MLB Network Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
MLBN Library Stock Footage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 24, 2016
Was fun working in MLB library and all stuff MLB

Got to interact with on-air talent

compensation is hourly, no benefits

Hours are tough, most jobs at night
Great place to work for great people.
Broadcast Event Logger (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 16, 2015
Fun place to work. Great people, you get to watch baseball all day, and make a difference at a company that has a reputation for excellent content.
Pros
Paid break, unlimited baseball.
Cons
Nothing.
in a nutshell...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 28, 2015
I am no longer stimulated and challenged in my current position. I believe it is time to move on. Time to take on new challenges in an exciting new work environment. I thrive ff of being challenged, and succeeding at those new tasks. I am ready for change!
Favortism Central & Entitlement
Freelance Studio Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Not an easy place to get work. Scheduling has their "main" people as they informed me when I asked about why so few days on my schedule. Some of the crew is good to work with while others view you as a problem taking "their" shifts from them as if they are entitled to it all. It's a very competitive environment for sure. I don't recommend working here unless you can leap frog and get your way on the A list of freelancers since staff jobs don't exist here.
Pros
good rate
Cons
not enough work to go around as the freelance list has swelled
good and bad
Senior Staff Editor/Producer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 14, 2014
Working for MLB Network was good and bad. The compensation was great, pay and benefits. The schedule was difficult at times if you are a family person. Management was difficult if you did not fit into their cliques. There is little or no chance for advancement and my co-workers were as many places some were very nice and helpful and some are not so easy to get along with. Overall my experience there was pretty good.
Pros
compensation
Cons
lack of career growth opportunities
Productive and fun day
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, New JerseyJuly 7, 2013
A typical day at work involved speaking with employees about any issues or questions they have about their personal benefits with the company. I learned the typical work day at MLB Network. I learned about how the Human Resources department is operated and the purpose of the department. My co-workers were beyond friendly. I was always assisted when needed with pleasure. I did not find a "hard part" at the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with employees and learning about what their responsibilities are and how they ended up at MLB Network.
Pros
game room
Productive and fun workplace
Live Game Logger (Current Employee) –  Seacaucus NJSeptember 28, 2012
Learned Diamond Demo Program to log analysis on Live baseball games. Got to talk with live on air host such as Harold Reynolds and Billy Ripken. I enjoyed the baseball atmosphere as well as good management.
Pros
free lunch, state of the art office, and easy commute 20 minutes.
Cons
not being able to socialize as much due to live games that must be logged in certain time frame.
Productive workplace with lots to do each day
Freelance Researcher (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 19, 2014
Arrive between 7-8 AM and write game notes for upcoming games (usually assigned 2-4 games a day). Packets containing notes for each game is usually released around 11 AM.
Afternoons vary. If researching for a specific show, I will usually create boards for graphics department to air on the program. If not assigned a show, a little less busy. I will usually assist with creating story lines for each game and researching any more statistical information that the on-air talent or graphics department additionally request.
The hardest part of the day is researching and writing game notes for each game. The most enjoyable part of the day is completing the research packet because a lot of work is accomplished in a short amount of time.
The work environment is inviting and friendly but also very productive. We accomplish a lot of quality work on a daily basis.
Pros
friendly employees, large studios, team-oriented environment
Cons
commute (for me it's long)
MLB Network
FREELANCE HIGHLIGHT SUPERVISOR/SEGMENT PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 2, 2014
lots of late nights watching baseball. Must be a huge fan to work here. having a strong baseball knowledge base is a plus. team is great to work with.
Fast Paced, Challenging, with Great People
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, New JerseyJanuary 23, 2013
A great bunch of people. Very knowledgeable and fast editors.
Pros
baseball
Cons
secaucus, new jersey