MLB Advanced Media Employee Reviews in United States

Great Team
QA Analyst, MLB (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2016
Love the team that I work with. Management is amazing!! Have learned a lot about Team managing since being here. Hardest part of my job is not knowing when the day ends.
Pros
Great Health benfits
Cons
No life outside of work
Fun but no room for growth
Logger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2016
It was fun while the season lasted. You get to watch MLB games. However as other reviewers have said for part time workers, there is no room for growth, you get no breaks no matter how long your work day is. Hours varied each week depending on the schedule, so there was no set schedule. No extra pay for working holidays. After the season, they say thank you, and that's that.

And as a warning, they have very strict policies, particularly with arrival time and social media. So arrive Early Every Day, and don't blabber on social media that you work for them and what your role is.
Pros
Free coffee. Friendly staff. Watch free MLB games
Cons
No breaks, No holiday pay, Zero room for growth
Great, personable people to work around who were friendly and always willing to help.
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
The environment itself was delightful to work in due to the people that were pretty much always willing to help even if it wasn't in their job description. That part of coming into work made it enjoyable to participate in the day to day activities. As for the actual job duties, I found it to be unfulfilling and virtually all menial with no prospects of growth or advancement. The tasks became tedious, predictable, and there were many instances of down time. And even as I was trying to find things to do from my manager I didn't feel like I was being utilized to my fullest potential. I would ask many times if there was anything I could do to help around the building, but was told that there was nothing I could do to contribute to the process or development. So as a result I would just return to the perfunctory duties that did nothing for growth and development. There was little to no variety in what I did each day and challenges were few and far between.
Pros
Helpful and friendly staff, growing company
Cons
Temp position, no benefits, lack of challenges, tedious work
Incredibly cheap company
MLBAM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2015
They would rather save $.50 per hour and have a much worse employee doing the work. They will lie to get people to work on holidays.
Ok
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2015
First few weeks of this job, its okay IMO. Its a big company so you'll most likely meet people in your own dept so if kind of clique-ish. I work overnight so I dont really know to much people outside of the overnight crew. The hardest part is sometimes it can get boring especially during overnight and if you're part time you get no benefits which kind of sucks, but the good thing is part-time gets paid hourly and most times you will have full time hours which equals overtime something full time dont have (silver lining).
Pros
Cool first job, People to talk sports with (if you're a sports fan), Overtime pay, overnight = cool co workers, free login to VOD content dependent on what dept you are in
Cons
Part timers are treated like contractors with no benefits save sick time, sometimes boring, limited contact with other coworkers for overnight crew
Fast paced, highly demanding and rewarding workplace
Live Look-In Operator/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Live Look-In Operator and Production Assistant. Duties included editing incoming video content for immediate use on MLB.com, including highlight reels and melts, as well as enabling the "Live Look-In" window on MLB.com (running parallel with Yahoo Sports internet streamed baseball highlight show "Full Count").
Stay Away
Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkDecember 18, 2014
Started out as a good job but quickly I learned it's a horrible place to work. Long hours, no breaks, no appreciation. I'm sure they break about a dozen labor laws. Grossly underpaid for the job that's done. Has a holiday party that only a small percentage of the workforce is allowed to attend. I'd only apply here is it was a job right out of college. Use to to build your resume and get out quick.
Pros
get to say you work for mlb
Cons
no breaks, extremely long hours, poor pay, no appreciation
Excellent Company
Editorial Producer / Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
It's a great place to get started in sports media. A long baseball season and expansive resources are a pro.
Pros
resources
Cons
limited upward advancement
Watching the game you love as a job
Game Cutter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2013
I love working here. In many aspects, the company covers both extremes of the spectrum. It's a very relaxed atmosphere, even though we all know it is important to the fans out there that we deliver the media without any hiccups. So, it is fast paced when necessary.
Keeps you on your toes
Site Manager/Real-Time Highlight Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
The best part about my job is stepping into something new everyday, troubleshooting and feeling like you're not at work when you are.
Not worth the time/effort
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  75 Ninth Ave (Chelsea Market)March 7, 2013
MLB itself is a great company, but the Media jobs leave a lot to be desired. Rough hours, poor pay, not really valued or respected. Not great job security once the season is over, likely to get laid off.

Co-workers who are in your same role are nice, but the superiors act superior, and don't show any effort to interact with or respect you.
Pros
free coffee, you can say i work at mlb, cool office location
Cons
poor breaks, poor benefits (if any), no security
Amazing Company
Club Marketing & Mobile Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
Amazing company and great environment to work at. Everyday I learned something new.
Don't bother
Editorial Producer (Former Employee) –  75 Ninth AvenueNovember 24, 2012
Overworked, underpaid, not respected, a lot of egos, very little chance of advancement, almost zero perks.
Pros
you can say you work for major league baseball
Cons
not valued as a worker
Very happy working here, you learn a lot of skills
Media Streaming/ Encoding Assistant (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, NYAugust 22, 2012
I learned a great deal while working at MLB. They have so many departments and it has helped me get interviews and job offers from what i have learned here.
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
not a lot of full-time emplyees
Productive and fun work place
Senior Coordinator, Ticketing and E-commerce (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2012
If you want to work in sports and in the digital world there is no better place to work.
Pros
working in sports
Cons
extensive hours