Mitsubishi Electric Employee Reviews

Pleasant working conditions with travel
Sales Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Mitsubishi is well known for its caring attitude towards employees. Working conditions at the office are great. There is a full service cafeteria along with a gym open to all employees.
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
No incentive for sales efforts
Fast-paced job with unpredictable hours.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYJanuary 1, 2018
The job is relatively easy and the benefits are great. They paid for my prescription safety glasses. Mitsubishi also offered health, dental, vision, and 401K. The only two downsides are the unpredictable schedule and the ESD shoes. Mitsubishi provides the shoes but they are extremely uncomfortable. The schedule was unpredictable because they could make you work Saturdays or overtime with only a 24 hour notice. Overtime was not voluntary on my line, it was required, often.
Pros
Good breaks, nice break room, reasonable pay, great benefits.
Cons
Mandatory overtime, working Saturdays.
Disfunctional
Sr. Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 5, 2017
Interdepartmental fighting led to low morale. Pay and benefits were good. Would not recommend working at Mitsubishi until they get their act together.
It was a mistake to leave.
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYNovember 21, 2017
I would tell anyone who had the chance to work there to go for it because the benefits are great, and the pay is there. Plenty of paid time off, and other quarterly checks.
Pros
Income is good.
Cons
Short lunch, and breaks.
Fired me with no warning.
Assembly Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Freedom, PANovember 14, 2017
Had 4 weeks of training and then had 2 months on the floor was suppose to get hired in one week and fired me with no reasoning. Wasted my time actually finding a career. The management also sucks they have no leadership and usually have no idea whats going on. Also the managers, their bosses and their bosses never worked the floor so they really have no clue what is going on and they pick favorites on who does the easy jobs and who does the worst of the worst. this place is a joke,
Pros
Clean
Cons
no management can fire you when every they want for no reason
Motivated, collaborative and detailed leader
Midwest Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Freedom, PANovember 7, 2017
Well managed division of global Mitsubishi Electric. Considered a high quality supplier of power electronic systems to rail mass transit and freight customers.

Able to work without "micro management" from senior staff.
Pros
Working with international project teams
Cons
Interruption and delay in several major projects.
Favorites
Sr. Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 18, 2017
Long time employee that works hard but doesnt suck up. If you like to suck up to boss u can sit on your phone and play games and surf internet or just walk around and bs the day away while everyone else works. Lots of overtime well lots of mandatory overtime about a year straight so far on this stretch, so management has no clue what they are doing. Very discriminitor treatment from juvinile coworkers and supervisor also reflected in job assignments.
Pros
Decent pay and good benefits
Cons
Coworkers and managememt
They only hire temp have few people permanent
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 6, 2017
I was a temp employee only working to replace the absence of another employee that went to China for training.
It is a good company in term of financial security
Pros
provide lunch and Gym
Cons
limitation for growing
cultural friendly
Clerical Warehouse Associate / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 30, 2017
A nice job to work at, mangers sometime abuse their position. Would like for the warehouse would have recognized history of work and degrees than favoritism. A better positive approach when selecting warehouse management.
Pros
opportune to advance
Cons
better management in warehouse
Hard to manage family and work
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYSeptember 28, 2017
At Mitsubishi they don't care about individuals. Working here I feel like a number not a person with real needs. The company seems to always be against you. But it's a job, they gave me oppertunity were I couldn't get one elsewhere. Because of Mitsubishi I have experience and knowledge, and I am grateful
Not so great
Technician (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PASeptember 14, 2017
Worked there for years , loved the environment but the lack of culture and education for the shift supervisors made it hard . Employees are threatened dismissal at the least error, supervisors play favoritism when it comes to promoting hard work and mostly the HR was there for the company and not the employee.
Do not take any temp jobs there if you're offered any but a technician position because you'll get fired without warning and changing roles is almost impossible once you're in. Always ask about the jump start program if you're willing to be a tech and lastly devote your time to consistency you'll make all ranks.
Pros
Great place to work generally
Cons
Stressful tension between staff and supervision, all men zone, don't have high hopes if you're racially fragile
Was on co-op
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 12, 2017
No one in the quality department wanted to teach me how to use any of the equipment that would help lessen the load on the quality department. I was stuck using excel
Pros
Nice people
Cons
bad managment
Ping Pong
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 11, 2017
It was like a family from home. The people there for the most part were there to help and be helpful. Nice environment. The hardest part of the job was leaving. Work place culture was enjoyable.
Pros
Always something new to learn.
Cons
Some things just needed to get done that may have been out of my hands.
Hard day to day job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 28, 2017
This job is a hard job that requires a lot of muscle, skill and strength. Even though the health benefits are great at this job, the home life after your job is very bad due to your lack of energy after work.
Office
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 21, 2017
Pay and benefits were above average.
Managers and those in higher level positions were greatly lacking in knowledge and offered very little if any support.
Seems like a lot of time for them was spent in meetings, but no action or improvements ever came from those meetings.
Very very little work/ life balance.
A good "housecleaning" in several departments would make the place a better work environment.
Too many chiefs in many of the office positions that produce very little if any output. No accountability for their actions or the time they are actually at work.
Actual production staff are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Other locations seem to operate in all areas much better.
Pros
Pay
Excellent compensation and benefits
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 20, 2017
Mitsubishi is a good company providing excellent benefits and compensation. Work was reliable, overtime was ample, mandatory and bordered on excessive (70+ hours/wk).
Opportunity for advancement was good, promotions from within were key, learning from long term supervisors was paramount to my own promotion and appreciated.
Opting instead to return to school for IT study led me to leave the company.
Company needs to manage better. Very stressful to work here.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 12, 2017
Worked at this company for 20 years. Was great for first 5 years but then it turned for the worst. Became very stressful and employees were not given what they need to succeed.
Very technologically advanced. Very good work atmosphere
Production Technician II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
This is the best job I've had so far. You develop the most unique set of skills based off of the most highly sophisticated transformers in the industry.
Pros
Its a great career builder
Cons
If you are afraid of heights i would not recommend it
Productive and easy to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franlin, InAugust 8, 2017
I was working as a temp when I first went and they liked my work and hired me on as a Customer Service Rep. a new position. I liked it a lot but the company had a decline in sales and must of us almost all were layed off.
Good Place to Work
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYAugust 2, 2017
Clean, climate controlled environment. Excellent benefits and room for professional advancement. A lot of good knowledgeable people to work with. A lot of cross cultural experiences.