.
Unethical Manager
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 4, 2017
I was more or less hired to spy on the management in my office, when I didn't comply or didn't understand this when it came time to cut the budget I was laid off.
Benefits
Cons
Unethical Manager
Alright
Non-Destructive Test Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 18, 2017
This company depending on which state you live in can be awesome. Each management is different. Compensation for the Jobs is great and when you get to work a shut down, the hours can be endless.
see below
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 29, 2017
Quite place to work. , Always something new to learn and that is a plus. when i came here i had very little training of their systems. had to self teach. New dept manager within the last year. there is no room to grow. Thing changes and rule changes and you dont know it until after the fact something comes up. We do not get informed or updated on changes asap.

It a self starting job, dress casual.
Pros
flexible work hrs / casual dress
Cons
cut OT just in AP dept / no bounds
Good company
Advanced services Technician (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 21, 2017
Mistras Group had many national contracts when i started and management was always fair. Pay was fair for my qualifications. Still keep in contact with many of the people i met through this company
Good company to work for.
API 510 & 570 Inspector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2017
Overall, Mistras is a good company to work for, but it really depends on the office you work out of. I work with the 577 group and I find it to be a great working experience.
Feel like not wanted
OFFICE COORDINATOR/QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  canton OhioApril 12, 2017
Not good in advancement. Felt like unwanted. Only learned from internet computer classes. Bad communications on job advancement.
Sometimes hostile work environment
benefits
Cons
work environment
productive
Accounts Receivable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
Great company for growth and new experiences. Great environment and many locations to work from. Great benefits, opportunities, great room for growth in different states.
Interesting product line, supportive work environment, and excellent mentoring.
Electronics Engineer (Current Employee) –  Princeton Junction, NJMarch 19, 2017
Mistras group's product live is amazing from a technical perspective. The design work is always interesting and there is always plenty of it.

The employees are, for the most part, very supportive of each other. My manager was an incredible mentor for me and I feel I am a better engineer for having worked with him.
Pros
Technically strong management and excellent team environment.
Cons
Work / life balance is some times disregarded in favor of working late hours to get the job done.
NDT companies as a whole are a turkey shoot
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2017
A few are lucrative and if you are tied in with the uppers or lucky enough to have the right connections it totally helps. But if you're just start out, they will generally rip you off for a long time. All of them do. It's how the uppers make bonuses at the end of the year. Others I've worked for the money flows like a dependable stream. But for most it dries up and the favorites get work and you don't. It takes YEARS to learn all the tricks and rules and the game. When it good it's REAL good but then the faucet will eventually turn off.
Pros
Good when it's good
Cons
Bad when it's bad
Great work environment, fun yet professional
Shutdown Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSDecember 8, 2016
All the employees get along . someone would have coffee ready as the crew would come in. coordinators would have staff meeting every shift
Good Company to work for.
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2016
I you looking for a full time job with security then this is not the job for you. Every job with this company should be seen as a contract job. In fact contract is the way to go.
Pretty decent group of people
RT Level II Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2016
I only spent a short amount of time here, so I can't really give a solid review. What I did see was that they would do everything in thier power to keep you busy.
Pros
Good Ops manager
Cons
None really to speak of
Lazy ,Rude and Nasty... complain to much
ndt technician assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Employees are LAZY, RUDE, and NASTY
Sit around all day waiting... watching people eat and
till the they feel like working. All you here from workers are complaints on how much work they have to do.
Worked with them and never received certification. When I asked to get certified. They promised that they will give me a date to test, but it never happened even after numerous emails from myself and management. they gave me the cold shoulder.

management: some are ok to work with, others don't even have a clue of what is going on. They can care less about their employees.

Their isn't a hard part of the job I will do. the hardest part will be listen to everyone's complains bout how much work they got to do. and how much they hate working, and about how much money they get paid for doing nothing. Good part about working their is the actual hands on experience you will receive.
Pros
experience gained
Cons
health care, pay, advancemnt
Fun Place to work
Level II NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTJuly 19, 2015
Mistras is a great place to work. I enjoyed my time with the company. The only Bad thing I have to say is that I was unable to get overtime in the shop.
Pros
Fun and Laid back
Cons
No Over time In the Lab Setting
My position
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMay 19, 2015
I was given an opportunity to work for this Company having no knowledge of the North Slope. My day to day work was a challenge not just the work that I performed but all of the precautions as well. I held a perfect record for safety and day to day operations of the slope.
I enjoyed working with each and every employee that I had the opportunity of meeting. The slope became a second home and second family.
I would have to say the most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job was that our team was trusted to go to the field every morning to do our job, no questions asked.
Nice Pay
Level II NDE Technician (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 5, 2015
Nice pay, management a bit bias and favoritism is played a bit, but great place to be to provide for family. Overall, if you like to work in refineries; heres a place to be!
Mistras Group
Site Manager AMIS (Current Employee) –  La Port TexasApril 16, 2015
Mistras Group is a great place to Work. Just slow and i am looking for a new Job.My Boss is good and so are my co-workers. The hardest part about this job is getting up in the morning
Marketing Focused Communications
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Princeton Junction, NJFebruary 16, 2015
This is a great company to work for someone who has a strong engineering background in all areas of the company. A typical day begins at 8 and writing material for brochures, flyers and marketing materials for products, services, and applications.

The most important thing I was able to learn is systematic organization and clear communication between departmental employees in the delegation of assignments. This is also the hardest part of the job.

I really enjoyed writing the newsletter and public relations materials.
Cons
Cubicles, Bright and annoying florescent lighting, Understaffed department, Misguided priorities for PR and Marketing