Mobile Infirmary Medical Center

Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Employee Reviews

Clerk
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 28, 2015
Answered 32 line switchboard in the Data Processing Department. Worked with the programmers on a daily basis with typing, report sorting and delivery, sort and deliver mail internally and within hospital, process purchase orders.
Excellent facility and doctors
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Mobile, ALApril 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent employee benefits and modern equipment for patient care
Cons: Call back program under compensated
Top rated hospital, excellent doctors and radiologist. Care unsurpassed in areas of patient satisfaction and care. Great emphasis placed on patient first attitude.
Busy
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good Pay scale
Cons: Administration
Many compassionate healthcare employees.
Seems to have a high employee turnover rate. Not a hometown atmosphere. Micromanagement runs rampant.
Best hospital in Mobile, Alabama.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: always evolving to stay relevant with constantly changing healthcare model.
Cons: high insurance premiums for part-time workers
I loved the environment and my coworkers. This was my second home for 15 years. Very family oriented. I was able to experience many different areas of nursing without having to leave Infirmary Health Systems.
Great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benifits.
Cons: sometimes too busy to stop and take lunch breaks.
A very good place to work. Loved my hours. Co-workers and family
was the best part of job. the hardest part was losing pt's that had been their a long time. Best part was seeing someone get better when all hope was gone.

I learned to let go of everyday stress at the end of a hard day.
To be there for my fellow co-workers during there times of need.
To be flexable with my hours and days of work. To enjoy life. Because you never know what the future holds for you.
Unique
Anonymous (Current Employee), ALFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits and perks, rx discounts, gym, pension (who does that anymore :) )
Cons: professionalism
I feel every individual has their own unique experience there. There is good employee retention...many employees have been there for years.
Good company
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 16, 2015
Good company. Pay and benefits sucks but I learned alot working here.
Extern
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Mobile, AlabamaJanuary 8, 2015
my extern experience was good. i really learned allot from the employees there,
Distribution Breakdown
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Mobile, ALDecember 3, 2014
Pros: learned about different fields in the hospital i.e. nicu, micu
Cons: working through emergency situations
Stocking medical supplies, distribution of medical supplies
Time management ,learned different types of medical tools and equipment
Cohesive teamwork environment
Not having the right supplies in stock
Ensuring that the right supplies reached the desired destination in an urgent fashion to best serve the patient
Great place to work for.
Charge/Staff Nurse, Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 2, 2014
Worked in the critical care unit on various shifts. Provided patient care with patients who had cardiac dysfunctions using hemodynamic monitoring and vasoactive agents for stabilization. Preceptor for nursing students and new employees.
Like high school again
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Mobile, ALSeptember 25, 2014
Cons: no lunches most days
The work environment was very much like high school. If the team leader was unhappy with you, you were on your own in all aspect of the job. Even when help was needed for a patient's care. Unfortunately, no one in upper management are willing to hear that the team leader in this department was stealing time and working the system in every way she possibly could.
Radiographer in O.R. (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 23, 2014
Loved the challenge everyday. Enjoyed the team work with my co-workers
Great co-workers...just wish I could say that about the management
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 16, 2014
I was originally hired at a position which did not require much work. By the time I left I was doing about 4 different people's work as well as mine. It just slowly gets added on especially small things that management should be doing but dont want to do. They pulled everyone's sick time and compensations before it was time to retire and a lot of the people working there should have retired long before but couldn't. Great place to use as a stepping stone, just don't plan on staying there for too long.
Advancing Enviroment
Outpatient Analyst (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks
Making sure is the most important is the biggest part of our department. Everyday we are constantly learning about a new form that has been created within the company. The hardest part about this job if the system is not functioning properly it slows down the production which can cause a major set back. The most enjoyable part knowing that we have completed the task successfully without any errors
Pleasant Atmosphere
Nursing Service/Staffing Secretary (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 25, 2014
While I was employed at Mobile Infirmary Medical Center I enjoyed my time there. My supervisors were insightful, helpful, energetic, understanding, & were pleasant to work with. I also enjoyed other employees that I worked with. During the timeframe of being at work, the time passed quickly because I was always surrounded by friendly and helpful people that made my shift go by plesantly quick.
Largest Medical facility in Region
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 7, 2014
Pros: heavy turnover- jobs usually available.
Cons: no breaks; broken/out-dated/lack of equipment;expensive medical coverage
Telemetry Monitor Tech:
Review 20 (ICU Units) to 50 (Cardiac room) patients per shift. Report and Chart Cardiac arrhythmias.
Report Time of Death.

Management not supportive of non-registered employees.

Co-workers very supportive, maintains high level of integrity of department.

Hardest part of the job is lack of respect and support of management.

Most enjoyable part of job: interaction with patients; personal sense of growth in patient care.
Fast Pace Job
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Mobile, AlMay 8, 2014
Pros: flexible with work schedule
Cons: very "family/friend orientend"
Clean surgical equipment
Sterilize equipment and linen
Prepare instruments for surgery
Answer phones
great place to work, patients are great to work with, great co-workers and management
Diagnostic tech, Receptionist, Insurance Analyst (Former Employee), Mobile, alApril 30, 2014
Pros: free medical advice
Cons: micro management
sign in patients, collect insurance info. get orders from EMR from doctor for patient. file xrays, ekg, lab test, deal with doctors and management. the most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and seeing the smile on their faces.
night shift
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), mobile alApril 8, 2014
very long nights and long am collections usually 30 t0 40 collections in the am rounds
If you want to be worked to death and not be appreciated this is the place for you
RN (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 13, 2013
Pros: high salary initially. but only 2 tiny raises in 5 years :(
Cons: everything you can fathom
I took exactly zero vacations in 5 years at this "hospital". The management could care less how you feel, your recommendations for improvement in the work place, or the patients. They are interested in making money. Period. They will do anything make the most money they can. 7 and sometimes 8 Pts to one RN on a cardiac unit is not an acceptable ratio. As soon as u try to take a vacation, question management, or look for another position elsewhere after you figure out they are a less than ideal facility, they will find a reason to fire you. Oh yeah, they're being sued by the federal government for 550+ million dollars in alleged Medicare fraud. Have fun with this one!

1 2 3