Mitre Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

We do mostly Government work.
Network/Telecommunication Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 14, 2014
I come in each morning and monitor and pick up tickets for end users with network, Phone or Video teleconferencing problems. I call to set an appointment to visit client. I then go to resolve problem and close ticket. I have learned a tremendous amount of network, Phone and VTC problem solving and end user solutions. My co-workers are great. Most enjoyable part is making the end user happy with the work I ahve done and completed.
Great Place to work
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VA.September 24, 2014
Work days are great, I work with highly intelligent people. Everyday I arrive in the office I'm learning new things, and meeting new people. I love to keep busy so I'm associating myself with everyones job function. I really like speaking with the engineers I admire there work ethic. Mitre is a diversity organization, your working with people from all aspets of life, which makes it a fun workplace.
Pros
fun loving
Cons
i'm a temp employee
Business Focus: Research & Development
Data Center Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
The Mitre Corporation

Business Focus: Research & Development
Industry Category: Nonprofit
Local Offices: DC Metro Region
Total DC Employees: 3,600
Total Employees: 7,500
The MITRE Corporation is a not-for-profit organization that provides systems engineering, research and development, and information technology support to the government. It operates federally funded research and development centers for the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Homeland Security, the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. MITRE also has an internal research and development program (the MITRE Innovation Program) to enable our staff to create new technologies or apply existing tools and technologies in innovative ways to meet our sponsors' needs.

MITRE has been identified by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For for 9 years in a row.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break, health
Data Entry - Programming- Administrative
Lead Tech Telephony- Avaya VoIP (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 29, 2012
Evaluate system specifications and software down loads on to the phones for business requirements. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Solid understanding of business practices with fundamental understanding of project management methodology.
Pros
working hands on with engineers-management
Cons
contract was not long enough
MITRE Corporation is an excellent place to work!
Lead Communications System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2012
MITRE works exclusively for the US Government. Interesting work on National Security.
Pros
work-life balance is real, not just a motto.
Cons
some departments are too military oriented.
Truly a great place for Research and Development
Technical Project Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 13, 2013
A typical day always greeted you with a smile. The industry I worked for, dealt with Airport and Airspace, for which I acquired a great deal of transferable skills. The knowledge sharing with my co-workers was invaluable. The hardest part was my last day; for sequestration of the FAA budget spawned layoffs within the company. The many years of public service, made the seven years of employment, shaped my professional objective.
One of the best companies I could work for
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MA, and O'Fallon, ILAugust 13, 2012
Proud to work for this company. I think the rigour one would expect in a systems engineering outfit has degraded somewhat into the customer's bureaucratic process and culture. My personal challenge is to overcome that over-damped bureaucratic culture and provide the sponsor with higher quality output and value.
Excellent Company
Lead Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 9, 2013
Determine Requirements; formulate hypothsis to obtain data sets and unknowns

Decompose Data Sets to assemble a "multiple pieces of the puzzle"

Evaluate components into a re-assembled

Determine how they relate to requirements

I learned use opensource and coursera for education

Co-works are good folks

Hardest part of the job is dealing with multiple managerial layers

Working with good folks on important work
Pros
excellent opportunities
Cons
limited growth
Lead Network Systems & Distribution Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 19, 2014
People are great, management is ok depending on who you work for.
Great company overall
Economic/Business Analyst, Senior (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 3, 2014
MITRE has high standards for it's quality of work, the services it provides its clients, and recognizing its employees as its best asset. Each day brought exciting new projects, which were challenging and demanded excellence. Coworkers were always willing to help recommend solutions, provide peer reviews, and give insight and lessons learned from past projects.
No job on earth like it!
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 22, 2012
The best place to work! Flex hours and comfortable environment. If you work hard, people appreciate it!
Good workplace and workforce.
Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 18, 2013
Good environment to share ideas.
Up to date use of software systems.
Management structure is hierarchical.
Great team members.
Required to ensure government reg compliance.
Terrific workplace environment.
Great Company
Asset Control & Hardware/Software Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 29, 2014
Great company. Much knowledge flowing about to absorb. Great management and peers.
The Best Place to Work!
Training and Organizational Development Lead (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 31, 2013
Working at MITRE was the best work I've ever experienced. I learned a lot there, the management was supportive, my co-workers were the best.
Going through reorganization and a little bit scarry
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Management is hard to deal with. Co-workers are great. Management does not treat everyone fairly.
Pros
building, parking
Cons
micro management
Exciting work environment with very helpful employees.
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA.March 5, 2012
Throughout my two summers working at Mitre, I enjoyed working in a constructive setting while learning about budget finance. Fellow employees were extremely helpful and would go out of their way to offer advice or support. The managers had timelines, but would not micromanage individual employees.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 21, 2013
Management was supportive and my co-workers were great. They were flexible with work schedules.
Great Benefits and flexible work/life balance
Telecommunications Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJuly 22, 2013
The best part of this job was being supported to create areas of growth in my job. Growth, both personal and professional, is strongly supported.
Pros
flexible schedule/wfh options
Cons
sequestration causing cut backs
Contract position
LAN/Voice & Video Tech (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 17, 2014
I loved working there, however the position was temporary. I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
access to s lot of technology.
Cons
temp work
Relaxed environment
Support Secretary (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 11, 2014
Administrative support to the Director and Deputy Director of the AERA Lab. Proofreading/reviewing documents for production.