MMC Employee Reviews

The worst customers that you can imagine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2015
I cannot believe what goes on at this call center-the customers here get some types of state benefits and all of them a low class and extremely un-educated!!!!!! All they care about is where their money went- and why they don't have any money on their card. Here's a clue - you spent it all on McDonalds, Netflix, Redbox, Nail Salons, Liquor Stores, and the list goes on- Then they call us and tell the reps they didn't make any of those transactions and we have to do disputes on these transactions. They are all lairs, mentally ill people and the hardest part of my job is trying to be nice to them. Management is another part of the problem - all they care about is numbers-they all run around with walkie talkies, running to our cubciles to see why we are on a long call, or what's the problem. They serve no purpose-we get in trouble if we have a long call, we get in trouble in were are on aux, we get in trouble for being too nice or meaning trying to show some compassion to these so called deserving low lives that are receiving some type of State Benefits!!!
Now maybe everyone can understand why their turn-over rate here is over 95% and will continue to grow even higher. Stay away from here!!!
Cons
Great job in the office, with one on one patient care, monday through friday.
LPN at Meadville Medical Center (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PASeptember 24, 2013
I love my job, i find that being a nurse, was always my calling. Even as a small child my parents mentioned i wanted a medical supply kit, while other little girls were asking for barbies and candy.

I am a twin, and have very stron family values. I have in the past been over to over come some very big health battles personally, and can personally relate, to the fearful anxious patient and comfort them appropriatlet.

I really enjoy my coworkers, i have grown very close to them. They have all become like family.

The hardest part of my job, is having to deliver news to patients, that is not always good. But the important thing i can do, is patiently listen, and offer them any form of outisde help, such as counceling, whatever they may need, and just be a good listener, and try to answer any questions they may have as been and as gentley as possible.
Pros
weekends off, paid vacation and paid holidays off. Great health care benefits.
Cons
difficulty with advancing, and non competative pay.
High turnover rate, poor pay
Certificate Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2013
The turnover in this place is extremely high. Limited opportunities for advancement and adequate pay. Management is out of touch. The only saving graces were the fun people and good health benefits.
Pros
Benefits, fun people
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement, poor management
Productive and fun workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2013
Great team spirit and dedicated workers.
I got a greater sense of team support.
Management was supportive and good leadership example.
My co-workers were one the greatest team I have worked with.
The hardest part of the Job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the day - to day.
Pros
Versitily
benefits
In dire need of Organizational Change Management
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2014
This company has a lot of potential. Presently, it is being held back as an organization by organizational structures that were developed when it was smaller. Departmental silos, ownership of processes, inability to adapt to changing environment are typical of the organization.
However, there are a lot of good people in the organization and it could be a great place to retire.

Raises are determined organizationally and as a part of the budget, if the organization needs it all management takes a reduction in cost of living raises. This means that over the years unless you advance in the organization you will end up earning less than when you started when adjusting for inflation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the processes of different departments and meeting other people with different backgrounds.

Shortly after joining the company you learn about 'Monte time' - in which the progress of just about anything in the normal world should be doubled or even tripled. This can be quite an adjustment depending on your earlier employment - specifically coming from the consulting world.

Staying at this employer over long periods of time rewards you with not getting training except the bare minimum required for your job. The net result is that the longer you stay the less your job skills are relevant in the outside world.
Pros
Consistent employment
Cons
Difficult working environment, Lack of training, No work from home policy
Job security
CSR/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 8, 2012
I basically had to resign my job due to strict no miss policy. My child was sick with the flu & non pre-approved absence s were counted against you.
Pros
pay, roll over benefits, bonuses, mon-fri job, off by 6pm
Cons
policy
Great company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2014
Very well run company with great perks and benefits. My co-workers are great and I love working with them all.
Working at MMC
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 24, 2012
Working in the medical field all my life I love taking care of my patient I treat all my patient as if they are my family.Giving patient your best is my goal when go home after 12 hours I know I give my the best I can give and I give extra.My management enjoy me as a value worker.I help my co workers in anyway I can assit them.It not nothing hard about my job .The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my patient face and family on how I give their family good patient care.
Pros
giving good patient care with a smile.
Cons
i know i can't make everybody happy but i do try to put a smile on their face.
Productive and tiring.
Persian Head Chef (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 14, 2015
Starts the day with line checking, staff briefing, checking supplies, and preparing the food. I learned to adapt new things while in the company like: checking the competitors, the new process in requesting supplies by using new programs used by the company, and new ways of improving my culinary skills by producing new modern dishes for the company.

Though it is hard in making new dishes, the working hours is also tiring. The hardest part of the job is when supplies for the store are not coming especially during the busy days. Also, when some equipment are broken that hinders the operation of the kitchen.

But even if it is hard, there are times that I enjoy the company of my staff and also the service staff especially when we meet the budget for the month.
Pros
Free drinks and meal.
Cons
Long working hours
Productive and fun working enviironment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2015
I love the pay and my work schedule because I was able to bid on new schedules when it was time. It was a very stable job for me.
Ok place to work
Pipe-fitter/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VirginiaApril 15, 2013
This is overall a pretty decent job. As any job their are some pros and cons. Typically work for me consists of non stop activities and coordination of work from start to finish. Management team is great. The hardest part of my job is not being compensated for the work that I perform. The most enjoyable part of my job is the finished product and the ability to say this was done due to my hard work and dedication and the help of my employees.
Pros
great atmoshphere
Cons
below average pay
Good Place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2012
They train you in every aspect of the position. There is great potential to make really good money with overtime. You come in and answer calls all day. You get to talk to a wide variety of people all over the US. The people that I worked with were all very nice and would help if you had questions. The hardest part of my job was not being able to please the unpleaseable.. Some people you just can't make happy.
Pros
good money
Cons
you were not aloud to have anything at your desk so making it thru a slow day was hard
Fun environment to work in
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 28, 2013
Typical work day is 8 hrs. Management is not around much. Co-workers are all in all fun to work with, have some trouble makers but have that everywhere. The hardest part could be getting information off your pts while they are ill and the most enjoyable i would have to say is pt contact
Pros
Affordable Healthcare
Cons
Alot of missed lunches
A complex but good place to work.
Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 2, 2014
During my 26 years of practice I have learned how to work with many different types of people. MMC provided a pleasant work environment with friendly and competent co-workers of whom are still friends. I enjoyed helping patients with their problems and health concerns. Many of the patients I took care of I had known since they were infants. A very rewarding work experience.
Pros
Drug company provided free lunch.
Cons
Short or very few breaks
Quality HR Outsourcing
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAOctober 5, 2013
I spent most of my time providing customer service to doctors, nurses, and admins via the telephone and email. I answered benefit questions, payroll related issues, and data based matters.

My co-workers were diligent and worked to make a difference.

The hardest part of the job was insuring we met the needs of all the clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was researching and resolving matters.
Pros
Quality service, some high level talent
Cons
Lack of organization
Provided inbound and outbound telephone inquiries for state & government customer accounts available services
Bi-lingual Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2013
I enjoyed learning state & government policy and procedures communicating with offices of Child Support, DHS Food Stamp program, SSI Direct Express, and Unemployment for over 30 U.S. states services.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
enjoyable job
H.I.M. processor (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 4, 2012
I do enjoy what i do , enjoy the customer service , thats what its all about, like all the co-worker we get along great, if some thing comes up we do talk about it. thats a good thing,the most enjoable part of this job is just being here I do love working,here at mmc or any where tha hardest this is not a hard job at all.
Pros
all is good
Cons
all is good
good place to work
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  jenkins kyOctober 14, 2013
gret place to work excellent management and coworkers

understands family needs and help with what they can
place with great pay
telephon (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2013
Just working and learning new things and meeting alot of new people the hardest part of the job is when you don't know what you are doing but once you get the hang of it its a whole diffrent ball game the most enjoyable part of the job is doing the job right.
Pros
we get breaks and we do a good work
Cons
short breaks
Ping Pong Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Basic call center job, dont recall them doing anything for there employees, like reconizing hard work pot lucks non of that...
Pros
Over Time
Cons
ABC Pay Rate