Mitre Corporation

Mitre Corporation Employer Reviews

A great place to work.
Office Administrative Support Level III (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: dining facilities, healthcare, 401k, company online system site, clean working environment, management, co-workers, training, advancement, support
A typical day at work was busy, however, I enjoyed every moment of it.

I learned to develop teamworking skills, and time management.

Management as well as my co-workers were very supportive and taught me everything I needed to know and more.

The hardest part of the job was learning the company system, but once I learned, it became a piece of cake. – more... Another hard part was actually leaving the job permantly.

As I said before, I loved every part of this job. My bosses as well as the staff were a pleasure to work for. The working environment was very clean and positive. – less
Mitre
Domain Operations Analyst, Lead (Current Employee), McLean, VAJuly 9, 2012
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: benefits have gone down- not enough vacation
Great company.
Lots of opportunities for growth
Lots of opportunities for research
Good work Life Balance
Challenging and Professional
Principal INFOSEC Engineer (Current Employee), Ft. Meade Md.July 7, 2012
Mitre continues to stand out above its peers in quality of the work product and professionalism of its team.
Intelligent and collegial company that has a lot of interesting work.
Senior International Tech Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 28, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, collegial atmosphere, and the overall intelligence of employees is palpable.
Cons: can be challenging to ascend into the mid-to-higher ranks of the company.
Though the demands of the market have pushed MITRE toward a more typical consulting firm, its status as a Federally Funded Research and Development Center still does provide it with opportunities to help the US government solve some of its most complicated and interesting issues.
No job on earth like it!
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 22, 2012
The best place to work! Flex hours and comfortable environment. If you work hard, people appreciate it!
Excellent company considered on of the Best DOD Contractors
Lead Engineer, Systems Engineering (Former Employee), Scott AFB IllinoisJune 9, 2012
Pros: outstanding company, great benefits
Cons: working in the consulting world and constant challenges of the dod
Worked on top Secret projects so this review is limited in what I am free to say.
MITRE Corporation is an excellent place to work!
Lead Communications System Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 14, 2012
Pros: work-life balance is real, not just a motto.
Cons: some departments are too military oriented.
MITRE works exclusively for the US Government. Interesting work on National Security.
Data Entry - Programming- Administrative
Lead Tech Telephony- Avaya VoIP (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 29, 2012
Pros: working hands on with engineers-management
Cons: contract was not long enough
Evaluate system specifications and software down loads on to the phones for business requirements. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Solid understanding of business practices with fundamental understanding of project management methodology.
Excellent place to work.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VirginiaMarch 21, 2012
Pros: work life balance, good culture
True work life balance. Management supports good employee moral, by addressing issues, and empowers employees to participate in the harmonizing of the employee culture. Great benefits. There are opportunities for growth.
Challegning and Beneficial place to work!
Facilities Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), McLean, VAMarch 19, 2012
Pros: benefits (medical, dental, vision), leave time, sick time, vacation time, 401k, etc
Cons: distance, select departments can telecommute, etc.
The company is a not-for-profit federally funded research and development organization. They work for different military and governement agencies, completing projects.
Exciting work environment with very helpful employees.
Finance Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VA.March 5, 2012
Throughout my two summers working at Mitre, I enjoyed working in a constructive setting while learning about budget finance. Fellow employees were extremely helpful and would go out of their way to offer advice or support. The managers had timelines, but would not micromanage individual employees.
For Engineers Only
Office Administrative Support III (Former Employee), Bedford, MAMarch 1, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: poor management.
Great corporation to work for if you're an engineer but not for administrative staff. The benefits are excellent but MITRE exercises poor management skills in all areas.
Great Place to start or end your career
Information System Engineer (Current Employee), McLean, VirginiaMarch 1, 2012
Pros: work life balance
Cons: chargeable work, some hostility to new and upcoming technologies
I love MITRE as my first professional career out of college and only having a BS. I enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis they are all highly intelligent and understand their craft very well. However the up and down project work is a bother...one second you can't have enough time in a day and the next you have zero work to do for awhile. The – more... work life balance in unbelievable. I seen lots of companies say it and state it however MITRE Lives it.
I hope to continue my career here and also end it once that time comes. – less
Fantastic place to work if.....
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Mclean, VAJanuary 22, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere, great work life balance
Cons: terrible process for promotions and pay raises
your retired or not ambitious. The company places more emphasis on age and education than it does abilities. The company is fabulous however if you are looking to move up the ladder here then you better be ready to wait 20-30 years to do so.
Always something new to learn
Customer Service (Former Employee), warkworth,November 26, 2013
Could get very busy and needed to be always up to speed.
Computer system was very complex and needed full concentration at all times.
Effecient workplace with fun
Barman, Waiter (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: team, support
Cons: no progress
It was hard job and not for everyone but the team of people there is one of the best.
,un anbiente perfecto y agusto
farmacia mitre (Former Employee), Mendoza, ciudad colon y mitreJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: si seguro medico privado
Cons: contra ninguna era perfecto el trabajo
el dia a dia era muy bueno,aprendi las calles de toda la ciudad y sus alrededores aprendi a trabajar en grupo con gente,aprendi a vender ,me enseƱaron a tratar con los clientes .farmacia mitre colon y mitre.muy buenos colegas actualmente los tengo.no tenia nada de dificil lo hacia con muchas ganas me encantava.lo que mas me gusto todo el estar con medicamentos – more... ,me gusto llevarle a la gente sus medicinas el trato que yo tenia con mis jefes ,no tengo quejas yo renuncie no me echaron me tube que ir del pais – less

About Mitre Corporation

Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization, – Read more