MModal Employee Reviews

Over worked and under compensated
Pathology transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TN 37067November 12, 2017
Great place to get experience on different pathology platforms but when we run out of work - as often happens, we have to use our own PTO or clock out and not get paid at all, or make up the hours in our off time. Too much work for too little pay. NO paid holidays, NO paid vacation. What few hours we are able to accrue may have to be used when the company hires too many workers for too few jobs and we run out of work, unless we want to clock out and earn little to nothing for that day.
Pros
What can I say? It's a job...
Cons
Very inadequate compensation and even worse on the perks... NO paid vacation or holidays.
Unrealistic expectations
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 9, 2017
Very unrealistic expectations, accuracy 99.6% or fired. Too critical of irrelevant language corrections that would not change meaning of report. Not consistent in work types.
Horrible. Act like they love you to your face and stab you in the back later
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 2, 2017
By far, the worst I have seen yet! Horrible company full of nothing but lies. I have seen some bad companies in my life but this is one you do not want to attempt!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Lots
Senior Associate of operations, Auditor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 25, 2017
very flexible place to work. you need to manage your own time wisely. No one is watching over you like a hawk. I enjoy working here and intend to stay working here.
Corporate restructuring created more stressful environment.
Master Medical Editor/Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 18, 2017
I worked for this company before it merged, in an enjoyable and balanced work environment. After the company name change, I
was moved from strictly quality assurance (QA) at an hourly rate to doing QA, full transcription, and editing voice recognition documents on a per line rate. This change created a lot of stress and financial hardship for myself and other employees I knew.
Pros
It's nice to learn something new every day.
Cons
Stress from increased demands on quantity versus quality.
Intriguing, but difficult
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 2, 2017
I worked for acute care primarily in California and most of the physicians were ESL, English was their second language. Because they requires over 99% accuracy rate, it was stressful because they were difficult to understand. They had excellent managers and support, but required a fast turn around time and difficult to be perfect all of the time under those circumstances.
Pros
Equipment provided
Cons
ESL dictators
Experience from good to worse
Medical Editor Proofer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 29, 2017
When I started with MModal they were called Spheris. The management was awesome. After SEVERAL CEO's who all left for entrepreneurial endeavors I have no idea who was running the ship. My pay was cut to a third of what I was making as a trainee and everything went global. I loved my job and that I learned something new every day. I hated how hard it came just to pay my phone bill for the month.
Pros
Learn something new every day
Cons
Low pay for what you have to learn, constant threat of losing job, low moral
management good. Bad pay.
IC transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working my own hours. I enjoy medical transcription. Love the finding of the diagnosis, treatment, and recommendations.

Typical day at work consists of sitting down, logging in, getting a job, making sure the adt information fits what is being dictated, and transcribing the report.

I have learned new meds, labs, and procedures.

Management was very good. Always kept me in the loop as far as training and what the provider wants.

Hardest part of the job is finding doctors names or places that they dictate. And, of course, understanding the ESL providers.

Most enjoyable is making my own hours and getting the report out correctly.
Pros
working my own hours
Cons
pay was not good.
Good company to work with
Healthcare documentation specialist. (Former Employee) –  Home-based.September 26, 2017
Good company to work with. Home-based work option is the best part of working with this company. All benefits are provided by the company and the best part is that all systems are secure and full confidentiality is maintained.
Pros
Home-based offer and good IT support.
Cons
Workplace culture is too rigid.
Uncaring about employees
Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Poor management and any good dictators were outsourced to other places. You were bounced around from account to account so could never fully get quality time working on harder dictators to reach goals of company. A lot of micromanaging.
Cons
QA conflicts, poor management, poor communication
Stressful
Medical Transcription Editor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Working for this company is very stressful. When you're signed in, you have to be continuously producing without a second to yourself. Otherwise, your production slips and you may not meet the required lines per hour and you will be paid less. Also, if your quality slips below 99.8%, you are put on probation, and if you don't meet the quality percentage, you will be fired. Not to mention the fact that at least half of the recordings are of such poor quality that they can cause you to develop ringing in the ears, or tinnitus, which is irreversible! It can be very painful to listen to the recordings. As far as management goes, you will hear from them immediately if you've made a mistake and once-in-a-while if you have 100% on your audits. The negative feedback emails are always singular, and the positive ones are always form emails to all employees. So, you don't get individual acknowledgment from your manager. I would say beware if you're thinking of working for this company. I disregarded other reviews that said essentially the same thing, and now I regret it.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Terrible hours, lack of positive feedback, high degree of stress, poor pay
Productive and rewarding.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Home based officeSeptember 4, 2017
I begin each day at 8 AM and transcribe until the work is completed. I have always enjoyed transcription and have a very strong work ethic. I have worked from home for the past 4.5 years and thoroughly enjoy that. The most enjoyable part of this job has been the learning experience. I have transcribed vascular stent placement operative notes, sclerotherapy operative notes, and in-office procedures, such as hemorrhoidectomies, cyst removals, etc. I thoroughly enjoy this work. This company is moving to Voice Recognition and I am not sure I would be interested in that. I prefer to transcribe the work. I am very comfortable being my own boss.
Pros
working from home.
Cons
I have yet to find any cons for this job.
Overall great training program.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILAugust 15, 2017
I was happy with the fact that the computer was provided and MModal supported that computer. I was also very impressed with the training program.

I was not satisfied with the hours available to work. Also, I was not satisfied with the lack of communication from the QA team. It seemed you got a different answer to the same question depending on who you talked to.

The hourly rate was also lower than expected.
work from home
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 5, 2017
great benefits, work from home with some travel.
Microsoft server windows 2003 and up.
Great coworkers.
Oracle Database upgrades over nights and weekends.
Pros
work from home with great benefits
Cons
nights and weekends
Stressful, low pay
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 1, 2017
I have worked for this company over 12 years and make less now than when I first started. They have raised all the standards to meet except paying their employees. Very stressful job to have perfection and be able to make a living out of poverty level. I used to love my job but now dread every day getting up to work as I don't know what is waiting to give me an anxiety attack that day. I feel like my work is always there, I never can get away. You put in so much time and get nothing in return.
Pros
At home
Cons
Accounting for every move you make, low pay, stressful
Enjoyed working there
Implementation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 25, 2017
Was very sorry to be laid off after many years of working. Working from home had a very good balance of work to home life. Unfortunately sales for my division were low.
Great company to work for. This position was home-based.
Certified Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN. home basedJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work included typing and editing numerous medical reports. The workplace was wonderful as I worked from home. The hardest part of the job was understanding many of the foreign physicians voices over the dictaphone while transcribing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the programming they offered on the computer to get the job completed.
Pros
working from home
Cons
unable to see who you were transcribing for.
Overall please don't
Tennessee - Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  At homeJuly 16, 2017
Sure you get to work at home, which is very nice; however, minimal pay is minimal pay and when you are struggling to pay for your internet so you can work, it makes life difficult. My manager was awesome, but the company overall feels like it doesn't value it's employees, or at least the transcriptionists.
Poor management, not enough work, low pay scale, mandatory over time.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 12, 2017
Working from home is not rewarding in the least. Pay scale very low for the amount of work quota demands. Impersonal and isolated, little to no support.
Pros
Can work in your pajamas!
Cons
Unrewarding, isolated, high volume but low pay.
Terrible Company
VR Editor (Former Employee) –  HomeJuly 8, 2017
They overhire and continually run out of work, low pay, unsupportive managers, expect you to be at their beck and call 24/7. They are currently letting people go (I'm one of them even though I had a 99.8% QA rating) and hiring only ICs at a lower rate; I assume they don't want to pay benefits.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MModal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8