MModal Employee Reviews

transcribing medical reports, charts, letters, etc. Interesting, but had a production quota that is unreal.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 4, 2016
I would transcribe medical charts, letters, reports, etc., and enjoyed very much. The production requirements were high and unreal and created a stress environment. No real help from managers and/or supervisors
Ten years experience as a medical transcriptionist/d
Senior Quality Analyst/medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2016
My day starts at 5 evening and ends by 2 midnight as a dusk shift employ. On a given day (preferable Tuesday due to the nature of my job), during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. When my employer introduced a new order management system which used Access they gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work effectively with this. I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I am now extremely adept at using the package. Co-workers are always an inspiration for me. The hardest part of job is getting stat jobs in a row with no time to move for a short break hours together. I enjoyable part of the job is the open and direct communication level. Moreover, I like the ability to learn new things and take on more responsibility. Everyone was in a constant state of growth.
Pros
Insurance, free lunches, etc
Cons
shortbreaks, healthcare
Not supportive of their emplyees. No loyalty
Cpc (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 22, 2016
I was told before I started working for this company that it was not a good place to work and that I have found that to be true. And they have since moved my job to their India Global support which even though it's the same company I consider it Outsourcing. The client i was working on with my team always said it was very pleased with us, yet MModal . The company does not support its employees, they are always throwing up new expectations which are unreasonable and taking away our benefits at the same time. Very disappointed with this company. I would not advise working for them if you want a long-term position and I was assured at

my initial interview that there was more than enough work to go around but I am constantly losing hours because there is not enough work. They require continuing education specifically foe the company, not related to keeping up yor certification, but you are supposed to do it on your own time. And this is stuff required
by the company to keep your job. I don't see how any of these things are conducive to a good and supportive working environment. Very disappointed. I have to say that my immediate supervisor is wonderful but I think her hands are tied by the company.
Would Not Recommend
Healthcare Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 22, 2016
I agree with every one of the negative remarks here as I have experienced them myself. These are not disgruntled employees, these are true and valuable lessons learned to advise of a most unpleasant, underpaid, stressful working environment. After many years, I was unexpectedly let go due to falling slightly below the stringent 99.65% accuracy limit. Not unfortunate, actually a blessing.
Pros
Cons
No time for breaks, 8 hours = keystrokes every second of 8 hours
I should have listened more from friends
Health Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 22, 2016
My friends saw the writing on the wall with this company several years ago. I hung in there after they left the company. I had some very wonderful managers and performance coaches. For some reason, this year things changed. I wasn't getting the audit scores that were required so was put on performance management. Manager said it would go away in 6 months. They want your audit score to be above 99.65% which is impossible and you are going to have good days and bad days. We are human and there will be mistakes. I have been with MedQuist/M*Modal company for 9 years and having to deal with a lot of stress, I have decided to quit. This will be a big heavy load off my shoulders.
Pros
Cons
Stay away
Don't unless you have to
Home-based healthcare documentation specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 4, 2016
This used to be a very good company to work for, but has gone steadily downhill. They expect a near impossible 99.6% accuracy rate (I was put on review for 99.4) while constantly giving you accounts you are unfamiliar with, each that have different account specifics which have to be read which lower production. They have also flat out said that they will not give raises, no matter how long the employee has been there. We were told if you want more money, type faster. Also, there are frequent out of work issues interspersed with wanting overtime. Frequently required to change scheduled work hours.
Pros
Work from home, decent, if expensive, insurance.
Cons
Unrealistic standards.
I see nothing has changed since I quit 2 years ago...
Tier II Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  TenneseeJuly 26, 2016
I worked for this company for 8 years. Started out as MedQuist and I made the most money working for them ($42,000/year!) They were bought out by M*Modal and things went downhill quick. I worked the 11 pm to 7 am shift. Editing voice recognition reports took waaay too long (as compared to straight verbal from the docs) and the line compensation for editing was half. I could see the writing on the wall, the company was going bankrupt, promoting the India workers over US, and I quit.
I thought I would check to see how M*Modal was doing and, obviously, things have not changed. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone looking to do this type of work.
Pros
Working from home, they supplied the computer when I worked for MedQuist...
Cons
Compensation and available work not in keeping with high skill levels required.
Able to work from home
QUALITY COACH - REMOTE (Former Employee) –  441 Timberlane Dr, Somerset WIJuly 18, 2016
Enjoyed working from home, supervisory contact daily, conference calls weekly with Global personnel, running reports, training, retraining, creating training sessions just to name a few. The hardest part of my job was sitting in on calls where an employee is to be terminated.
Terrible place to work. Low pay. Incredible expectations for accuracy.
MT (Former Employee) –  Worked from home/part-timeJuly 7, 2016
After 18 years working for this company, going through several changes/supervisors, etc. I was terminated yesterday for not making my line count, although I had 4 perfect 100% scores on the same page. If you're considering working for this company, run away, run fast, run far. Never look back.
Pros
None.
Cons
Low wage, no-win situation, constantly wanting you to jump through hoops.
remote position
Senior Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 5, 2016
good experience as a remote coder, learned many skills and enhanced my skill set. I would recommend friends their as a job no issues with that.
No incentive to work for this company.
Health care document specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 29, 2016
Quickly learned that being paid nearly minimum wage for 30+ years of transcription experience was very insulting to me. I will not be used and abused by M*Modal. Would rather work at McDonalds flipping burgers for the same pay.
I loved working for Verde Valley Medical Center
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work included working hard at medical transcription, but also taking time to become friends with those in the department. My supervisor and other management were extremely competent and became my friends.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with people! Plus, I love medical transcription!
Pros
Wonderful staff and benefits.
Cons
None.
just got the ax...horrible place
transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  NJJune 4, 2016
Because I fell below 99.6 quality average (99.4/99.5 consistently) I was terminated yesterday afternoon. This is after working for them for 3.5 years; changing my schedule at their request 4 times; 4 different managers over the 3.5 years...etc. As an aside, I checked the work flow today (they haven't cut me off yet), there were NO JOBS AVAILABLE as usual. I used to make a halfway decent living being a transcriptionist. This company and others like it have ruined the industry. I have been a transcriptionist since my early 20s (now 59) and I would advise any young person considering this as an occupation DON'T.
Cons
EVERYTHING
Always issues.
Editor (Former Employee) –  TNMay 19, 2016
Very stressful as I was micromanaged. Mgmt. never truly cared what you had to say. There were no enjoyable parts of this job. I've never been so miserable. Always get in writing what they promised as they will not do as they say.
Pros
At home
Cons
The entire job.
Better places to work
MT (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 17, 2016
Just as an example, just before I quit, I received an Email stating that I was maintaining the top percent accuracy and churning out the lines. This was worth - wait for it - a $10 gift card!!!! Really?! The Email received boiled down to a top MT and they thought I was only worth a $10 gift card? Get real! My supervisors were great and I hung on through 2 upheavals, but in the end that kind of slap in the face wasn't worth it.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Pay low and that slap in the face, so to speak.
Virtual employee with little to no direct communication with supervisor or others up the chain. Typically only hear from them if you make a mistake.
Virtual Medical Transcriptionist/Editor - Tier III (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WI (my home)May 11, 2016
Typical day includes 7.5 hours of medical editing for nationwide tertiary care hospitals as well as clinic work. Vast experience with hospital reports of all kinds. It's a learning experience almost every day, keeping abreast of new products, equipment and medications. I have no co-workers (except my dog who is always close by keeping me company). Not much communication with "management." Most enjoyable part of my job is learning, and working at home isn't all that bad either :-)
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Horrible pay; not like 10 years ago when I could make $50, 000 a year.
Very flexible
Coder III (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN 37067April 26, 2016
was able to sign into work, work my ques. Very low stress. I really enjoyed being able to work from my home. Felt this was very productive as you do not have the interruptions employees usually encounter working in the work place.
Started off good 13 years ago, company has went downhill fast.
Healthcare Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 8, 2016
Asked to change schedule every year until you are forced to work nights and weekends. My pay has DROPPED 5 dollars an hour in the last 5 years with the new ASR technology. I could have typed the report faster myself than it takes to edit the document. Now, we are running out of work on a daily basis and we are required to work on our evenings/weekends off (with the only option being 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.) to get our hours in and when there is still no work they require us to take our vacation time to make up the hours in our shift. Unreasonable expectations for the situation we are put in. Management changes frequently, you are lucky to get an answer back to any question you may have. This company has taken our career field over to India with MModal's new facility housing 1200 new transcriptionists. If you value your time outside of work, then do not ever work for this company. They will nitpick at you and put very high expectations on you until you are drained and exhausted. It is time for a new job.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Too many to list.....read review.
Nice environment, overall nice employees
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 21, 2016
Good subculture, but management / employee communication is intentionally limited. Management does not want you to know direction of company, as changes in structure are often, and turnover can be high.
Pros
Working environment / people
Cons
Lack of honest communication
Editor (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 11, 2016
Work culture is good and very helpful team leaders to help out to exposure of new accounts and managing work. There was good work timings and accounts as well as benefits and incentives.

2.8