Mizuho OSI Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work until new management
Sr. Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Union City, CASeptember 8, 2012
I worked there for 9 years as a buyer and left as Sr. Buyer when I was laid off with 49 other people. They said my job was no longer needed but then replaced my position the next few days with a planner who walked out 3 weeks later. They had to change the title of the position to make it legal. I had the most seniority so why should I be the one to go. They lie and don't care about there employees. The CEO told us in a meeting the month before the company was not doing great but still doing good and we had nothing to worry about which was another lie. I thought it was a good company until they backstabbed me and others. Even after the layoff people were getting fired and quitting. I have to say I did get good raises yearly so I guess that meant I was a good employee. There was a person there (retired now) that I believe didn't like me and he may of been behind it in getting me laid off. So, what does that tell you about the company. Get rid of people just because they don't like you even though you do a good job. To this day I still would like to know the real reason they laid me off. I saved the company more money then they ever paid me in 9 years. That means I worked for free.
Pros
benefits including yearly bonus, events
Cons
don't care about their employees and lies to them
An OK company if you are desparate for work. It will not be voted by Forbes as the best complany to work for
Analyst III- Production Control (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAApril 5, 2012
Many current employees would seek employment elsewhere if the economy and job market was in a better situation.
Pros
company sales are doing well, the benefits are above average.
Cons
management not concerned about employee training, or advancement.
Competitive and always changing market to work in
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2012
A typical day at work included calling on surgeons and OR staff to find leads that would direct us to potential tables sales. Very surgeon driven market.
Great management within the company
Hardest part of the job was the quotas being unreachable in the current market
Terrible executive level management. No advancement or recognition
Marcom coordinator (Former Employee) –  Union cityJuly 24, 2012
It's a job. Executive level managent is horrible. Completely clueless. They do not seek nor listen to the employees. Toxic workplace. Run away!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything else
Stable market position with specialty products
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 3, 2013
Gold standard in specialty surgical tables. Always innovative and on top of market trends.
Pros
excellent products always in demand
Cons
compensation structure changed frequently
Never apply for a job or go for an interview with this company. They are the worst company to interview for!
SR. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 15, 2014
The management is a mess they are not organized at all. I've apply for a position with this company and they call me for a round of interviews, after the second interview they decided that I was a good candidate for a second position they have open too and they were very interested in me as a candidate,so I had to go again for another round of interviews because they wanted to know which position better fit me. They told me we are going to discuss this issue and decide by the end of this week. Everything was going well even they gave me the tour around the site and the manufacturing area. "They will never do that if the company is not interested in the candidate". The funny thing is that the General Manager make all the decisions in there, no matter what the rest of the top management think he will be the one saying yes or no. After while and the mess they had with the interviews they decided to close the first position I've applied for and leave the second position open. They never got back to me with the status and then after 3 weeks I decided to call HR person to check on the status and when they picked the phone they didn't even know what to tell me. The person was so embarrassed for what they did that couldn't respond any of my questions properly. The person just encourage me to apply for any other open position with them again... and of course I'll never do that!! They've showed me the bad administration and how disorganized they are. I've been working for the industry for over 10 years and never experience anything like.Overall they made me loose time and money driving  more... over there doing the fact that I live 2hrs away from the place for nothing.  less

2.9