MJHS Employee Reviews in United States

Workplace
Customer Service Rep/Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2016
The workplace is friendly. It was busy and productive. I've learned to be patient with customers and their needs. I met a lot of great friends.
rewarding to help terminally ill patients die with dignity and with comfort
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2016
Lovely place to work, busy at times as is in all nursing. Learned to appreciate the precious and limited time we all have here on earth and to really make the most of it.
Pros
Beautifulplace to work, on Manhattan Beach
Cons
21/2 hours commute each way from my home in Kew gardens
productive
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2016
MJHS is a wonderful place to work. I have learned a lot thru out my 16 years working there. The management is fair with their employees.
Do not recommend!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2016
Terrible management: promoted without any leadership experience and proper education. Gossip and favoritism. Staff gets promotions based on personal relashionships with the management and/or family relationships. Staff is treated poorly, management is unprofessional, nasty and rude. Workload is unreasonable: no satisfaction at the end of the day because quantity is overweight quality. Staff is expected to work without lunch and overtime without compensation.
Pros
Decent benefits, option to work remotely
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor work ethics, low morale
Run!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 24, 2016
I'm an ex employee....my opinion is that the overall culture is do more and shut up. If that's your thing than go ahead and apply, but if it's not run and run fast. HR is fully aligned with management. I worked as a Social Worker and left unimpressed and tired. They are so number driven that quality is secondary. Ohhhhh and lastly your expected to cover 24 hr shifts at least three times a month covering two whole boros.... it broke me and I said bye bye and ran.
Pros
Pt's sharing their life and death is cathartic.
Cons
Management and HR's greed and business model.
N/a
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10001March 3, 2016
Too many Managers, No employees, Lots of lay offs, Management fires whomever they do not like PERSONALLY. Favoritisim, Gossip and Slander from Managers.
Pros
Barely any
Cons
everything about the company
Management use scare tactics
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2016
I just resigned because i could no longer take the poor management. There are often layoffs which are not addressed with employee. One day someone is there the next day gone. My colleagues are all trying to find new jobs. Management is poor and threaten you if you under produce. You are not valued because they feel you are replaceable. I worked in various departments and the culture is the same. HR is a joke often supporting the management rather than feild staff.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
poor management
interesting, fun and a learning experience!
Florida Pace Front Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
I love all of my Co-workers, and i miss dearly. I got laid off after providing four months of good work, I ended up with a new manger that wanted everything her way, and didnt care how it would have come across. I was promised something and never giving to me. I was promised that i would recieve what i have sign for and i am still waiting for it. I would have a louder voice but i didnt. coming from experiences now, its better off that i didnt tell her off, and judge her like she was judging me. instead i was giving a extra 30 days for her to understand my values. so instead of 90 days of probation, i got 120 without HR approval. I am truly less stress then i was working there..
Pros
my dearly co workers, and patients...
Cons
its the quantity and not quality, management sucks
Work atomosphere
Coordinator of Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working in the homecare division rather than hospice and palliative care. It is a nicer atmosphere, however the NYC location is great
Pros
time off
Cons
not eneough employees
Management and HR clueless
Managed Care Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2015
The manager for my department were absent all the time running the department via home because it was too far to commute.

Low morale and the coworker were nasty in the department.

The Director were clueless to whats going on with the department just want to get pay.

Talking to HR is useless; the person will blame you instead of investigating the whole situation. Senior HR are lazy and incompetent.

Most of the time employees stay because of the benefits.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Incompetent Senior Management
Productive, friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2015
The management/employers are friendly, and willing to help you learn as much as you can.
You are able to get on board with current research if you are willing to do the work.
A Great Place to Work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 27, 2015
A typical week, begins with our status meeting. Projects are clearly assigned, and there is great collaboration between copywriters and designers. Tight deadlines and multiple revisions are common.
Pros
Small, tight-knit work environment.
Cons
Not much time for lunch breaks due to high volume of work
excellent company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 8, 2015
great work environment and staff.

everyone works collectively as a unit and supports each other

management staff is awesome :)
Great benefits, room for growth
Home Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ManhattanSeptember 1, 2015
Offers great benefits: Tuition reimbursement, Paid BSN degree for RN's, bonuses for referring staff..etc..
They have various locations in the city with many options for promotion.
Productive work place
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn NYAugust 6, 2015
Supportive management all about growth and development of the company. All co-workers are different some are friendly others are not so much, but over all friendly environment.
Pros
Birthdays Celebrations
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Management was great and co-workers were very friendly. It was not a boring job and I serviced patients from all cultures. I even learn to speak a little Russian.
Pros
Great Pay with excellent benefits
Cons
can be a challenge the weather is bad. (Snow)
Rewarding envirinment
Nurse Manager - Adult Day Health Center (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2015
Very rewarding environment. I was able to interact with and help a wide range of patients that needed help. I felt i was able to enhance the quality of life for my patients.
Pros
Professional environment
PER DIEM STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2015
Nice place to work.
Hours are workable
Respect from all members of the team
co workers are very helpful
There is always something fun going on.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Politics
Supportive of all RN staff
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2015
The agency strives for excellence and seeks improvement in the workplace by asking all staff. And most of all our ideas are implemented.
Enjoyable work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2015
Was employed with company for 12 and 1/2 years total. Worked in various departments over the years and learned a lot about working for a health system. Met a lot of great people there.