Mitsubishi Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Production Associate (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 1, 2017
great job decent pay good hours employee cafeteria 3 weeks vacation after one year. room to move up in company great coworkers paid training discounts on cars
Plant Closed
Group Leader, Corporate Auditor, ISO Auditor (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 1, 2017
Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturing of North America was closed as of November 31, 2015. The plant has been sold and is in use by a different company at this time.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Closed
SALES MANAGER/FINANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2017
Great team to achieve goals and quotas. Are culture is very diverse and co workers do get a long well. The most enjoyable part of this job is the customers we work with.
Very rewarding place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Great employer with awesome benefits package. Great pay and opportunity for advancement for those who desired to move up. Organized production floor and safe place to work.
Pros
Great pay and benefits package
Cons
Plant was shut down in 2016
Hardest part of job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 17, 2017
The staff was very rude, and there was not enough customer revenue. Not space to grow, managers did not care about time spent, only the money you make.
Competitive environment
Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Must take the initiative to learn and grow as an employee. Fast paced environment. Must be eager to take opportunities. Occasionally learning from mistakes.
Great benefits, but no vision or advancement opportunity for most
Senior Specialist, Franchise Development (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 14, 2017
This company is a stopping ground for your career unless you venture off to a competitor.

The management lacks long term vision or creativity, as evidenced by the naming of our products.

Our building is old and poorly maintained with insects/roaches, dirty carpeting and drab grey walls and the only thing updated in the last year were the restrooms. Yet the bathroom tile is still the same, stained 20 year old fixtures.

There is absolutely no training and development. None. In fact, the last training calendar was updated in 2005! So does one learn new skills and become a competitive player trying to move up the corporate ladder? You don't, at least not through the company.

Far too much to explain, but it's a trap and nothing more than a paycheck for most who are simply waiting to retire.
Pros
Competitively priced benefits
Cons
lack of advancement, old building with roaches, leadership is stale
balanced
Wind Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarita, TXAugust 21, 2017
team effort was a plus,safety a priority.....some jobs were harder than others as is any field, but overall good group of people during my time there.
This is a company that cares about employees and provides everything you and your family need.
Associate / Paint Shop, Inspection, Trim (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 17, 2017
Excellent company. They genuinely care about all employees. Excellent pay and benefits top notch. Job security, Retirement security they have it all. Very respectful of employees.
Pros
Provide everything you and your family need
Cons
US plant closed. But no regrets.
lack of management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 7, 2017
lack of leadership, trust and compassion for fellow associates. Management's attitude was horrible and just didn't care was the finale straw that did the company in.
Quiet place with little advancement
Outsides Sales Rep, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at work was slow and quiet. Not many employees interacted and it felt very stressful. Management was tough and did not hear your opinions or suggestions. My manager was very condescending and belittling. Not a work place for someone who wants advancement as well as a face paced work place with employee interaction and success.
great pay and bebfits
Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 23, 2017
I spent most of my 26 years here on the door assembly line as a floater. I did all jobs and trained new people coming in. Spent 6 months as Quality control leader and did a presentation to the Japanese on cutting costs of scrap materials
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
some of the work was very hard on the body
closed down
Automotive Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 17, 2017
factory closed down. Empty, abandoned, tumple weeds and coyotes, decaying, rusting, crumbling parking lots. Now mostly a refuge for geese. Mistakes by Japanese management were the cause of its demise
Pros
discount on cars
Cons
it closed down
Could be a great company to work for
Parts Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 1, 2017
Poor organization, no standard work procedures, lacks consistency.
Very good company to work for, however a consistent training program written and approved by corporate/training coordinator would definitely create a successful team member. Standard work instructions and safety should also be incorporated.
Travel with the company , meet with different vendors around thr world, Friday happy hour meal
Machinery Department Document Expediter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
I love working for this Company it was for me the platform of my career as professional. I travel intensively with group management of the company assisting with the overall manufacturing leasing status quote of warehouses Heavy Machinery products. Meeting incredible professional and eyewitness their overall view opinions and suggestion to perfect our customer care . Building relationship internal and across the world.
Pros
Travel, "D" day off. room for advancement training
Good while it lasted
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 27, 2017
Mitsubishi was a good place to work with great co-workers. Unfortunately, MMC chose to close the facility & move all US production back to Japan. The Normal facility was finally turning a profit when they decided to close it.
Pros
Great pay & benefits, culture
Cons
Plant closed
excellent benefits
AR Coordinator / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 12, 2017
During my time with Mitsubishi, I have learned all duties of AR. I posted ACH and lockbox payments to accounts. I made collection calls on all past due accounts. I processed expense reports that were in USD and Foreign currency. I entered the figures for the balance and income statements at month end.I also did adjustments and journal entries. The hardest part of the job is trying to reconcile accounts that were out of the country.The workplace culture is very upbeat and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have accounts that pay on a timely manner, no collection calls needed.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
no breaks
Poor management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 3, 2017
Started on the alternator line was good moved to bracket and sorting I loved it. Day one going in everyone said just pray you don't end up on the starter line hardest line in plant and supervisor is known to be extremely mean. Well off to the starter line yes it was fast hard but not to hard just virtually no training . you do several different jobs which I liked . shame they let this woman run it the way she does much turnover on starter line with good reason shorter than scheduled breaks and lunch. All in all a good learning experience to move on with. Many lines are shut down hiring freeze .No job security.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Poor management, awful training. No job security
Great people to work with
Senior Packaging System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 3, 2017
Mitsubishi was a great place to work. Great people to work with.

I was very sad to see Mitsubishi leave the United States and return to Japan.

I was with Mitsubishi for 28 years and would have remained until retirement.
Average workplace
CASHIER/RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 31, 2017
Mitsubishi is a mediocre place to work. No room for advancement and no acknowledgment for a job well done or for going above and beyond. Although the pay is goof for what the job entails.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no room for advancement