mktg

mktg Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Event Coordinator/Host (Current Employee), NYCJanuary 15, 2014
MKTG is a great fast paced environment, where i learned valuable skills that i plan to carry forward throughout new employment.
Promotional Model
Lead Promotional Model (Current Employee), Bloomington, INNovember 18, 2013
Pros: fantastically high hourly rate
Cons: hours are thursday-saturday (typically), and relatively near the middle of the night, i.e. 11:00 pm-2:00 am
Typically, a day of work can consist of anywhere from 1-3 events in an evening, or 3-9 hour shifts. There is a venue that must be prepped for the event, and then the individual, as well as a possible team of 2-3 other employees, will promote a liquor throughout the venue by passing out the brands garb (t-shirts, mugs, etc), and by giving out samples – more... of a drink. The management is relatively distant from the process, meaning that it is a self disciplined job. You have to do everything without an overseer, making sure you are on schedule, etc. Staying organized and efficient is a must. The hardest part of the job would be the paperwork behind the events, again, needing self discipline. The most enjoyable part are the events themselves, as it just simply conversing with people about a common topic, such as Captain Morgan Black. – less
Laid back environment with fun, creative people
Freelance writing, venue search (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: freelance- flex hours, fun people
Cons: freelance, not stedy work flow
I love freelance projects with MKTG. There are brilliant minds working to launch ideas for the largest brands in the world!
sales and customer service experience
Lead Promotional (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough hours
Professionally represent products being promoted.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Became a Lead Promotional specialist to handle all the reports and kits for each event.
Set an accomplish personal sales goals while supporting the objectives for the team.
Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence.
Social, productive, working alone and with others
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 18, 2013
Pros: meeting and working with new and interesting people, part-time, ability to chose own schedule
Cons: limited work opportunities, nights and weekends
A typical day at work would be picking up my bag of product supplies at the storage unit then heading to the specified venue where a tasting would be held, either alone or with one other person. I would set up my tasting station and offer free samples to customers who entered the store and give them a brief overview of the product being sampled. I learned – more... a lot about people skills and reading personal ques from this job. I also learned how to be less shy with clientele. The management was great. Each time I had a question or concern they would answer immediately and always help to find a solution no matte what. The times I did work with other members of MKTG was for on-premise tastings in bars or clubs. The girls were always great to work with and always on time. This company has a very friendly and reliable staff base. The hardest part of the job was finding the venue where the tasting was being held. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and socializing with different people. – less
Gives you great freedom
On Site Manager/Lead Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2013
Love that this is on your time. You gain a lot of knowledge on the marketing field. Coworkers are always great. You get to meet amazing people and go to really neat events.
Fun Job, Helpful Management
Promotional Model (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIApril 26, 2013
Meet great people, promote exciting products.

I enjoy working with MKTG.
Great management
Marketing Team Supervisor (Former Employee), ChampaignMarch 8, 2013
Managers were all great and supportive! Love the pay as part time gig. Great for college students or part time work.
A fun side job with lots of interesting people to work with.
Promotional Model (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: fun work, cool people, amazing products, easy to sell
Cons: irregular hours, not full time, no benefits
A typical day at this job involves communicating with consumers and overall just providing a friendly atmosphere for customers. I have learn a great deal about patience in dealing with all kinds of people as well as the importance and strong influence of a smile. My coworkers are all genuine, beautiful, friendly people and I have become close friends – more... with a good number of them. The hardest part about this job is the irregularity of the hours and the sporadic bookings but the most enjoyable part is that I get to communicate with so many different people is so many different, fun settings every time I work. It is never boring. – less
Productive, exciting
Customer Fulfillment Specialist, Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: working from home, with a major o&g comp, income, training
Cons: no job security
My typical day was as follows: Point of Contact for specified customers of NW and SW Houston .
Listened to consumers daily; interpreted policies and requirements .
Used a laptop to document, update, and even inquire into accounts .
Resolved order issues, including scheduling of product delivery.
Maintained individual file for each consumer; follow-up – more... activity for every consumer .
Planned, organized, prioritized work independently . I communicated mainly with the sales rep who I assisted each day, in this position. And I communicated with staff of the distribution warehouse. The hardest part was not being to talk to my supervisor sometimes. Even thought the the supervisor wasn't in the same city that I worked, I still needed the contact.
Ordered, received, and distributed materials.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make my own schedule for each day, according the customer's location and need. – less
Innovative, Youthful Workplace
Promotional Specialist & On-Site Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 12, 2012
Great marketing and management team; beautiful, spacious office in Chelsea.
Fun place to work
Digital Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2012
MKTG is a very fun place to work, very relaxed and chill. No strict dress code at all. Had a full bar in the office along with ping pong table and video game consoles. Fun and relaxed place but a lot of work gets done in this office.
Solid but fairly unorganized
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Torrance, CANovember 15, 2011
Good place to work but too dependent on certain clients to keep business afloat
MKTG Marketing and Event Manager
New York, NY (Former Employee), Event ManagerNovember 8, 2011
Pros: work life balance is great, if you have good time management skills.
Cons: systems could be more up to date, they still use a lot of paper.
MKTG is an awesome company to work for. I primarly worked from home which was a nice perk, the compensation is fair, job security is just about the same as it is everywhere which is unstable.
Sales & Marketing - Total Experience: 12.3 Years
Sn.Branch Manager (Current Employee), North India or Uttar PradeshMay 23, 2012
Pros: marketing
Cons: marketing
I had the total experience of 12.3 years in Sales & Marketing. I had handled Automotive & Industrial Batteries,Inverters,Electronics products,gensets & Spares.