MMC Group

MMC Group Employer Reviews

Worst job ever. Lied to about details of job then threatened when we complained. Rock bottom pay. Company took extra wages when we quit.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Carrollton, TexasMay 10, 2014
I was hired through MMC Group in Irving, Texas to work for Securus Technologies in Carrollton, TX. There were so many issues working for this company. Too many to mention I think.

First off, I had another job offer through another temp agency when I was offered the position. The recruiter told me the pay was every week and the first pay-date was May – more... 9th. I was told the pay was $10.00 an hour and it was the starting pay for everyone. So even though I have over 15 years of customer service experience I was unemployed so I accepted, The recruiter made it seem that the company was flexible and that if we missed a day there were a variety of ways Securus would offer us to make up the occurrence.

I was called out to orientation. In orientation there were several other people there. MMC was hiring in groups. They called us in and interviewed us and then we had to listen to a few calls. Then we were all handed about a dozen documents and told we had 5 minutes to read and sign. It wasn't long enough. Several of us complained and said we needed more time and she didn't care.

We were informed to come out to Securus technologies as "stand bys" just in case someone from that class who was suppose to start that day didn't show. We were told if we didn't show we would never be put on the contract. I drove the 30 miles each way trip to get sent home with all the others with a $5.00 gift card from MMC as everyone from that class showed.

MMC informed us that we couldn't miss a day for any reason and that there were no excused absences. We were told even if we "had a heart attack, or was in a car accident" we could not get an excuse. Securus went further and stated even if we were "admitted in the hospital or had a sick child" we would not get excused. Unbelievable. The job only paid $10.00 an hour and we weren't suppose to miss even if we had a "heart attack" or a "sick child"?!?

When we finally started training at Securus three weeks later we were in for a rude awakening.we found out we didn't get paid weekly but biweekly. We were also told that the firstly date was not May 9th but May 16th. This was a substantial difference because many people were driving long distances and going that long without pay, especially since we waited three weeks for the job to start, was crucial on so many people we lost people immediately who quit the class.

We also found out that the details of the job regarding the removal of occurrences was different. So much information was different when we started some of my classmates requested Securus HR. Not only was information different, we found out that there were people at Securus still temping long after the deadline we were told we were suppose to be made permanent. When Securus HR came, They were informed about all the differences in what we were told and what was their actual policy and she basically laughed and said "sounds like the recruiter embellished details of the job" and then she commented to the horror of everyone in the class "that's what recruiters are suppose to do".

WHAT!?!!

To make matters worse those of us who voiced our concerns had a visit from MMC's HR rep the next day who called us out of class and threatened our jobs, we were told Securus was "offended" that we had voiced these concerns.

To make matters worse the trainers email kept coming up on the projector in class and Every-time it came up she was complaining to MMC about various individuals in the class for rather trivial reasons, such as "this person was a minute late , that person goes to the restroom too much, etc."

It was an atmosphere of fear that was being cultivated so I quit.

I found out after I quit that my salary was being dropped down to minimum wage. Apparently MMC had put a clause in the paperwork that allowed them to drop people's salary down to minimum wage if we either quit (regardless of the reason) or were fired. I never saw this nor did many others in the class because were not given sufficient time to read the paperwork and were rushed. Maybe that was by design. After I resigned I sent HR an email requesting info about my last paycheck and they ignored me. I had to submit the email again to MMC management who forwarded it to MMC HR who advised me pretty much that they didn't care, in so many words, about the misinformation and that they would take basically $130.00(from my calculation) from my already meager salary and that in Texas this was perfectly legal to do. So it didn't matter that the recruiters lied to us. So for a 40 hour week, after taxes and my gas costs, I'm left with barely $160.00 dollars.

After I did a little digging I also found that MMC group had a lawsuit filed for nonpayment of wages in a federal court in Texas. I think I read they're trying to make it class action.

I can only suggest you avoid this company. It's not worth the headache. – less
MMC Group
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2013
I answered incoming calls from customers. I answered questions about their debit cards.
Deployment tech
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Malvern, PANovember 21, 2013
Cons: contract position
Install Windows 7 on new and used PC's and laptops. Also completed post installation configurations and upgraded older systems
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), san antonioAugust 10, 2013
helping customer learn about all benefits and answering any questions regarding there bal and benefits.
Very professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: everyone was professional
Cons: na
Very productive, fast pace environment. Co- workers would keep to there self. Hardest part of the job was really nothing. Caught on to the systems well. What i most enjoyed in the jobs that i have had in the past was helping customer's with their account
Great Temporary Agency
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: pay rate
Management is very in tuned with client needs. Very supportive
Horrible MMC Rep, low pay, bad location and hours
Data Completion Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2013
Cons: pay; hours; unsafe location; lied about start dates and hours.
I submitted a resume online in response to an ad on Tuesday afternoon. I was called & asked if I could come in asap to test and interview because they already had 6 of the 10 people they were hiring. I was there in an hour, tested with high scores and then the HR rep said she would call me later that afternoon and let me know what time the "group" interview – more... would be the next day. I asked her if this was the kind of "group" interview where there's a bunch of candidates being put through exercises to compete for the same position. She said "Oh no, they just give the whole group a more in-depth description of the job and then interview you, no big deal." The whole time I was there, there were constantly people applying and testing - alot dressed for clubbing and partying instead of applying for a job. The lobby itself: dirty and bare walls. But I needed a job and the position was going to start the following Tuesday.

First she called me at 7pm that night saying "I found your resume on a job board and would like to know if you want to come in and apply". What????? I told her who I was and that I had already been in that day. She apologized and said she would call back with the interview time. (Big red flag - obviously they were having trouble getting applicants.) Then she calls at 8:30pm and says the interview will be on Thursday, not Wednesday, ok. Interview time was 12:30, she took us in a room by 1:00. Then she tells us all that a panel will be coming in and be prepared to be there until 4:30-5:00 and make any necessary calls if you need to!!!! What? I had a final interview at another company scheduled at 3pm. I advised them I had to leave by 2:30, they said ok, interviewed me and I was offered the job. I was told the start date may be pushed up a little, ok. Over the next few days the HR rep would call and leave annoying messages to call her back, never saying what it was in regards to - it was always just little needed info she wanted. After a week, she called and said the position would start in a 1-1/2 weeks! On the Saturday before the Monday the job was to start I got another annonymous message from her to call. I called when I got home that evening and she said the position was starting Tuesday instead of Monday. For a job that they wanted me in ASAP because it started the next week, it didn't start until 3-1/2 weeks later! This was getting worse and worse.

This is the most rude, unprofessional staffing agency I have ever dealt with, and they are onsite at this client! For $10 an hour the company expects you to work weekends; your start time can be anywhere from 4:30 - 6am in the morning; after the training period you're paid by item, not hourly; you may be asked to come in earlier and/or on your days off; you will be let go for the day when the work is done - so you never know exact times; there is no security in their huge parking lot which is next to a railroad port and is not a safe area.

On my first day of training we came in a 7am and were kept until certain online courses were done (which they didn't start us doing until 3pm that afternoon). Then the next day the trainer was like "Oh we're way ahead of schedule because you all stayed to get those courses done last night! Awesome!" We only stayed because she made us, and now you have the nerve to say we're way ahead of schedule! People had to call babysitters and spouses the night before, really??? Also, I had let the panel know when I interviewed that I would be needing a certain day off in the future. They noted it and said it would be fine. Since the training didn't start until 3 weeks later than originally planned, it fell during the 2nd week of my training. I let the trainer know on the first day just to make sure she was aware. She had the nerve to say "Did they tell you that you will need documentation to support taking that day off? I'll need to note it on your record." Really, Really????

It is sad to see how companies, that once valued quality workers and respected them, have turned to this. I wish the state would not give contracts to these cheap, disrepectful contracting agencies. I will do my best never to have to use the services they are processing and servicing and will definately not look to MMC for employment. Be careful!!!! – less
Productive, Professional
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 2, 2013
A typical work day is back to back inbound phone call from customers that have an account with us for their loved ones to call them from prison.
Contract Work
Investigation Professional (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2012
Flexibility. Local and out of state assignments. Provided research and administrative support for the investigations process.
Just a run around.
Data Completion Clerk (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: low pay
Completely false advertising. So be warned. I worked at the department that is hiring and at 1st they start you off at $9hrs for 3mths and after 3mths you are working at $7.25hr with commission that diminishes from 15%-0 based on error rating and payment processing effectiveness. The staff is real friendly and it's a good work environment but management – more... needs to get their act together and realize which is more important cheap labor or quality work. Because the turnover rate is high where I work at. Started with 9 from my training class and now down to 2 and it's like that with every training class. Who wants to work for low income when we all got bills to pay and other obligations – less
Productive place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Canton, MSJanuary 7, 2012
Cons: benefits
Productive. Not enough people hired. I liked the hours and helping the customers
Needs more organization
Tier II Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tier II DepartmentMarch 7, 2012
Pros: lots of overtime.
Cons: mandatory overtime and horrible schedule
Always receive different information from all supervisors of the same thing. The supervisors are never on the same page. Very delayed when something needs to be done. Most of the time, they just forget. Mandatory Overtime can be good when i have the opportunity to make more money, but impossible if I want to be able to go to school.