MJHS Employee Reviews

Good company
Director of Organizational Development (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Good working environment. People are nice and help each other. The ease of working with colleagues is stress less. History of the organization and the caring is evident in the work that people do each day. Hardest part of the job is learning about the different business functions. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to go to work a work with good people.
Pros
Good work environment
ok place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  mjhs officeDecember 28, 2016
this place is ok to work very typical rote office work where employees get treated like cattle. not very exciting or motivational.
it's a good company to work with
Medicare Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2016
it's a very organize. good people to work with. very supportive to each employer. we work as a team. we all have our own site outside of the street. i have to finish my goal every month. my manager knows how to help us out each time we have a hard time to reach our goal. the most enjoyable part of the job is freedom. as long as we done the goal of the day we will have some free time.
Goal driven
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2016
Work alone, have to meet goals of the day short lunch break. Coworkers are very nice and friendly management not so much.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Short lunch break
RN Coordinator
RN Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 30, 2016
Working with Queen team was the worst, high turnover with nurses, too many patients , no nurses to cover cases...................................

benefits are great!!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Travel times
N/a
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2016
Very good company to work with. Very caring and family oriented. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. Great staff.
Employees Not Appreciated / Bad Management
IT (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2016
Hard work goes unrecognized. This is due to bad management. Favoritism is definitely a factor. A new person comes on board and doesn't know much but luckily for them, they are friends with management and they move up the ladder rapidly while someone else is more deserving. Management belittles their employees and has a way of shunning them instead of motivating and lifting them. All the good people leave and find other jobs and when asked "how is your new job?". The answer is always the same. They are happy and feels appreciated at their new job. Our new CEO and HR is clueless to what goes on and many of us are hesitant to report management in fear of retaliation in losing our jobs. We all have a family to feed so it makes things a lot more difficult to report the hostile environment that we work in. This is in favor of management. They take advantage of their employees and overwork you. The worst part is, if you get paid salary, you only get compensated for time and not money. This is a disadvantage and a deceitful way of slaving their employees. If you are looking for a challenging career and are looking to grow with a company that appreciate hard work and respect what you bring to the table, then this is not the company to work for. If you are just looking for a job to pay your bills, then this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
Medical Coverage
Cons
Bad Management, Stagnanted Tactics, Its Not What You Know, It's Who You Know.
Favoritism.. Unsupportive upper management
Managed Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 13, 2016
Supervisors get promoted based on who they know personally. Highly unknowledgeable supervisors who rely heavily on overworking the coordinating staff who are not compensated fairly in terms of pay. Micromanagement. Lack of respect. Being overlooked by inexperienced supervisors (who lack knowledge) like being monitored by a watch dog. If you hire someone, trust that they can get the job done. High turnover. Will often ask someone who is "new" to train someone who is "new". Where is the logic in this? All in all, great if you need work experience. No room for advancement unless you know them personally. Listen to your employees more. Give people some respect. Be a leader, not a micromanager. "Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Lack of respect from upper management
Nursing administration is very bad
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton Beach, NYOctober 2, 2016
The nursing administration has know people skills.. Their is a high turn over with this company.. The staff is over worked, they are constantly working short staffed on the weekends.. The Nursing Dept doesn't treat their staff with dignity and respect.. Majority of the nursing staff is unhappy, they treat their nursing assistants like garbage.. So if your thinking about taking om a position it Menorah nursing home, I would second guess that..They are constantly hiring for CNA's, that's because the new hires leave before the orientation is over..
Pros
Unionized facility
Cons
Understaffed and overworked
Productive and busy
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Very busy work environment, you will always have something to do friendly staff, encouraging management staff. Team work strongly encouraged. Stable company
Productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2016
MJHS offers a very productive work environment. There is a lot of room for growth within this company. Job security as well as great benefits, the location is not ideal
Pros
Job Security, Good Benefits
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  All boroughsAugust 28, 2016
If I could put negative stars I would. Worked there for 4 years. Just left in July because I was being harassed by supervisor. Went to manager, director, HR and got nowhere. HR defended management, which I knew would happen. Promotions based on favoritism, departments make up their own rules for different people. Office staff is great but over worked and under appreciative. Monthly meeting are held to tell you what a bad job you are doing and you still have to meet your quota of patients for the week. They advertise continuing education, but its a trap. You sign a contract to work for 2 years after you graduate. They make you miserable and then when you leave, you have a huge bill. Much better companies out there. Don't go here.
Pros
Cons
poor management, favoritism, harassment
Often hostile work environment
RN Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2016
Could be such a wonderful place to work if management slowed down and acknowledged their hard working staff....lots of drama and he said/she said mentality. Management reacts without getting all sides ......lots of favoritism and gossip. Work load is tremendous. Some nice people. HR is aligned with upper management..little confidentiality.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
Appeal & Grievances dept.
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Management says one thing does another.
TREATMENT IS BASED ON FAVORITISM.
Personal life brought into job, gossip and dictatorship is part of life in department
Pros
Hours
Cons
Favoritism, gossip no diversity
High standard of care and they stand by their mission statement of quality and excellence
Coordinator of Care (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 26, 2016
MJHS is an absolutely great place to work. They care for their employees whereby there is job satisfaction. A happy employee makes for satisfied customers in the community we serve. Happy to be part of their team.
Workplace
Customer Service Rep/Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2016
The workplace is friendly. It was busy and productive. I've learned to be patient with customers and their needs. I met a lot of great friends.
rewarding to help terminally ill patients die with dignity and with comfort
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2016
Lovely place to work, busy at times as is in all nursing. Learned to appreciate the precious and limited time we all have here on earth and to really make the most of it.
Pros
Beautifulplace to work, on Manhattan Beach
Cons
21/2 hours commute each way from my home in Kew gardens
productive
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2016
MJHS is a wonderful place to work. I have learned a lot thru out my 16 years working there. The management is fair with their employees.
Do not recommend!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2016
Terrible management: promoted without any leadership experience and proper education. Gossip and favoritism. Staff gets promotions based on personal relashionships with the management and/or family relationships. Staff is treated poorly, management is unprofessional, nasty and rude. Workload is unreasonable: no satisfaction at the end of the day because quantity is overweight quality. Staff is expected to work without lunch and overtime without compensation.
Pros
Decent benefits, option to work remotely
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor work ethics, low morale
Run!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 24, 2016
I'm an ex employee....my opinion is that the overall culture is do more and shut up. If that's your thing than go ahead and apply, but if it's not run and run fast. HR is fully aligned with management. I worked as a Social Worker and left unimpressed and tired. They are so number driven that quality is secondary. Ohhhhh and lastly your expected to cover 24 hr shifts at least three times a month covering two whole boros.... it broke me and I said bye bye and ran.
Pros
Pt's sharing their life and death is cathartic.
Cons
Management and HR's greed and business model.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MJHS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9