gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
• building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients' businesses or lives.
• foreseeing clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals.
• researching insurance companies' policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
• arranging specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases.
• advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks.
• ensuring clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
• renewing or amending existing policies.
• advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies.
• marketing and acquiring new clients.
• developing relationships with underwriters, surveyors, photographers, structural engineers and other professionals.
• administrative tasks such as paperwork, correspondence and keeping detailed records.
• winning accounts against competitors.
• keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries.
• Collecting insurance premiums and processing accounts.
• Checking slips and helping colleagues inside the company.
Being a Lloyd's broker helped me to understand how Insurance business runs.