Mobile Doctors Employee Reviews

Just bad
Staff (Former Employee) –  ILJune 6, 2017
The company was closed down due to fraudulent activity by the CEO. The staff was great and office culture was great. The compensation was not bad. Too bad
Fraudulent Ownership lead to the demise of Company
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2017
The summary title says it all. Before the Fraud investigation, had a good group of your employees eager to make a difference. Most staff bachelor degrees even though jobs beneath them. Pay was awful and incomparable to anything I had had before.
Busy medical practice
Medical Billing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 17, 2016
The staff at Mobile Doctors are among the nicest people I've ever worked with. The practice administrator is helpful, courteous and very willing to share her knowledge and expertise. She always had time to answer questions and was anxious to help me increase my education and my work skills, despite the practice having a very busy workload.

The billing manager was patient and thorough in explaining procedures to me and readily allowed me to practice new skills under her supervision, yet she didn't hover over me or make me feel incapable of doing my job, even when the pace was rather hectic.

Both of these ladies expressed how pleased they were with my performance and even expressed an interest in possibly having me as part of their team in the future.
Pros
Great personnel
Cons
Growing practice made for a very crowded work area.
Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DetroitMay 7, 2014
Come in and get my charts and rooms ready for the day. Make sure all my rooms are stocked up and clean before the patients start to arrive.
Great learning experience
Assistant Manager of Medical Assistants (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2014
It was a great company to work for it was a lot of learning and there was always room for growth.
Cons
Company shut down
Opportunities for hard workers
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MiJanuary 30, 2014
Mobile Doctors gave me the opportunity to be trained in various departments including management. The company closed down and all employees were laid off.
Pros
Hard work was paid off through advancements
Cons
Closed down
Great place to work for. Really love working with my patients and their needs
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2013
I love being a Medical Assistant because it allows me to interact with my patients and make them feel comfortable. I love working with people and caring for them. Working at Mobile Doctors allow me to utilize my skills as a Medical Assistant to care for others.My Management was excellent people to work for as well as my co-workers we was like a family and that because we took our job seriously.
great place
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2013
great enjoyable place to work
lots of experience with geriatric patients
Medical billing and customer service
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2013
A typical day in the Mobile Doctors billing department would consist of finding home visits, ultrasounds, blood draw labs, or care plans to enter into our billing system. Each pod was responsible for one of the 6 states that MD operated in. We were allowed to listen to music, so long as it did not affect our data entry.

I learned how to accurately code and enter data from doctor's forms, and to decipher their handwriting. I learned how to successfully navigate Medisoft and run specific reports in the program.

Management was mostly unseen near the end of my tenure at the company, save for 5-10 minute meetings we would have with them once a week.

My co-workers were all wonderful people. We had a strong rapport with everyone in the office, often meeting outside of work for fun activities.

The hardest part of the job was, for me, creating an entire process for the customer service position and ensuring patient satisfaction with the new employee that filled this role.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being consistently recognized for producing some of our department's highest entry numbers and maintaining one of the highest accuracy ratings.
Pros
Able to listen to music, learning about medical billing
Cons
Low presence of management
Productive and Fun Workplace, Great Co-Workers
Clinical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IlAugust 29, 2013
I truly enjoyed working at Mobile Doctors, I learned a great deal of information within the three years that I was employed there. I started off the day running my call sheet for the day, contacted a large amount of patients on a daily basis.
fun work place, relaxed environment.
Field Ma (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 6, 2013
a typical day consists of traveling with physicians to patients home for basic medical care. I learned how to accept the challenges of different people in different areas of the city. Management is ok. My co- workers are great and fun to work with. also helpful when needed. the hardest part of the job is the inconsistent hours. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customer and the office staff and manager acknowledging great work from their employees.
Pros
Fun activities, trips, prizes. acknowledgement of the little things, i love that they send cards to the workers and patients for birthdays ext.
Cons
non consistent hours
Constantly looking over your shoulder
Director of Medical Assistants (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 28, 2013
I have never been treated so poorly by a company before. Everything was fantastic in the beginning, so imagine my surprise when all chaos broke loose. The new management is a joke. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I have witnessed too many questionable acts in the office and with the patients. It is the most unethical company that I have ever encountered. I will say though, they throw one heck of a Christmas party.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2013
Driving the doctor from patient to patient. I've learned how to perform my Medical assistant duties in the home. The doctor was my management while out on the road. My co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was driving from home to home. The most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing My MA work inside the home.
Pros
Being outside the work environment traveling
Cons
Healthcare and benefits
Fun and informational career
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2013
I think it is very interesting and fun to work with patients of all different ages and cultures. You learn a lot about people when your invited into their personal spaces. It is enjoyable to work with a team that 'works as a team' and cares about the people they work with, not just as co-workers, but as people that have seperate lives as well.
Pros
helping people of all ages and cultures, not being stuck in office all day
Cons
possibly could have longer days than normal
My Day is always an adventure at my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2013
I am always excited to learn new skills out in the field with Patients. I also enjoy driving to different areas with the Dr. treating and helping elderly patients
Pros
sometimes i get a lunch break! or free lunch!
Cons
sometimes no breaks, i never know what time i will be out of work.
Productive Workplace with pleasant people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2013
This is also a growing, quality organization where i conducted home visits to the residences of patients with an assigned doctor. We made home visits as far as Kankakee. I loved the flexibility as well as the efficiency of team work. I had some older co-workers that gave me motivation daily. I am still in contact with a few that i developed a friendship with.
Pros
team work, free lunch with doctors, flexibility
Cons
different doctors meant different rules!
Medical Office
Scheduling Director (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 21, 2012
Mobile Doctors was the first medical office after I graduated from the technical school I attended for a Health Unit Coordinator. I learned a lot being at Mobile Doctors and appreciated the 2.5 years I was employed. I learned how to utilize management skills and implement my experience and skills for growth. I learned reports, filing systems and how to become better with time management. When I started as a scheduler we had approximately 700 patients. As I moved up to a scheduling director we grew to over 2400 patients. Management was always changing so it was hard to get to know ones work ethics in a short amount of time. Our co-workers were superb and I love all the personalities that I became in contact with. The hardest part was hearing a patient we had for so long had passed away or the fact that one of our doctors was leaving us. The most enjoyable part was working with the elderly and making them smile just by talking to them and getting to know them.