Mitchell's Fish Market Employee Reviews

High Speed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed the high-speed action on the line working Station to Station learning new stations and recipes over the time. That I worked for Mitchell's Fish Market
If the Mitchells could even reach volume & new management
Server/Certified Trainer11 (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 26, 2017
working for Mitchells honestly was beyond stressful with the poor management ( any worker can tell you ) yes since ive left they have had minor improvements but nothing that was for the betterment of the employees. sections would go hours without being sat before they're let anyone go home, management has no people skills, could care less if you're sick. all around? save your time and apply to cheesecake.
Great work atmosphere with fun staff
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2017
I am the sales manager but I interact with every position in our store. Hosting when in need, I help expo food for staff as well as giving any discounts needed. We have a great team, and a wonderful menu!
Was a great place to work.
Full time server (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAJune 15, 2017
I loved working at the Fish Market. Had a great GM and a wonderful staff. This all changed when the chain was bought out by another company and things changed.
sports bar with food
Corporate Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMay 18, 2017
This is a fun place to work. They have a great season for all sporting events. The owners treat you like family. The regular patrons are all friendly and fun to be around.
Good money, stressful environment, high turnover rate
Server (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2017
Corporate ran catholic pre-school seems to be the best equivalent I can give for this restaurant. Hard work is not rewarded, rather punished with further stress.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
General management, corporate standards
good summer job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 24, 2017
Mitchell's Fish Market was a good summer job as a hostess. The pay was okay for a high school student working and the job was never too high stress. Overall good place and great food.
great food, from scratch kitchen, lots of LANDRYS systems
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 27, 2017
Good overall restaurant, lots of LANDRYS systems in place, lots to manage, and can be strict with labor budget, lots of potential transfer oppertunities with over 500 properties. You do have to pay for your employee discount
Mitchells Fish Market
Pantry Cook/Back Hall/Fry/Sautee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2017
the best company I have ever worked for. They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe. The compensation is amazing, and there is plenty of opportunity for growth. The only reason I would leave is for a better job.
high pased kitch enviorment
Bar/Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 22, 2017
Open or close the restaurant
prepared prep list for employees, and prepared orders. Managed order pars and developed relationships with purveyors. managed labor and food costs. Developed new managers and employees. handles all off site and catered events.
Great people but management is not great
Server (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 4, 2017
The company was bought out and is now corporate which caused a few people to leave. The management changed and you can tell that the environment is negative, everyone left.
Great Place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2016
Guest that come in are great and its nice to meet new people everyday. The managers are great and are always willing to help if you need it.
Fun Enviroment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 4, 2016
Mitchell's Fish Market was a huge part of my life. I worked there for several years and enjoyed it. The enviroment was positive and very helpful for what i needed at the time.
Pros
great people
Cons
Tips
One servers opinion
Server (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYAugust 22, 2016
There is not money to be made unless you are a closer, and the hours of a closer make it nearly impossible to lead a normal life outside of the job.
Pros
Very nice people, good quality product, big employee discount
Cons
low volume, pay to park, unrealistic side work
Fun, fast paced environment
Server/Trainer/ Bartender/Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport, KYJuly 28, 2016
I stay very busy and there is always work to be done. I have learned to keep myself very organized so that I can manage my time, which is necessary in that environment. The most enjoyable part of my job would be when I am able to go above and beyond for guests and make their experience unforgettable. I feel that I have the respect from my staff and other management team.
Pros
Free lunches and free parking
Cons
Somedays last 12 to 15 hours
Good Spot
Supervisor/Grill/Broil Cook (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 2, 2016
Really enjoyed working here, had to move back to washington state due to family illness, good management, good co-workers.
Great work environment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2015
As far as serving goes this is the best job I have had. The management was amazing and I made some really great friends. The money is great as long as you are good at your job and with a supportive staff it is easy to be successful.
Pros
Management and very supportive staff
Cons
Guests can be difficult to deal with
Server , Customer Service
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 8, 2015
Upscale fine dining establishment. Your ability to make money is totally dependent on you. During the busy season there is plenty of money to be made.
Life at Mitchell's
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Newport,KYAugust 9, 2015
I see guests and I'm happy to greet the guests as they come in curious and excited for a meal. The management is very sincere.
Pros
50% off food
Service Industry
Fine Dining Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2015
Corporate service industry experience. Opportunity to grow into a corporate management position. Benefits including retirement planning, paid time off, and medical/dental plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitchell's Fish Market. Our community is ready to answer.