MKS Instruments

MKS Instruments Employer Reviews

Review
Senior Engineering Manager, Quality (Current Employee), MAJune 24, 2014
Company in semiconductor industry; Interfacing with customers on issues,
I enjoy working with the people at MKS.
Senior Materials Manager (Current Employee), Boulder, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: frequent bonuses for all levels of employment
Cons: limited resources, extra hours a must
Typical day is very hectic. Customer's best interests are first consideration in all major business decisions. Focus on opportunities for improvement. Quality before schedule.
Productivity really matters
Production Team Leader (Former Employee), Methuen, MAMay 5, 2014
Pros: awesome cafeteria
Cons: job security depend on semiconductor market.
Great place to work. Productivity really matters. Good work environment with plenty of engineering support. Technology is always considered and improvements are slways welcome. Maintenance team lacks of knowledge and desire of work but engineering always support and compensate that weakness. Manufacturing and Engineering supervisors are really supporting – more... and conscious of priorities.Great communication at all levels. Job not stable all times. Semicondutor market has too many ups an downs. Productivity, improvement and achievement are words that really describes MKS. – less
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 1, 2014
Enjoyable day due to the variable job function and friendly work force.
Disoriented work culture
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: qualified support engineering
Cons: lack of leadership from executive management
Five separate divisions trying to act as one company.
Hardest part of the position was to get Divisional Management to be customer focused.
Management was lacking in leadership.
Technical support personnel were good.
Technology seemed to fall behind competition.
Great place to do consulting
Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: a bit hard driving on 95 north in the morning.
Great products I was evaluation. Greta management teams. Friendly laboratories. All instrumentation was available.. Enjoyed the people as well.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2013
MKS Instruments is a rewarding, fun, and energetic place to work. They have great management commitment to the success of the individual as well as the company.
MKS Instruments
Senior Service Admin. (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: privide benefits
MKS Instruments is a good company to work for with all of the standard offerings.

Health / Dental / Vision
401K
ESPP
Vacation
Sick Time
Good management, Solving interesting problems
Research Engineer - Plasma Sciences (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAAugust 6, 2013
Management is very engaging, helps to solve problems.
Combination of open ended research with a focus on long term goal of product development and quality assurance.
Market leader in measurement systems (semiconductor mfg)
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Andover, MAFebruary 21, 2013
Strong manufacturing operations, with strong product development processes, in keeping with the demands of the business -- worked closely with customers to continuously improve product delivery on time at the point of use by the customer -- the epitome of working with customers to achieve success for all parties. Could not change the dynamic business – more... cycles, however. Required intense intercommunications skills, both within MKS and among its customers, learning and utilizing that knowledge in navigating divers languages and cultures. – less
Productive and active
DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR III (Former Employee), Methuen, MAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: steadywork when business is good
Cons: layoffs when no business
great place to work. not secure when business is slow.learned 4 departments (shipping,finished goods,receiving.and stockroom )
Co - workers were great and very helpfull. Group leader was very helpfull in teaching all aspects of job.
fun, very pleasant co worker, always looking forward to go to work
Assembler II / Shipping And Recieving / Clean room (Former Employee), Lawrence, MADecember 18, 2012
Pros: fun, long breaks, always work to do, friendly co-workers
Cons: kind of hard to thing of one
I learned alot here since all my co-worker have 20+ years age wise on me. I actually like going into work seeing my co-worker's faces, my two bosses probly the best bosses I had so far. There's pretty much no hardest part of the job we get trained till we're confidence on our own. I find it very enjoyable on break and lunch time, listening to co-workers – more... talking about politics and what's on the news, Something that i never paid attention too but there's always something that always amaze me. – less
conservative company
Buyer/ Planner (Former Employee), Andover, MANovember 6, 2012
Pros: employee stock options, bonus when business is good, employee empowerment
Cons: cyclical business market creates insecurity
Continous approach to diversify market mix to ensure a profitable future. Shares earnings with employees - good times reaps rewards, bad times expect smart planning decisions in advance and everyone comes together.

Challenges every day make for a rewarding work environment. Would recommend this company at the top of my list.
A friendly, team-oriented group at a great location!
ASSISTANT TO CHIEF PATENT OFFICER (Current Employee), Andover, MAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: food cafe onsite, modern offices and breathtakingly beautiful grounds, particularly during the fall.
Cons: occasional heavy traffic on 495.
I love the environment at MKS, everyone has been extremely friendly and welcoming to me. My superiors are very knowledgeable and approachable. The hardest part of the job will be leaving when my assignment is over.
Productive and friendly environment
Assembler II (Current Employee), Lawrence, MASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: very understanding, good pay good benefits
Cons: took a while for me to become permanent. same thing everyday which makes it a little boring
This is a very easy going job once you get the hang of it. I enjoy working here and the people are great. We all work together to help each other complete each task before its time to go home. There is nothing really hard about this job.
I worked at a division office and did not feel like part of the company
Sr. Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 23, 2012
Our dept was underminded by the HQ office. We were let gowith out even meeting our Management.
terrible company
R&D Manager (Former Employee), Methuen, MAApril 5, 2012
Cons: many, nothing was positive
poor communication top to bottom, terrible supply chain, dysfunctional company,
they offer incentives (raises) via stock, but pay off in 3 yrs if you are employed,

their concern for proper business practices is low, get the product out the door, low quality, old technology.

lack of design discipline, resources & documentation. no formal process & – more... audits for ensuring a quality product.

I've seen start up companies that are better.

overall most divisions were un coupled, yet suffer the same problems. – less
productive and fun work place with friendly coworkers
Mechanical assembler (Former Employee), North Andover, MAMarch 22, 2012
mks is a very good company and place to work for. is to bad that economy in the US is not going well, other wise i would still have my job.
Hectic, regrimental, productive but fun workplace
Senior Tech Support Engineer (Current Employee), Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, Techplace 1January 5, 2014
My job scope covers inhouse service activities such as repair, upgrade, calibration, testing & burn-in process of our company specified products.

Everyday to me is a learning curve as our products required constant upgrading program and repair work instruction revison to cater for individual customer application and process requirement.

Our team work – more... is excellent which attributes to our close working & cohesive relationship. However, the hardest part of the job is to strike a balance between production expectation as well as the our corporate quality standard's crtitea.

My most enjoyable part of the job is my self-fulfillment in satisflying different customer's demand and requirement. – less
Good place to learn new things , fun place to work.
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Nogales, MexicoSeptember 12, 2012
Development of new product testing, support existing tests. Always trying to implement new technologies to improve product calibration processes. Fun place to work.