Mobile Mini, Inc.

Mobile Mini, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was a nice place to work up until about 6 months ago
Inbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2016
Mobile Mini recently changed the entire way they are doing things. In the process of these changes they have cut the majority of their employees pay drastically. I am in an inbound sales position which had an hourly base pay as well as a decent bonus structure . With the new structure and implementation they raised our pay up by approximately $2.00 an hour but cut our bonuses out entirely which ranged anywhere from $800 - $1200 a month. Anyone who knows how to do simple math can see that because of this change we are now losing several hundred a month with this "fabulous new plan" that the upper management came up with. In a nutshell they gave the entire company a big old paycut. Also, by cutting out bonuses, they have now made it to where most employees handling the inbound customer calls no longer strive or go the extra mile to help the customers because there is now no longer an incentive to close and book a deal. On top of the pay cut, my department (that used to handle ONLY customer sales orders) gets to deal with container pick up calls, billing, invoicing issues, complaints, and all the returned mail. I applied for a SALES position 2 years ago and was hired into that SALES position making decent money and in 6 months this company cut several hundred dollars off my monthly pay and turned me into a mail clerk. Whats worse is that many people have left and instead of hiring more people to pick up the slack for those who have left, they just work the rest of us just that much harder. Micro managing has become a daily routine now. Multiple emails go out from management daily  more... on how we are not working hard enough, fast enough or thorough enough. We make less money yet they work us twice as hard.... Needless to say its time for me to follow many others and move on. Advice: Be prepared to be micro managed daily and have a ton of work piled on you and go home stressed out everyday. While the money is ok, the stress levels and workload are now very high.  less
Pros
No weekends, free monthly lunch
Cons
Overworked employees, stressed out managers who are forced to micro-manage employees
Micro Managed Call Center Spiralling Downward
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
Over the last few months, the company has done a185 degree turn for the worst. A new compensation plan was devised to indirectly put a cap on sales commissions. Territories were strategically re-aligned to limit the opportunity to exceed your sales goals. A new phone system was introduced to monitor every moment you are available to make or take an inbound call. The new system was designed by upper management that have no clue as to what it's like to be in a sales position. They fail to understand that we, as sales people, are in this profession to make money...not only make money, but to make as much as possible. We are not little kids needing reminders to make calls to make money. The whole place has gone to hay in such a short time that it makes a person's head spin. It's turned into a kindergarten like sales call center.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Call center micro management galore.
a lot of changes
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2016
in this position I went through 3 commission changes that affected my pay to go lower, and management is not on the same page
Interesting
corporate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2016
The CEO seems to do right by the employees. Seems as if employees are satisfied with current status of the company and its direction for growth.
Excellent staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 26, 2015
Good supervisor, dispatcher, loaders and drivers. I worked out of Fayetteville NC and loved it. They really care about there employees and family.
Pros
Great Communication and staff.
Cons
Dropping and picking up containers in tight areas.
Competetive Work Environment, sales models constantly changing
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 21, 2015
Great place to work if you are competitive in sales. Every day is different. Typical call center sales environment, no matter how good you are doing you are still held to the same standards of outbound calls and talk time. There is little to know communication about what is happening at the company. Sales Managers jobs are tied solely to running and monitoring call center reports and attending meetings. They could better utilize their sales managers to interact more with their teams to provide coaching. Managers should also be more available on the floor and involved with call escalations as they happen. Advice: hire a team of business analysts who are in charge of running and monitoring call reports and free up managers to be available to their teams.
Changing culture and work environment
Concierge/Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 3, 2015
A typical day included answering calls for 8 hours a day straight, taking payments, scheduling container pickups, and logging disputes or transfers to appropriate department.

I learned a lot about the container/storage industry.

Management did an excellent job in orientation, we had the opportunity to see a container being loaded while physically in front of it, the CEO attended the orientation, so we could meet him, and they has some great team communication lego exercises.

My co-workers were amazing people, a fun group that regularly participated in company events like the Halloween Parade, Food Drives, and Hat Day.

The hardest part of the job was the changing culture and work environment, and reorganization.

The most enjoyable part was my co-workers, I met a lot of great people there.
Pros
Great group of Co-workers
Cons
Changing culture and work environment, reorg
ast dispatcher
Assistant Dispatcher/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 23, 2015
data input, answer the telpohe, check all out going and incoming storeage containrs and office modules. also make copys of routes for the drivers to go to job sites for deliverys or pick ups
Pros
my iown office
Cons
the hours
Manager is on a very high horse
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 5, 2015
Worked there for four months.
Manager thinks he owns the place, he is a dictator.
Can't tell him anything, he knows it all, yet he never drove a truck before.
He is narcissistic, talks down on you.
He tried to held back my paycheck, but I wasn't going to deal with him, called corporate.
Hope he gets a training he needs to get his attitude under control.
Stay away from the yard guy he calls the shots, he also us the one who goes to a manager and tells him if you say anything negative.
One big rat. Be aware.
You won't be driving all that much, you will clean a lot, and scrap paint off the containers.
Wearing hard hat, safety glasses, gloves even if you just mopping because yeah safety first.
Pros
Good trucks
Cons
Manager, yard boss, NO overtime
horrible job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  united statesJuly 14, 2015
i worked there 10 months. then because of a back injury where i couldnt even get out of bed, i was fired. was given leave of absence and short term disability. then on the friday before i was to come back and was released to come back, they said your job is no longer available. i was gone less than 6 weeks. now keep in mind that it took me 2 months of interviews to get hired for this job in the first place. it was like 4-5 phone interviews and then 2-3 face to face. never had to have so many interviews. and this took 2 months. so if i was out less than 6 weeks and they already had me replaced, you know that they started looking as soon as i went out. now if i was sick i would have still gone in since they seem to want you to come in sick, but i was flat on my back for most of that time and the rest i could barely walk to the restroom. and the couple times i was out sick before this, management threatened me stating that they put too much money into me and that i needed to make sure to come to work. i was really shocked when they said that my job was already taken. benefits were pretty decent but thats about the only good thing. would not recommend this company at all.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Great People / Great Employee
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2015
Had the pleasure of working with several great people/employees. Like any job, it is what you make of it and who you surround yourself around. I learned quite a bit from many different people.
Great company with opportunities for the right people
Senior Vice President Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 6, 2015
I had a great experience and learned many leadership qualities in over 17 years of service. We built a great team mentality in over 130 locations in both the US and the UK. When I first started there we had 8 locations, so obviously the product and the leadership were in tuned with each other to bring a great product and great customer relationships together.
Productive and fun, fast paced workplace
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AzApril 16, 2015
Come in clock in.
Check emails and voicemails.
Click on the "READY" option this means you are ready to take calls.
Open all the programs.
go to lunch after 4 hours of work.
after lunch take more calls and then after the 8 hours close all programs log off your phone and go home the day.
Pros
Friendly Staff and managers
Cons
nothing
terrible
Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 30, 2015
this is a terrible company. they don't care about their drivers. the trucks there break down daily and when safety issues or mechanical issues like non functional lights are brought tot the attention of management it doesn't ever get fixed
Underpaid and no recognition
Dispatcher/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 7, 2015
No recognition for hard work, hostile environment, and 55-60 hours during the busy seasons. Bargain for a much larger salary because it will be divided by many hours.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
excessive hours
un balance work place
lead driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 18, 2014
uncomfortable work place. never knowing which day will be your last day. The most enjoyable part of day is when you get off work. And you never know what time that is. The hardest part of day is the beginning dealing with the dispatcher who do not know everything
Pros
pay
Cons
leadership
Used to be a great company.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2014
It went from a awesome mom and pop company to a family run corporation that was fun and involved all employees in how the business is run. Now it is a real corporation that does not care about their employees. They only care about profit since the new leadership has come in.
Pros
pay for performance.
Cons
terrible culture.
terribly managed
yard worker (Former Employee) –  ventura ca. 994July 25, 2014
It took 6 mo. To get 2 forklift tires replaced, operating without proper county permits, they sell containers to people that have black mold inside, horrible working conditions, in my opinion there is an underlying tone of racism, they do not give recognition to the people who actually deserve it.co-workers were great, the hours were fair, a typical day consist of pressure washing a little painting very little welding if any, fill out paper work. Hardest part was the working conditions, I didn't learn anything I didnt all ready know.
Pros
the hours
Cons
no recognition for good work
Dispatch and Office Manager
Office Mgr. Head Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 15, 2014
Good Company.
Good people and friends, great team players.
Good job but is not sure for how long?????
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  FORT LAUDERDALEJuly 13, 2014
Is a good company but the management is bad they only care about bonus and own benefits.