Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 28, 2017
Love being around the patients working at a steady pace but on time. Different places in the hospital set different emotions happy, sad, some family relations you can relate to. Staff was great so where employees if I needed any help I could get what I need help with quickly.
great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 26, 2017
I worked there for several years and absolutely loved my job. Everyone worked together as a team. I loved the excellent up to date equipment. My manager was very fair.
Awesome college job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 22, 2017
I worked here during college and they were very eager to work around my schedule. I found myself loving healthcare. The group I worked with was very helpful!
Fun and wonderful work place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 1, 2017
Enjoyed working at mobile infirmary, wonderful people great employees, also caring. clean environment, positive energy, wonderful food. I would recommend a Friend to work there.
Pros
Free lunch
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 21, 2017
The job was very easy, despite the fact that I worked on pysch. The people is what made the job stressful. The constant change of how the place should be ran, also was very stressful. Things constantly changed. Management had poor communication skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of team work, upon staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the patients.
Bad management/ Did not train properly
Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 18, 2017
Bad management m, seem like they set you up for failure. They expect you to know everything about your job within a few weeks even when they know you never had experience with billing. At first they make the job seem so fun and caring but later they start to throw you out to the wolves and chew you out when you don’t get your work done. Request training from manager and team leader but never got any. Stressful job. I would not recommend this place to Work or start a career at
Pros
Discount at the cafe/ off on weekends
Cons
Bad management/ no one really wanted to help train or help when asking a question
Stressful at times
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 28, 2017
While working in the Or at MI I learned a lot about various types of surgeries and new technology. Managment was slightly overbearing and some times I never even received lunch.
poor management
ADMISSIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 26, 2017
Worked in the er dept, understaffed, cut throat, nurses not helpful and not compassionate. Too many chiefs an not enough indians, Everyone trying to start problems,
Pros
health insurance
Cons
poor management
Relaxed environment for radiographer
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 21, 2017
I worked at Mobile Infirmary Medical Center as a radiographer many years ago. At that time, employee retention was high and radiographers were generally happy at work.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Some of the older staff were not nice to students and new employees
Most shifts short staffed for the acuity of the patients.
Charge Nurse, CCU (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 19, 2017
Long shifts, usually short staffed. You felt like an employee number instead of a hardworking health professional working to take care of some of the sickest patients on the planet. Sometimes the supervisors were moving expired patients out to make room for a new one before the family had a chance to grieve, and, in at least one case, to even return to the hospital. You spent every minute caring for your patients and then had to stay another hour or two just to chart what you did for the last 12 hours. Most of us bonded over those long charting episodes. Also, I don't think I got an actual lunch break the entire time I worked there!
Pros
A lot of great doctors on staff
Cons
Too far from where I live and in a questionable location given current crime in Mobile.
bad experience
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 24, 2017
The trainers don't know how to train people. They're just the employees who've worked there the longest and filled out a form (if they've done that by the time they're allowed to train). Upper management makes you go to over-the-top cheesy meetings promoting kindness, family, and going above and beyond, but on the actual job you're treated like nothing more than a workhorse, and you're told often that you're "being watched." Manager admitted (slipped in to a conversation) that she schedules less CNAs than needed. It's impossible to do all that is expected with any real thoroughness and thoughtfulness without stressing yourself and your body to an early grave.
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
unrealistic workload, poor training
Loved my job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2017
I loved my job at Mobile Infirmary Medical Center, the nursing staff and other ancillary support all worked well together. I really can't think of any thing else at the moment
Pros
excellent working conditions
Cons
pay raises
Enjoyable Workplace
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 7, 2017
Very fun and fast paced work environment. Excellent management. Benefits are great. Must be willing to follow directions, be a team player, and most of enjoy what you are doing.
Fun Place to work
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 4, 2017
This was a fast pace job. A typical day was busy. I leaned how to work with others and assisted the manager in day to day operation. the workplace was nice and relax.
Pros
Let you make up time
Cons
Working on Saturday
Very good place to work
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 2, 2017
I went to X-ray school here and then was hired right out of school. It is a very good place to work. They are good to their employees and there are great advancement possibilities.
Pros
good pay, benefits, goos work environment
Cons
sometimes long hours, call
Terrible co workers
Auxillary (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 21, 2017
The social culture at this place is terrible. No teamwork.
The focus is off. Management spends more time creating problems then making it great.
Hard work and eagerness is not rewarded.
I liked the idea of working only 3 days a week.
Staff RN (Staff Registered Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 6, 2017
I meet and cared for a lot of people that not only impacted my life, but I also worked with some GREAT nurses that shared and taught me about being a good nurse.
Pros
Working on 3 days a week
Cons
I did not like 12 hour shifts; as my family grew, 12 hour days became hard.
safe, clean, good pay
CNA (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 3, 2017
Great benifits , great pay, good work enviornment. Some workplace drama exists between day shift and night shift co workers but all in all a good place to work. Patient to nurse ratios are high and floors/units are understaffed. Patient load is always at a high. This is a safe work environment with armed security with a quick response.
Pros
discounts at cafe, good pay
Cons
12 hour shifts, short staffed units/floors, overworked
Wonderful coworkers
Unit Secretary/CNA (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 2, 2017
I loved working with my nurses they encourage you do do better and have no problem teaching and answering questions. Management on the other hand are not professional at all. The work load is heavy and constant which can be expected in a hospital but to not be appreciated disrespected and not paid to well makes it not a place to look forward to work.
Pros
Coworkers are like family
Cons
Not professional
Good Company
Intervntional Rad. Clinical Supply Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2017
MIMC is overall a good Place of employment and I would recommend to friends and family. Great Benefits and friendly staff that loves their patients.