Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Employee Reviews

As a member of about 20 years with the Infirmary Healthcare team, I have to say this is the Hospital of choice for me.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 30, 2016
Overall effective patients care, benefits, good working condition and environment as related to the facility. Accessible areas of learning and growth. One of the negative impact of my employment was Oncology with death and dying.
Pros
Opportunity for growth.
Cons
work overload.
Good Company
Intervntional Rad. Clinical Supply Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2017
MIMC is overall a good Place of employment and I would recommend to friends and family. Great Benefits and friendly staff that loves their patients.
Wonderful coworkers
Unit Secretary/CNA (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 2, 2017
I loved working with my nurses they encourage you do do better and have no problem teaching and answering questions. Management on the other hand are not professional at all. The work load is heavy and constant which can be expected in a hospital but to not be appreciated disrespected and not paid to well makes it not a place to look forward to work.
Pros
Coworkers are like family
Cons
Not professional
Rewarding
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 11, 2016
For a hospital, I expected more on job training than was received. Coeworkers are wonderful and the environment great. Very fast paced and eciting in the ER. I loved it.
Pros
Great
Cons
med level management is bad
Focused and determined office
Insurance Biller/Collector Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 12, 2016
Billed insurance claims and tried to collect money from insurance companies. I learned so much about the way insurance companies work. What diagnosis needs to be used and the codes. Management was great and positive!! Loved my co-workers! Hardest part was trying to get insurance companies to pay!! Most enjoyable part was when they did!!
I liked the idea of working only 3 days a week.
Staff RN (Staff Registered Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 6, 2017
I meet and cared for a lot of people that not only impacted my life, but I also worked with some GREAT nurses that shared and taught me about being a good nurse.
Pros
Working on 3 days a week
Cons
I did not like 12 hour shifts; as my family grew, 12 hour days became hard.
First real job...
Regional Staffing Pool Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 22, 2016
This was my first medical experience. I learned a lot and my co-workers were very friendly At the time (2011), the pay was the lowest in the field, but I have heard that they have made changes to their pay scale.
If you want to be worked to death and not be appreciated this is the place for you
RN (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 13, 2013
I took exactly zero vacations in 5 years at this "hospital". The management could care less how you feel, your recommendations for improvement in the work place, or the patients. They are interested in making money. Period. They will do anything make the most money they can. 7 and sometimes 8 Pts to one RN on a cardiac unit is not an acceptable ratio. As soon as u try to take a vacation, question management, or look for another position elsewhere after you figure out they are a less than ideal facility, they will find a reason to fire you. Oh yeah, they're being sued by the federal government for 550+ million dollars in alleged Medicare fraud. Have fun with this one!
Pros
High salary initially. But only 2 tiny raises in 5 years :(
Cons
Everything you can fathom
Do not care for their employees
Patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 22, 2012
If the day is short of staff, some coworkers did not want you to take a break which is required by law because it was just too much work to be done and taking a 30-45min break only put you or them behind. I learned a lot of hands on skills which is a plus. Some of my coworkers would be a team player but mostly were not. The hardest part of the job was not able to grow with the company. The most part of my job was seeing the smile on the patients and coworkers faces after I did something to make their day.
Pros
i only had to work just 3 days a week
Cons
short breaks or no breaks, worked short handed most of the time and barely any teamwork, only a 2% raise for 4 years
Great co-workers...just wish I could say that about the management
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 16, 2014
I was originally hired at a position which did not require much work. By the time I left I was doing about 4 different people's work as well as mine. It just slowly gets added on especially small things that management should be doing but dont want to do. They pulled everyone's sick time and compensations before it was time to retire and a lot of the people working there should have retired long before but couldn't. Great place to use as a stepping stone, just don't plan on staying there for too long.
Great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 24, 2015
A very good place to work. Loved my hours. Co-workers and family
was the best part of job. the hardest part was losing pt's that had been their a long time. Best part was seeing someone get better when all hope was gone.

I learned to let go of everyday stress at the end of a hard day.
To be there for my fellow co-workers during there times of need.
To be flexable with my hours and days of work. To enjoy life. Because you never know what the future holds for you.
Pros
Great benifits.
Cons
Sometimes too busy to stop and take lunch breaks.
Good pay, poor concern for employee wellbeing
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 1, 2013
I made a little bit more poor hour while working at MIMC than I did at my previous job at a teaching hospital. The extra pay was not worth it. Nursing staff is treated horrible by MDs (cursing at nurses, treated nurses like they are stupid). My nurse manager never helped when we were shorthanded. Nurses hardly ever got a lunch since we were always understaffed and had complicated patients.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management, overload of work
Hospital- Great Campus- Tedious work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 15, 2013
I was a Unit Secretary I loved this job I was young and the work was fast pace and it paid nicely. I work to keep the nursing station in order and thing the doctors or nurses needed they could come to the Unit Secretary, from ordering labs, filing reports in patient charts, inventory, helping with patients family, medical record filing, scanning, answering phones, ect.
Pros
nice benefits, great people at times
Cons
short lunch breaks- part of the jobs sometimes at a hospital, stressful at times
Very high fast paced environment........
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AlMay 8, 2013
Overall a good place to work, very fast. Can hardly get a full break without being interrupted. Pays better than all the other hospitals but haven't had a raise since I have been there. Food in new cafeteria is expensive and nasty.
Pros
Flexibility with scheduling days off
Cons
Holidays, weekends, no raises, lack of being able to take full break
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 28, 2015
This hospital is dedicated to excellent service and advancement in healthcare. Employees have great benefits and advancement opportunities.
Limited opportunity for advancement.
Medical Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile AlabamaSeptember 1, 2013
None or very insignificant raises in several years of employment. Seems to not like to promote from within. Excellent opportunity to develop customer service skills in a Medical setting.
Pros
Hours, diversity of employees
Cons
Limited advancement, poor leadership development
Excellent facility and doctors
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 21, 2015
Top rated hospital, excellent doctors and radiologist. Care unsurpassed in areas of patient satisfaction and care. Great emphasis placed on patient first attitude.
Pros
Excellent employee benefits and modern equipment for patient care
Cons
Call back program under compensated
Unique
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  ALFebruary 21, 2015
I feel every individual has their own unique experience there. There is good employee retention...many employees have been there for years.
Pros
Great benefits and perks, Rx discounts, Gym, Pension (who does that anymore :) )
Cons
Professionalism
Good company
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 16, 2015
Good company. Pay and benefits sucks but I learned alot working here.
Very enjoyable and fun place to work especially with the men in the department
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 4, 2013
A typical day at work would begin at 7am in the shop. Coffee was provided. You had a few minutes to gather your tools and work orders for the day and interact with the other craftsmen. I learned to be efficient with my paper work (work orders) and over time the many fine points of the job. Management was excellent and fair in their interaction with the employees. The bigest thing I miss is the many friends and my co-workers. Tipically, the hardest part of the job was getting access to the job site as many times it was occupied by patients or employees. You always had to take the inconvenience of everyone into account and accommodate them as much as possible before beginning work. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the employees and patients.
Pros
free lunches on special days, turkeys at christmas and excellent healthcare insurance
Cons
night work, weekend work, christmas work, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mobile Infirmary Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Reviews by Location