SPECIAL EVENTS AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
DO NOT SEND RESUME UNLESS YOU HAVE SUBSTANTIAL EVENT COORDINATOR EXPERIENCE AND WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE OTHER REQUIRED AREAS. NO PHONE INQUIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Mizell Senior Center of Palm Springs is seeking a full time Special Events and Development Coordinator. This individual will provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and evaluation of Mizell Senior Center’s fundraising events, including our annual Gala, direct mail, sponsor, and major donor solicitation and cultivation. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines and priorities. Excellent customer service, strong interpersonal and time management skills, attention to detail and experience working with the public is required. The Individual reports to the Development Director and will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Experience required for these major responsibilities areas include:
- Event Coordination – including managing event processes, coordinating meetings, preparing and monitoring event budgets, creating event reports;
- Soliciting event sponsors and In-Kind vendors;
- Assist in the development of media, marketing materials, announcements, and media relations;
- Develop new events, and maintains, organizes and manages existing Mizell fundraisers and special events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently, and generate maximum revenue and exposure
- Works alongside Board Committee Chairs, and co-facilitates various event related committees as required
- Coordinates Volunteers in cooperation with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Creates, prepares, and distributes meeting minutes and supporting documents,
- Coordinates guest lists, food service arrangements, menu planning, decorative and table set-up, nametags and staffing;
- Responsible for communications and marketing in support of special events and major donor and business partner solicitation and cultivation;
- Coordinates production and distribution of print materials for donor/sponsor/and participant solicitation.
- At least two years’ experience in special events and major donor cultivation planning, preferably in the not-for-profit sector and marketing, public or community relations background. A Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills;
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher;
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills;
- Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills. Attention to detail is imperative;
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility. Ability to work with deadlines, and experience working with high-level donors and board members in a non-profit setting;
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Please send salary requirements with resume. Paid vacation and personal time. Medical, dental, vision benefits after 90 days.
Indeed - 10 months ago
The Mizell Senior Center meets the needs of the community through services provided at the Center and through outreach programs for seniors...