Mitre Corporation Employee Reviews

Competitive and rewarding
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Belleville ILJune 21, 2017
The culture at MITRE can be confusing and is centered at the major campus locations. While there are many remote locations, the people at those locations are often not part of the team.
FINANCIAL RELOCATION ANALYST/VENDOR MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 21, 2017
A very forward company, lots opportunities to grow and learn cutting edge technology. great benefits and compensation, lots of emphasis in work life balance.
Productive and fun place to work at
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 20, 2017
Great colleagues, good team dynamics, drive and enthusiasm exists in key departments and changes are coming into play with a clear strategic direction from the top down.
MITRE is a terrific place to work
Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 2, 2017
The MITRE role as a Federally Funded Research and Development Center is a great place to balance working for the private sector and government. The FFRDCs are not-for-profits working in the public interest, the mission is great!
Good
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2017
Overall balance was good, coworkers were friendly. I learned quite a bit while I was there, and enjoyed the manager I worked under. They also had a cafeteria that made decent food and an afterwork program that provided good incentives to form a community outside of work
Pros
Job security
Cons
fast paced
A lot of energy invested in self-promotion
Research Program Director, Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 23, 2017
I have worked in many different fields, but I have yet to come across any organization that makes so much of so little foundation. There are some good programs, and a long litany of abject failures. Suffice it to say there is much more effort put into glossing-over the failures than into learning from them.
Pros
Work-life balance is amazing
Cons
Not by any stretch a meritocracy
wonderful place
Lead Software Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 22, 2017
very positive and supportive culture. learning opportunities, especially if you office out of one of the two main hubs. remote work is possible subject to the need of the sponsor
Pros
flexible
Cons
remote mobility can be tough
A Perfect Balance of Hard Work and Personal Life
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 12, 2017
MITRE has an excellent work life balance and gives its employees the opportunity to work on many diverse projects. The learning opportunities available at MITRE are numerous, but the pace of work can be a little slow at times depending on the sponsor. There are certainly opportunities for advancement, but they fit within the confines of a highly-structured organization. You are expected to work hard, provide clear evidence of your accomplishments, and participate in company politics if you want to move up.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent work/life balance
Cons
DoD work can be slow and frustrating, funding is highly dependent on the U.S. Government and internal politics
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 10, 2017
good place to work. work life balance. people are friendly and always willing to help.

I work with every level in the company, and the enjoy the work and the company.
Great place
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 18, 2017
The staff are very friendly and has a great work culture. The benefits are great also. The management structure is very organized. I learned a lot during my career.

Want to know more about Mitre Corporation?

Ask a question
Great Work Environment
Senior Security Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 10, 2017
Awesome coworkers, great work environment, not a lot of pressure, an awesome place to work! sometimes the work is a bit slow but it also is government work
Able to be promoted on a regular basis.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 4, 2017
A very large company that afforded many opportunities including new and improved applications to make my work easier. I was able to travel to meet request by HR and the Army. Excellent Managers and staff.
Pros
Diverse opportunities.
A great place to work
Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 30, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Mitre, I was involved in a diverse set of projects and worked alongside many talented engineers. Many of the managers have a wealth of experience in their fields, although there are a few singularities.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
promotions are slow
Solid Engineering Staff With Interesting Work
Member of the Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJMarch 14, 2017
The technical staff and engineers were good people doing interesting work to make the Air Traffic Control systems better and move aircraft more efficiently. Great experience.
More with less
Quality Assurance/Training Lead (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 10, 2017
As an FFRDC, MITRE was subject to tight financial budget circumstances. The culture was outstanding, and most employees love working for the company. The benefits were competitive and even expensive for the corporation, but the financial compensation was not good. The paid-time-off (PTOB) was much lower than any place I've worked.
Government Contractor
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 7, 2017
A decent company but the old culture of Corporate America there slowly grows into misery. If you are a hardworking individual that likes to interact with the customer you will enjoy it.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
The Old New England Culture
Busy Administrative Assistant
Office Administrative Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 6, 2017
Worked for three different supervisors. Update electronic time sheets for employees and submit for processing bi-weekly. I regularly update our department SharePoint site, as well as assisting other staff with SharePoint help. Work with other administrative assistants to keep track of internal and external training requests on a quarterly basis. I keep track of badge swipe data for our department and report discrepancies to the Business Operations team. Schedule and assist reserving conference rooms for monthly department meetings, weekly manager meetings and technical exchange meetings when requested. Keep track of staff resumes and inform those who have out-of-date resumes to update. I often assist other administrative assistance in Microsoft Office products when needed.
Pros
Great co-workers, work/life balance
Great learning experience
Environmental Health and Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 24, 2017
It was a great opportunity to learn and utilize what I obtained from earning my college degree. Unfortunately, I cannot divulge to much information about my last job because of my security clearance, my apologies.
excellent Employer
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 17, 2017
The only issue is the commute and sometimes getting new project work is difficult until you get established. the company does not mentor or have an efficient way to build up your resume. those with experience do well but those with little experience is hard to grow or get onto good project work. Requires clearance to work as primary customer is US government.
Pros
work life balance, work from home, holiday parties
Cons
project take forever
Was a great place to work
Lead, Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 29, 2016
A reorganization has changed the company into something that is no longer different from the status quo. The company culture that was like a family is no longer there. Rather than a culture of those who help one another it is a cut throat enterprise.
Pros
Work/life benefits, continuing education
Cons
The lack of "care and feeding" of employee's for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitre Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2