Mitsubishi Electric Employee Reviews

Profits First
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 28, 2016
There were a few good instances where I learned quite a lot about MEAA and mass production. I learned that when you're just a face and a number, you have little value in a large company. I learned that , despite codes and safety regulation, industrial safety still takes a backseat to profits in most cases. I also learned that industrial scale manufacturing is darker and dirtier than I'd every imagined.

It should have been a red flag to me when the previous co-op who's position I was filling left at short notice. These types of things don't happen for no reason at all. He was probably as dissatisfied with his position as I was when I left after just one co-op term.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of applicable work. I was informed that I would be working with PLC's and automation. In reality, I ended up commenting ladder logic programs and having the safety projects I developed axed by bean counters.
Pros
Introductory Health Coverage
Cons
Management, benefits, unsafe work environment, low morale
Mitsubishi Pro AV Division
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 23, 2016
This would have been my 2nd round with Mitsubishi. Since Mitsubishi's Consumer TV business had failed, the management team was carried over to the Pro division to help increase sales. I was hired to grow AV projection business in 13 states and had gained substantial sales growth but in the end, the company could not meet the growth needed to stay in business.
Pros
Great management, pay and the opportunity to work from my home office.
Cons
No benefits and not a long term position.
Mitsubishi is a great Organization
Sr Director, Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 26, 2017
This a great organization which mixes a Japanese culture into an American business climate. Management has an open door policy and is highly focused on our customers and employees. There is plenty of latitude to implement good ideas and deliver results.
work till you drop , little training
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 11, 2016
If you like working 7 days a week 10 hours a day this place is for you. Machines always down forcing weekend work not a little bit, but a lot. If you take off to much time--no matter the reason your out. I know several who were dismissed that way. They had family issues;
it didn't matter. Not much training either; show you a few things and then your on your own. Its typical production culture; stress, and not worth it for the 12-14 hr they pay. There are far better companies in the Tri-State to work for that are more family friendly and genuinely interested in you as a person and a employee. I would avoid this place
Pros
money is there since your working 60+ hour weeks
Cons
stress, no family time
A complete joke.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 27, 2016
First of all, prepare to give up your social/family life. I was working 6 to 7 days for this joke of a company. The schedule is supposed to be Monday-Friday, but the machines are ALWAYS breaking down. Causing people to be forced into mandatory over time all weekend. That was always a nightmare as well. The techs could care less if you run or not. Anything they attempt to fix, typically breaks down over and over again. This place is more worried about cleaning/organizing but they are too cheap to replace their machines that have been running since the 70's!! They cater to every need on the assembly lines, but treat the workers in production HORRIBLY. They do not care if you're stuck dealing with machines that barely work. They will blame YOU for it. Tech support is a JOKE, management is a JOKE and I recommend you DO NOT APPLY HERE. Unless you want to end up with severe depression and no life at all. It would be a bearable job if they would just listen to their employees, FIX MACHINES and cut out all the mandatory over time. Get it together!
Pros
Great pay, benefits, 401k.
Cons
Working 6-7 days a week, lack of tech support, hard to move positions, favoritism, no AC in production areas, no communication, level 5's are LAZY and inconsiderate.
very demanding
Drafting Section Manager Substation Division (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 12, 2016
management is out of touch with work force. doesn't understand work life balance. the most enjoyable thing about the job was the people I managed.
Summer Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 12, 2017
I interned with the High Voltage Switch-gear division. The culture was very welcoming. There was is a factory attached to the division, which allows for you to go out and make sure your design is being assembled correctly.
Pros
Free Coffee, Company Outings
Excellent Company to work for- stable company with balance work/life
Collections Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 14, 2016
I started working with the company and they have trained and assisted me greatly in becoming the professional I am today. The position is intense but gives you the opportunity to go outside of your comfort zone and expand your work knowledge base.
Pros
Excellent Benefits Package
unorganized and poor comunication
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 25, 2017
good benefits friendly environment over all good job good pay but they switch your shifts around with out asking if you can work them
Pros
good pay
Cons
they switch your shifts without asking
Overall
Line machine attendent (Current Employee) –  Maysville,KYJanuary 27, 2017
Overall it's a great work environment with great benefits. I love my job due to the fact of such a fast pace work environment and great training. It's a really great place to work
Pros
Good training
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Mitsubishi Electric?

Ask a question
people are great
Supervisor - Technical Assistance Center (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Undersize for its expectations and Japanese leadership tends to stay or mingle with the upper echelon. Upper management can lose focus at times.
Great company to have a job with
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJuly 22, 2016
Great company to have a job with, not a career. You are hired for the job you interviewed for. Advancement is not part of their culture.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Job security
Small company
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 2, 2016
R&D lab. Small family owed company which had some confusing management due to the various investors. I always had a concern about the companies longevity, but they are still going
Productive, challenging, great place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 8, 2016
Excellent environment to work, great opportunities for learning, i had great time working at Mitsubishi. The management is very supportive, company provides opportunities to advance your education and provide adequate training options for engineers and staff.
Pros
Great benefits, Management is very supportive, advancement in technology
Great company to work for
Warhouse man II (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 22, 2016
My typical day at Mitsubishi was a speedy but productive environment. I learned that quality over quantity is important. The management team there was fair and understanding. My co-workers were honest and caring. The hardest part of my job was that the company moved out of state, and I stayed in California. I really loved the job. I enjoyed that I was able to work together with my co-workers as a team, just like a family.
Great place
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Opportunities for growth. Great people. Great work environment. Global company one can be proud to work for. Offers a premium product to a the HVAC market.
Good Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 30, 2017
As soon as we got to work there would be 3 or 4 trucks waiting to be unloaded. After that we would all split and i would build wood and pull orders when needed.
great benefits
Die Cast Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioJuly 30, 2016
Die cast molding. Tough jobs in this factory, lots of over time. Uniforms supplies along with hats and a nice coat. Co workers worked as a team.Great benefits
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to get off 2nd shift
nice work environment
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 9, 2016
I loved this job. opportunity to learn a new skill. the supervisors took time to explain and show you what to do. the hardest part was to straighten up the wires on the alternator when they were bent. my coworkers were wonderful . anything I asked they politely guided me in the direction I needed to go
Pros
good pay
Cons
no off days
It was cool. Would work there again.
FORKLIFT PICKER (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 7, 2016
People were great until the new guys came in. Got really strict and so many people were kicked out. Other than that, it was cool. You could come in earlier if you wanted to get some extra hours in. Good OT.
Pros
OT, People, Friendly, occasional lunches
Cons
new guys, strictness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitsubishi Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

81%