Mitratech Employee Reviews

Outstanding growing company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2016
Mitratech is a growing company in the software as a service industry. They have offices in Austin, Houston, Philadelphia and London. The company is managed by a team of outstanding leaders in their respective field and are always operating under an open door policy where you can go engage in conversation with them about various topics concerning the business or your department. The leadership team is open to ideas on changing business practices and procedures that will help the company grow and grab more market share.
Turnover is low in certain departments and higher in others. Overall the company culture is one of working hard and playing hard.
Pros
Snacks, HSA match, healthcare reimbursement for single ($1, 000) family ($2, 000), flexible working hours, Telecommute
great company to work for
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
I love working with the talented team ;

A place where you are respected, appreciated and really part of a family.

I posees 5+ years of professional experience in a QA role
Opaque
Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2015
I worked on the same floor as the CEO and never met the guy. Weeks into my time at Mitratech, I had to ask somebody if the man leading an all-hands meeting was the CEO - it was.

When I gave notice, they asked for the rest of the day to counter. I agreed not expecting anything to come from it. Just before a team meeting at lunch, I was pulled to the side, asked to sign exit papers, and walked out the door without the chance to talk with anyone. I then understood previous employee disappearances that management "could not discuss." They let remaining employees speculate that the former employee was fired or such, rather than admitting there could be better opportunities for some people.
Pros
Many young colleagues with plenty of passion and energy, happy hours
Cons
Hires mostly entry level on the basis of an aptitude test rather than a technical interview, aggressive schedules and dates set in upper management with no input from engineers