Customer Technical Support/ Junior Technical Director
Mixamo is an exciting start-up company that provides the first premium quality 3D character animation experience entirely online. Come join world-class talent in a fun, stimulating, and rewarding environment in San Francisco's hip, up-and-coming Dogpatch neighborhood.
Our mission is to democratize character animation. Think Pixar meets Instagram. We are helping game developers and filmmakers create amazing character animations in minutes. We are currently looking for a Customer Technical Support/ Junior Technical Director who can lead our customer support efforts. We’re looking for someone with creativity, people skills and an interest in online marketing. Must be able to juggle multiple projects at a time and wear many hats. We are looking for a self-starter who will hit the ground running.
The Customer Technical Support/ Junior Technical Director will connect directly with Mixamo users to assist in website use and support as well as to provide feedback for the development team to improve website functionality. The position will also assist the online marketing team to create website content and marketing assets.
This is a position in which you will assist our community of game developers and animators have the best possible experience in creating 3D content. Most of our customers are using Unity3d and are making games. We are looking for someone to assist our users and help them to understand how to rig, animate or control a character. We also gather a lot of feedback from our users on ideas about products or content they need so we can add it to our offering.
Besides support the candidate will help create 3D content, scripts and marketing material such as high-quality renderings for our newsletter and so on. In addition, you will learn everything about animation. Many of our employees who have started as interns at Mixamo have taken teaching positions at their former school just a few years later!
What you’ll be doing
Support will be 40-50% of the work, including replying to emails, posting on our forum, etc. the rest of the time will be spent working on:
- Creating character and animation packages for end users
- Creating marketing material and tutorials
- Hosting webinars
- Learning all kind of state-of-the-art technology around animation! You will learn more about animation than you can imagine.
The most important criteria for joining our support team is:
- Positive enthusiasm towards helping people!
- Familiarity with Unity3d, game engines in general and 3D tools (Maya, Max, etc.) as well as scripting/coding
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and take it all the way to resolution
- Excellent writing abilities (please provide sample)
- Customer relationship experience, strong people skills
- Design/Rendering and/or Photoshop experience
- CS or similar technical degree
- Good eye for art/aesthetics is a big plus
For entry-level applicants we are willing to train the right candidate. Attitude and enthusiasm are very important here at Mixamo.
If you are interested please send a copy of your resume, cover letter and demo reel