Mitel Employee Reviews

Great Product, bad go to market strategy
Cloud Channel Account Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great platform
Cons: Not a competitive offering
Their Cloud Based PBX product call Micloud Business has some serious limitations that Mitel's competitors are taking advantage of.
The product lacks simple integration with other mainstream business services like SFDC or any cost recovery or account codes. They limit their own hosted product, at the same time boosting the capabilities of the same product sold by the Premise based re-sellers,
Great place to work.
Manager, HR (Former Employee), Mt. Laurel, NJJuly 7, 2015
A small software company where people are passionate about their work. Good work life balance. Management was very accessible and responsive. Incredible HR department.
What a Disaster
Tech support (Former Employee), reno NVJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: all
They don't like women either in Reno they have this Mexican Man as a sup I'm Hispanic myself scared to death of losing his job anyone that knows more than him he fires. Everyone is a a temp " heads up businesses" you information is handle by temp agents scary that are very upset. not a good sign ...all information accounts ETC.and they treat people horribly Management truly don't know what they are doing it is shameful no training , fend for yourself it is scary work environment
Macro Management. company truck.
Field Engineer (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: home dispatch
Cons: low pay
Knew what you were going to work on, Mitel.

Home dispatch, called in to get work load.
Do your work, drive home end your day.

Pay was not great, training and work experience immeasurable.
Hired Thursday fired Friday............
so unclear not even sure..... (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 30, 2014
Pros: was let go before i wasted a month of my life
Cons: working off line is ok??...what????
Do not let anyone know how much you know as they may be intimidated. Thinking outside the box to make any process more efficient = BAD!! Those will lie to management so their own insecurities will be hidden, and what I can only assume is "job security". Also management does not have the audacity to give the real reason you are being let go during the exiting discussion, you may get to hear it from the rector....
In short all the negative reviews are correct, not a company to work for. Management has no idea what they are doing or any idea of how to make the business more profitable.
Offers a great opportunity to learn new products and self manage your daily job responsibilities.
System Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Reno, NVMay 30, 2014
Pros: there is always the opportunity to take on new challenges.
Each day is full of new opportunities to assist customer, develop product implementation and telephone network design.
Issues
Software Tester (QA) & Lab Technician (Contract) (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 1, 2014
They are no out of business or close to it. Mitel executives have no clue how to run a successful business. They ran Inter-tel into the ground have backroom deals in that acquisition.
Technical Support Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 25, 2014
Managed 20+ people in Technical Support. These people manned the phones answering installation and trouble shooting questions regarding telephone systems. The people are the heart of any company.
DANGEROUS!! Death Threats allowed.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 25, 2013
Pros: decent tools. good hours
Cons: diversity policy is abysmal, no stability
I found my tenure at Mitel fairly uneventful, though when it was discovered I was gay I was soon terminated. A death threat was made by another employee and this went unaddressed.

Once it was discovered I was gay, I was soon terminated.
constant change
Area Sales Executive (Former Employee), TXJuly 28, 2013
overall the poeple are great to work with but little to no guidance on how to get things done
IT CHALLENGED ME
Systems Technician (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 12, 2013
I LEARNED TELEPHONY HERE.THE BASICS UP TO SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE KNOWLEDGE
I WAS A SMALL COMPANY WITH SMALL COMPANY FEEL.
Good virtual product, weak channel & poor management
Area Sales Executive (Former Employee), Louisiana/ArkansasMay 6, 2013
Pros: salary, co-workers, & product
Cons: management, sales program is in constant flux and may be scrapped after only 18 months in practice.
The channel isn't ready to adopt the virtual product nor are they technically savvy.

Expect management changes and sales structure in mid-May. Executive management level had poor measurements of the Area Sales Executive position and had too many overlays of their responsibilities.
Toxic environment from the top down.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: extremely low pay, always a way for president to rob employee of commission through pricing, toxic environment, inferior/overpriced products
Good ol boy network. Zero support from management. Layoffs are rampant. Employees are considered dispensable. No regard for hard work...regardless of numbers produced. Division presidents are narcissistic and feel infallible. One was asked to resign Friday. Hopefully things are changing for those left behind.
The people and the customers are the greatest!
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), Emeryville, CANovember 16, 2012
Pros: the customer and the employees are the best i have ever worked with.
Cons: business headed in the wrong direction. workforce shrinking.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure with Mitel with the exception of my last year. Everyone at Mitel are great and I hope that Mitel can once again grow and prosper in this economy. The toughest part of my job was having to deal with manpower changes and making do with less. The people I did work directly with and for made my job that much easier but nobody likes working in a shrinking environment. Letting people go due to a reduction in force is and was the most unenjoyable part of my job.
Leading Telecom Manufacturer
Sales Executive/Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2012
Consistently achieved well over 100% quota and developed a previously under-served market for improved customer service.
Be prepared to be outsourced.
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 25, 2012
Management is shortsighted and indecisive. Benefits are good relative to other places. Morale is near zero.
Not a good company to work for
Strategic Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2012
Pros: good work life
Cons: good ole boy network
Company is unsure of it's direction. Company has a system not designed to encourage success for new hires. Current structure is designed to feed the establish sales consultants and rotate new hires in and out.
Great People!
Project Manager - IT New Office Design (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 11, 2012
Pros: great people and environment!
Cons: corporate disconnect with local offices.
This is a great group of people in the Chandler/Mesa location. There has been a merger and the parent company has had to layoff people and reduce salaries so there is some tension with the Corporate office.
Constant learning process
Orlando, FL (Former Employee), System Implementation PackageNovember 10, 2011
Pros: excellent benefits package, comparable compensation package, exposure to latest technology, lots to learn
Working at Mitel provided a continuous growth via the training and certifications required for all their products. Subsequently, one cannot help but feel more confident in the performance level.