MMC Corporate Employee Reviews

Great work ethic required and upheld. Indivdual teams that always came together as one large team.
Accounting Fiduciary Receivable Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2015
Cons: losing job due to Premium Accounting being out sourced to India, after we assured this would not happen
Rewarding everyday.
Good Management equals good work environment
Best group of people I have had the privledge to work with
Hardest part of this job- losing the job due to being outsourced to India
The best department
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great Department and leaders
Cons: Our department had to relocate
Focused, relaxed and team play. Learned that great results starts from great leadership. In between are you and coworkers to make the job results complete and effective.
Marsh is a great company to work for
Employee Benefits Underwriter intern (Current Employee), Richmond virginiaJuly 17, 2015
I work as an underwriter intern for Marsh & Mclennan Agency LLC. A typical day at work entails underwriter raw data management, excel spreadsheet editing, working on multiple projects attending client meetings and sales calls.
Great Benefits and great co-workers
Benefit Counselor (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 15, 2015
This company provides great benefits for employees providing diversity in the workplace and the ability to contribute to the company
The Best experience in my life
Marine Insurance Broker (Former Employee), London, OHJuly 6, 2015
gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
• building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients' businesses or lives.
• foreseeing clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals.
• researching insurance companies' policies and negotiating with underwriters to – more... find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
• arranging specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases.
• advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks.
• ensuring clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
• renewing or amending existing policies.
• advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies.
• marketing and acquiring new clients.
• developing relationships with underwriters, surveyors, photographers, structural engineers and other professionals.
• administrative tasks such as paperwork, correspondence and keeping detailed records.
• winning accounts against competitors.
• keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries.
• Collecting insurance premiums and processing accounts.
• Checking slips and helping colleagues inside the company.

Being a Lloyd's broker helped me to understand how Insurance business runs. – less
Daily process & Team work at Marsh USA, Inc.
Auto Id Specialist II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Dress code, Company communities, benefits & Over time
Cons: Pay raises
Process Auto ID request and Renewals as requested.
I loved working with our management team. They were very supported and available for any questions or concerns. I have had the privilege of working with some great co-workers. We worked great as team. The hardest part of job was renewals. We could get as many as 30 a day and had to process them in a timely manner to make sure they received their renewal Auto ID cards before they expire. The best part of my job was when I would receive great feed back from my clients.
Great parking, great co-workers
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Southport, CTJune 29, 2015
Pros: Legal work was enjoyable
Cons: Leaving the job
The name of the company was Marsh, Day & Calhoun. Somehow it is misspelled here. The company disbanded years ago.
I typed legal documents from dictation and did all that is expected of a legal assistant.
I learned I did not mind having a cranky boss because it was not directed at me.
My co-workers were friendly, hard-working and loyal.
The hardest part was having to leave due to my move to another area.
The most enjoyable part was having my co-workers invited and attending my wedding.
Great benefits
Client Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, generous time off, lots of benefits
Cons: No advancement opportunities, industry is boring, outdated bonus structure
Employees are great. Office location not great unless you live up north. Business casual dress with jeans on Fridays. Job feels very secure.
Client Service at Marsh
Client Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the clients! It is a great company to work for with many opportunities.
Productive and fun with enlightening discussions
Dispatcher/Local Tech Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cafe, free coffee, vending machines, business events, constant company updates.
Cons: None
A typical day at work is mostly fast paced dealing with numerous phone calls from colleagues and executives. I learned how to make efficient edits in excel and our ticketing system. Communication is imperative when it comes to our clients. We have a system for our VIP's to help them immediately and our process has to be discussed with management. There is always a challenge but I don't look at it being hard because I like to get through the day with a positive mind. I love my team because we help each other when there is an escalation of work flow. Everyone is very polite, informative, business wise and personally.
Overall it is a good company to work for where they do try to develop their employees
Talent Management Solutions Manager (Current Employee), RemoteJune 25, 2015
The best thing about the company is the people there. I have made life-long friends there. They have worked with me and accommodated a remote office due to the nature of my job.
Excellent Learning Experience
Oracle WebCenter Consultant (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 19, 2015
Perfect environment for working with various different vendors. Empowers employees with various employee benefits and improves the learning curve for each.
good
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Melville, NYJune 17, 2015
good experience. opportunity to learn and grow. Employees are hard working and dedicated. Opportunity was always challenging and busy fast paced environment. Always new projects coming in.
Good place to work - high professional standards
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2015
Learned quite a bit about self funding and working on large accounts. Enjoyed working with the team members. The professional standards requirements were high and taught me how to organize files ready for audits.
This is actually Marsh Accounting. Started the business to take in small accounting/bookkeeping contracts while completing degree.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Tomball, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Too much time between contracts
Need to increase skills/training/certification. Sole owner responsible for accounting and procuring contracts. Owner seeking public accounting certification and will startup when complete.
Mixed feelings
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Salary below market average
Potentially could be a great company to work for. But there's a lot of politics going on. Management should focus more on rewarding people (those in the middle of the pyramid - that is those who actually perform the job).
Convenient office location
Advisor (Current Employee), TennesseeMay 23, 2015
Extremely busy work day. The office is short-staffed There is a lack of teamwork within the department. It is a overly stressful work environment with what seems to be no support. However, the location of the office is adequate and convenient.
Productive and fun place to work.
Assisted Produce Manager (Current Employee), IndianapolisMay 20, 2015
Pros: They work around your schedule.
Cons: They will send you home early if you are over on your hours.
A typical day at Marsh is sometimes busy and I have learned that there is always something to do even if work is slow. The management at Marsh is great and so are the coworkers. The hardest part of Marsh is keeping the department organized and the most enjoyable part is making the customers happy.
Strong, sound company
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee), Urbandle, IowaMay 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Salary not competative
This was a wonderful company to work for, I learned a lot from them and their benefits are some of the best that I've seen anywhere.
not bad place to work
Human Resource Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 8, 2015
Can be a great place to work, depends on your supervisor. It is political and jobs are given to favorites as opposed to those who have earned.
Headquarters