MJHS Employee Reviews

ok place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Ok to work but things are constantly changing which make is a little unstable and frustrating if you have a family to support it depends if you don't mind
Great health benefits
Training and Projects Coordintator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Lower pay but great benefits offered for little to nothing. Some good management and many promotions from within. Overall a good company to work for.
general
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2018
good benefit, big company, various products and services, cultural diversity. Learn community services and social services, locate different resources in NY.
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Very busy day depending on discharges from hospital. Time spent on the phone receiving auth from insurance companies can be tedious but not overwhelming.
Very disorganized and chaotic place to work with no advancement.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 23, 2017
Upper management needs to be totally replaced. There is no opportunity for advancement unless you are friendly with upper management. Also, there were frequent lay offs which made for a stressful environment to work in.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No job security or advancement
good staffing
Staff Nurse (night shift) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2017
I have bad luck ran into a terrible unit manager who doesn't know how to respect others. Otherwise, MJHS is a nice place to work. We are fairly paid, have 1199 union. I was very satisfied for 8 years, would stay forever if they had not transfer me to this manager's unit.
Pros
great union benefits
Cons
changing policies too often
Bad experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 26, 2017
This company is very judgmental, unprofessionally biased and gossips. management is unorganized and confusing. The customer service representative position involves far more than they describe and can be quite complex with the many transitioning software systems you have to maneuver through.
Pros
environment
Cons
the location and duties
Not a good place to work at this time
Coordinator of Care (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 9, 2017
Extremely short-staffed. Existing field nurses are over-scheduled. Impossible to do all work during normal working hours. Documentation system redundant, inefficient. Computer operating system very slow for kind of work field nurses do. No breaks. Unrealistic expectations, no consideration, no advocacy for the nurses.
Pros
Reasonable health insurance cost
Cons
10-12 hr. days
a place to think about
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2017
I worked at MJHS for 5 years. initially it was a very good environment for nurses to grow professionally. The company pays for the BSN and MSN in full if you are a full time employee. I took advantage of that for the years I was there. As of late the company has become a tense place to work. Typical work days are stressful and not rewarding (nurses plans of care get changed(OPTIMIZED) by superiors and nurses in general have learned not to complain. Today's culture in the company is that management holds no responsibility and would throw a nurse under the bus to save their face. Supervisors are unsure of what they are supposed to do, it is not unheard of for the management to throw supervisors under the bus. When leaving the company I realized how for many years I had been paid at 35h x week, but we all had put in more then that. Now in a new MLTC I realized how stressful MJHS has been with unnecessary corrections(OPTIMIZATION). although it is rare for the company to fire someone, most nurses leave after building a little experience as almost all the companies I found in the UAS market pay more while having the same health care benefit.
Pros
Paperwork day/days
Cons
nervous management.
Relaxed Enviorment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 27, 2017
Great laid back company, everyone was very friendly. A lot of independent time, everyone respected others space. The location was easy to get to. I enjoyed my short time with company.
Pros
Independent time
Excellent work place
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2017
Excellent work place paid well, great opportunities for the promotion. The managers very supportive, very good team. .................................
Zero work/life balance
RN Coordinator of Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
They require you to do case management and visiting nurse duties. You work 60 hours a week and get paid for 35. You work everyday with no lunch break but they take it from your paycheck. The documentation is tremendous and overwhelming. You can never reach the nurse manager. This is the job of 2 nurses that they roll into one and give you one lousy salary. You do get to make your own hours but it is rare that you will finish all that is required of you within the 8 hour day. Management does seem interested in making the job more enjoyable but they have a long way to go.
Pros
Everyone is really nice
Cons
Long hours, mounds of documentation, no overtime pay
Good place to work if you're in Nursing Field
Member Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2017
A good place to work if you are older in age or married with children. not for young people, no room for advancement and salary is poor unless you're in nursing field. people are very friendly and easy commute if you live in Brooklyn. Benefits are very good.
Pros
one hour lunch and two 15 min breaks
Cons
no room for advancement, poor salaries
Good staff and co-workers
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2017
The environment is less stressful compare to any other place because of friendliness of co-workers and staff. Supervisors are nice and humble never try to boss around new employees. A very healthy environment for work.
Pros
Healthy work environment, Good pay.
Cons
work load can get hectic at times.
Loved working here until it was taken over by new administration
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11235June 23, 2017
Beautiful facility, ocean views. Clean and new. Under staffed, poor administration. Uncaring management. Demanding and unrealistic to work for. I do not recommend this facility at this time. It was great once to work there but no longer.
Productive and Fun place to work
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2017
Working here is fun and management is excellent and friendly. Staff is also friendly. Your in a position to learn and grow with the changes of technology.
productive
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2017
My day at work starts of by me making phone calls and reviewing case before sending them out to be approved. I have to investigate the case and make sure I get all the information from the patients or the company that the nurse work for.
Coordinator of Care
Coordinator of Care (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2017
Typical day at MJS as a Coordinator of care : Call all the patient in the morning or the night before , make visits to the patient , provide teaching or hands on care and document the purpose of the visit.
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2017
Enjoyable, and friendly loving environment. As a provider service rep no room to grow if looking to excel within the company. There are many opportunity in other department
Nice place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
I worked for this company for many years. I helped to coordinate health services for the elderly. I enjoyed the work i completed on a day to day basis.
Pros
lots of benefits and low healthcare payments
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MJHS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9