Mizuho OSI

Mizuho OSI Employer Reviews

Stable market position with specialty products
Account Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 3, 2013
Pros: excellent products always in demand
Cons: compensation structure changed frequently
Gold standard in specialty surgical tables. Always innovative and on top of market trends.
good place to work until new management
Sr. Buyer/Planner (Former Employee), Union City, CASeptember 8, 2012
Pros: benefits including yearly bonus, events
Cons: don't care about their employees and lies to them
I worked there for 9 years as a buyer and left as Sr. Buyer when I was laid off with 49 other people. They said my job was no longer needed but then replaced my position the next few days with a planner who walked out 3 weeks later. They had to change the title of the position to make it legal. I had the most seniority so why should I be the one to – more... go. They lie and don't care about there employees. The CEO told us in a meeting the month before the company was not doing great but still doing good and we had nothing to worry about which was another lie. I thought it was a good company until they backstabbed me and others. Even after the layoff people were getting fired and quitting. I have to say I did get good raises yearly so I guess that meant I was a good employee. There was a person there (retired now) that I believe didn't like me and he may of been behind it in getting me laid off. So, what does that tell you about the company. Get rid of people just because they don't like you even though you do a good job. To this day I still would like to know the real reason they laid me off. I saved the company more money then they ever paid me in 9 years. That means I worked for free. – less
Terrible executive level management. No advancement or recognition
Marcom coordinator (Former Employee), Union cityJuly 24, 2012
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: everything else
It's a job. Executive level managent is horrible. Completely clueless. They do not seek nor listen to the employees. Toxic workplace. Run away!
Competitive and always changing market to work in
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2012
A typical day at work included calling on surgeons and OR staff to find leads that would direct us to potential tables sales. Very surgeon driven market.
Great management within the company
Hardest part of the job was the quotas being unreachable in the current market

July 7, 2012

Why are their quotas being unreachable in todays marketplace? I been watching Mizuho OSI and their giving Medtronic a run for the money. Usually the sales department should already have their own leads. Every orthopedic mfg company Ive worked at in Warsaw Indiana all had a strong sales force, and the weaker sales people were dismissed.

An OK company if you are desparate for work. It will not be voted by Forbes as the best complany to work for
Analyst III- Production Control (Former Employee), Union City, CAApril 5, 2012
Pros: company sales are doing well, the benefits are above average.
Cons: management not concerned about employee training, or advancement.
Many current employees would seek employment elsewhere if the economy and job market was in a better situation.