The Assistant Bookkeeper works under the general supervision of the Bookkeeping Supervisor and is responsible for providing administrative support with all bookkeeping functions. The Assistant Bookkeeper works 40 hours per week in order to accomplish the administrative and general office duties of the department.
The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or QuickBooks from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
1. Issue invoices to customers
2. Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
3. Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
4. Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
5. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
6. Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
7. Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
8. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
9. Process payroll in a timely manner
10. Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Education and Work Experience:
High School Diploma
Certification(s) and Licenses:
Must have solid foundation and at least 2 years experience working with QuickBooks.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Develop alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word software.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.