Mobilex USA Employee Reviews

Typical Day
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75074February 15, 2017
They give you a vehicle with a x-ray machine in the back to travel to nursing homes, jails, hospitals or personal residences to perform portable radiographs. Unload & reload machine into vehicle. Rolls, sit up & otherwise manipulate patients with or without help. Shield is provided for exposure PPE. Travel from one exam to the next prioritizing the exams in order of importance. Lots of driving, working overtime and taking call nights and weekends.
Pros
They pay for a few set of scrubs, provide vehicle to take home most cases
Cons
take 30 mins for your lunch break whether you have time to take it or not, constant changing higher up management, late hours
Lots of flexibility
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044January 21, 2017
This job offers lots of flexibility, you get to enjoy being outside and not being under the direct supervision of management. They give you everything you need to get the job done. The hardest part is dealing with unruly patients which is far and few in between.
People are vindictive
Medical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJanuary 15, 2017
People will over load work on you. This place is a revolving door! People will talk about other employees all the time( I did not have this problem personally but over heard talk way to much) even from management!
Pros
PTO and Health Benefits
Cons
Bad management and High School drama
Hard working job
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILDecember 22, 2016
A typical day is working hard and fast everyday to complete your task of an 8 hour day. Very independent job and you have to be self motivated.
great place to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 21, 2016
Worked at mobile for 4 years it was a very good learning experience, good management. I learned about health care, medical care, dispatching, scheduling and giving excellent customer service.
Cons
short braks
No advancement opportunities, poor communication
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 24, 2016
The overall management team was abysmal due to a serious lack of leadership qualities in a few team members.

Very poor communication, there was very scant and inadequate direction given at times for managing an increasing work loads, through which employees were to be held accountable in which led to an environment of constant and mounting stress.
Difficult work, poor equipment, WORST hours
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 18, 2016
A typical day involved me hauling x-ray equipment to different nursing homes where over half of the patients can't even lift their heads up and where nurses are extremely rude and unwilling to help. The equipment was horrible...half the time it wouldn't work and management would expect you to know how to fix it. There was a point when I didn't even have a ramp to load the portable into the van. They actually expected me to lift the VERY heavy machine into it and I ended up injuring myself on several occasions. The only thing I can say is I definitely learned kVp and mAs techniques with various exams and I quickly increased my ability to critical think given many of the patient's conditions.
Decent actual work but not very rewarding.
Rad. Tech. (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at mobilex involves getting assigned cases and going to the nursing home or facility you need to do that x-ray at. It doesn't sound bad at first - but it can be terrible

Based on your co-workers (and I bet most of them are lazy) you will have more work than is cut out for you. They will leave case "open" while they expect that someone else will get it, which usually ends up in one employee doing more work than the others.

Even on days where everyone pulls their own weight, you often deal with less than intelligent nurses that don't know what they're ordering. You will do an entire leg from hip to foot and the patient simply has "knee pain". At times if you question the order, they want it all done anyway "because the doctor wrote it." But most the time they were the ones who ordered it.

Or better yet you do 4 exams at a facility, and then drive to another 1 hour away ...only to be called back to the facility you did 4 exams at as soon as you get to the next destination. This can result in overtime if cases come at bad times, because your route determines how many hours you work - and if homes make the route longer...you get OT. Which can be nice, until you work it for 5 years and realize you never got to go to as many of your daughters games as you wanted to.

You take on call, and it sucks. Horribly. A measly 1 dollar an hour is what you get for taking call. And you may get called out overnight (1-6am) only to have to come in the next morning at 7. Often times you get called out for exams that could have waited until the morning. And keep in mind -
  more... you are sometimes driving 1hr + to your destination. It is not fun driving in the dark...tired...with deer coming out of the woods randomly...all at 3 a.m.

All this you put up with, along with poor road conditions in the winter and the potential to be hit by a driver. And here's the kicker...if you get hit you an not eligible for their "bonus" which is once a year and is a RANDOM drawing between 10+ employees. If you are lucky and get selected, you get a measly 100 dollars. What a joke. Raises are percent based and are mostly terrible. They do not cover the gross climb insurance prices have achieved over the last couple years. (The insurance plans are terrible, cigna is a joke of a company)

Pros...Well you work by yourself and helping the elderly can be a blessing. But for every elderly you help, there will be one that poops on your x-ray board...so there's that. Also sometimes the work is easy, especially if everyone is DOING THEIR JOB and contributing to the work list. If your coworkers suck (mine did) it will be terrible. The overtime pay can be nice, the only downside to it is the low starting wage (18 dollars here). So while most x-ray techs average 20+...you start at 18, and you have all the hazards of driving. You'd think they'd pay more.

Car maintenance is your job to do. And you have to take the van for oil changes and work regularly. Which can slow you down and cause overtime if work is busy.

Overall the job is OKAY for starting x-ray techs to get experience. And that's the audience they target. That way they don't have to pay as much.

Perhaps in a different area this job would be better - and with a better supervisor. Mine did absolutely nothing and failed to listen to employees request.
Pros
Decent experience. Independent work environment, get to help elderly.
Cons
everything listed above, honestly too much to type here.
Productive company high volume of customers for a call center
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 30, 2016
Very busy atmosphere and also sociable communicating with x-ray technologists on the road. Employees must be accurate with communicating with Nursing Homes and Technologists very fast-paced environment.
Cons
Breaks and lunches are very short
good work enviorment
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 16, 2016
co-workers, good management not enough hours, car, insurance ok
travel , not in a office , love working with the eldely ok ok ok
very busy, fast paced
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  central MAApril 13, 2016
Fast paced mobile environment, long hours
no coworkers, completely alone in the field
no feedback
lot of driving, long hours in the car in traffic
Unprofessional workplace
collections specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks Glencoe, MDDecember 11, 2015
Not a professional company at all. I worked in facility collections, the worst department in the company. Manager, supervisor, and director is very unprofessional. They keep a divisions amongst the department, there is no real unity there. The training is horrible and you are left alone to just figure your job out. Employees are overworked and turnover is high. There is absolutely no growth opportunities or room for advancement.Those that have been there the longest, you really have to watch out for. They do not want their workers to communicate to one another especially when its work related. Employees are not appreciated at all. Two hour coupons are a joke and an extra jean Day is not an employee appreciation gesture. The pay and raises, they are given annually which is the minimum 2%. You will be doing a job of several departments and the demand of you to make your quota is ridiculous. I recommend that your keep your options open.
Pros
There is a carry-out across from the company
Cons
overworked, lowpay, unprofessional environment, horrible training!
Secure Job when this company had established clients
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 3, 2015
Worked for this company for 6 years. Enjoyed the people I worked with and the attitude of the manager. Clients were appreciative and I enjoyed traveling to all areas of SE Michigan
I drive from my house to various locations to do the required exam.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Various cities in North MSOctober 13, 2015
I travel anywhere from 100 to 300 miles or more per day. Patience and paying attention to detail is vital in execution of this job. The management and co-workers are the best. We all get along with each other and cover for each other when necessary. The hardest part is when the patient is unable to comply with directions. This makes it a challenge to complete the exam. I enjoy being out and about and not being cooped up in an office. But I really enjoy seeing and meeting all of the patients and talking with them doing what I can to make them feel better.
Pros
Get to enjoy the weather and scenery as I drive. Great Benefits. Good pay.
Cons
Have to get out in the weather when it isn't so agreeable. Sometimes long travel times.
Great company!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 5, 2015
Being an Xray Technologist for MobileX is great because you get to travel all over the state and interact with so many different people. It's never the same thing every day. Different places, different cases, different staff members, it really keeps you on your toes and keeps things fresh. I never get bored working for MobileX.
Pros
Working with people, traveling
Cons
Being on call on weekends, long hours
Mobile Radiology is a great addition to nursing homes and assisted facilities
Staff technologist (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 22, 2015
I enjoyed my work at Mobilex but got permanently laid off due to budget cuts. They did not take senority into account with which I do not agree.
Well established company; keeps up with technology
Operations Supervisor/Lead Diagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 16, 2015
The location had poor management in place, and the staff had a very low level of morale. Teamwork and high productivity was not a priority for the staff
Pros
Not tied to a desk
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced fun working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 17, 2015
I learned about anatomy and how important it is to know each bone in the body. My co-workers are great they are always willing to help.
Pros
Accruing vaction time from first day of employment.
Cons
Healthcare
Busy
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 17, 2015
Busy being dispatched for xrays but the company really takes care of you. Company car, gas card, cell phone, and excellent pay.
Loved the Job and the duties it entailes.
MOBILE X-RAY TECH (Former Employee) –  Youngstown Ohio areaJuly 8, 2015
Loved doing Mobile Radiodraphy.Interacting with the nursing homes and their residents was very Rewarding The company was very supportative of me.The slow down in the type of work I do led me to be laid off. I understand the realities of any business and the justification of expenses dictating why decisions are made..
Pros
Enjoyed the ability to self motivate.
Cons
#-11 Shift is not conducive to a happy home life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mobilex USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6