MLB.com Employee Reviews

A job, not a career
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Monotonous daily workload with a management staff unaware of our responsibilities. Due to this, they were not able to relay the correct information to higher management leaving us with no room for advancement. Upper management made themselves unreachable. Considered temporary employees during full tenure despite having a 40+ hour/week schedule. No training provided, had to learn all processes/tasks on my own which was not a problem for myself, but it was for others. Pay raises were promised and never delivered. In my 15 years of employment, this has been my worst experience.
great place to work with fantastic co-workers
Studio Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2013
Work with great people who really take the time to help you learn any aspect you may not be familiar with. Fantastic set of managers and supervisors who really try to work with you on any issues you may have. Typical day includes setting up encoders for video/audio records later in the day, Doing any pre-production that is needed for the days shoots. Routing press conferences and/or live events to our website home page or team specific page.
Pros
great enviroment to contiune learning about productions
great time to be outside and enjoy America's pastime
Real-Time Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 27, 2013
There is no typical day at work as a real-time correspondent for MLB.com and I learned so much more about the depth of social media platforms. The most enjoyable part of my job was to hear fans stories and make moments memorable for them by creating stories that were posted on MLB.com/cutfour and could be shared with thousands of other baseball enthusiasts.
Outstanding management and productive environment
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2014
Hired as one of the youngest employees while attaining my college degree, surrounded by a professional and experienced staff willing to lead by example. An extremely enjoyable and challenging job with a set of clear focused objectives.
Pros
great work culture, thrilling fast paced work environment
Fun workplace with good employees
Associate Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Really easy if you are comfortable working with Adobe Premiere. Can become boring unless you learn all facets of the job. But environment is fantastic. Perfect freelance or second job.
Pros
Fun and positive work environment, flexible hours
Cons
no room for growth
Great managers
Customer Response Associate (Former Employee) –  new york, nySeptember 17, 2013
I worked at MLB as a temp employee in the internet subscription department. My job consisted of providing customer service via phone and internet. The work environment was great. I can't think of anything negative to say about my work experience.
Major League Baseball is Major player in Advanced Media
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
Great company to work for. Expect very very long hours during the release cycle but lot of great learning experience and lots of bright people to work with
Pros
Free Medical benefits and great name of the company
Great place to work for a baseball fan
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy my job at MLB.com. It's great to be able to work with other baseball fans such as yourself while at the same time getting paid to be productive watching the sport you love.
Energetic workplace
Original Content Department Production Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
Everyday brings something new and different, and allows you to work on many different projects with great co-workers.
Great part time job with a Flexible Schedule.
Gameday Monitor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2013
Would love to work at MLB.com possibly full time in the future. Great people and company.
Good smart people
Editorial Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Probably the smartest group of people I've ever been around and that's saying a lot.