MobilexUSA Employee Reviews

I Love Being A Phlebotomist
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 10, 2017
Been with this company for a few months and I like it. You get in your car and drive a lot. I like the freedom 2 get the job done with less supervision.
Pros
Experience and Pay
Cons
Driving
poor management and bully employees
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MDNovember 22, 2017
The management is extremely poor and many bad decisions made and thus company is doing poorly. Management tends to bully there employees and HR turns a blind eye
Ok place to work, not good for long term
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  MIOctober 31, 2017
The raises in this company need to be higher considering the occupational hazards that techs have to face on a daily basis such as driving through terrrible road conditions and combative patients.
Pros
great co workers, gain great knowledge working independently
Cons
inadequate raises, doesnt even cover cost of living.
Good for starter job. That's about it.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 27, 2017
This company is good as a starter job. They do not pay fair market wage for the job the require of you. Also, they have recently ended any match at all on the 401k. You are promised PTO and sick leave after 90 days. Never saw a single hour. Favoritism is not only shown from management to various employees, but to the companies serviced. You better hope you or a loved one doesn't end up in one of the "lower priority" nursing facilities, but with a retirement plan like the one they offer what other option will you have? Technologists are held to "productivity" standards and penalized for issues beyond their control. There is no incentive to do well, as even top performers never see a reward.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, benefits, work life balance
Management and Training
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2017
The training needs to be improved very disorganized. Management is misleading in pay and overall position. They like to throw individuals under the bus instead of taking responsibility for training. Company needs a lot of improvements.
A lot of driving
General/Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 22, 2017
In my area, it is not unusual to drive 200+ miles a day. The worst part about this job to me is the complete lack of ergonomics when you are finally able to scan a patient. You have to use whatever furniture is available in the patient room, and at some facilities, there is none. The most important thing I learned from this job is that proper ergonomics and patient positioning is a luxury. Adapting to unique patient situations in order to complete the exam is a must.
Pros
Driving is kind of like taking a break. Lots of hours if you want them
Cons
Lots of Driving, Poor Ergonomics, Often working over shift times
My advice for this job as a Radiologic Technologist
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 15, 2017
Unless you are in a desperate situation I would not suggest working for this company. They expect you to be at their beck and call 24/7 and respond to the patient regardless of hours you have already worked during the Working Day. The call is ridiculous as you may be called in the middle of the night to do a simple hand x-ray. The driving is unrealistic as you may drive 300 miles per shift easily. Although they want you to be independent there are serious micro management supervisors that are watching every move you make during the Working Day. The pay is extremely low compared to the average salary and the work is twice as hard. If you love the field of radiology this is not a place that you will feel fulfilled in your career.
Pros
Vacation time, sick time
Cons
Out of date Equipment, troubleshooting constantly, low pay, very difficult patients, no radiation protection applied, not getting quality images with equipment
Poor management
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2017
Main company and supervisors are located out of state, very difficult to have issues addressed or take time off. The coverage area was very large and would often spend over 12 hours a day driving to facilities.
Pros
Work alone at your own pace
Mobilex USA
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 3, 2017
Pretty decent place to work if you have thick skin. Benefits are decent but you need to have your own motivation to get your work done. Pretty cut-throat in regards to other employees.
Pros
benefits, stable work schedule
Cons
management, employees that gossip
Not for everyone
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2017
If you like call nights and out till 4am and cut hours and low wages,then this job is for you. Management is barely around. The positives of the job is work at your own pace.
company vehicle
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Mobilex home xray same place review is lengthy company vehicle phone telerad hand dipping no fun like being out of doors need 30 more characters would work again there
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
chemical developing
xray technologist
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2017
its a good place to work, I am not stuck in 1 place since i travel to different facilities to do x-rays. the only down side is that there is not room for advancement.
Terrible work place
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 27, 2017
If you like to work for a place that's disorganized, poor management, low pay, and short staffed to the max. Please apply. Managers will never help no matter how busy you may be. They will sit in their office and demand you work mandatory over time and in turn question why you have overtime. Absolutely terrible! ZERO RAISES no job performance reviews.
Upper management will do everything possible to avoid you. Will not answer phone calls, texts or emails.
Cons
Management and terrible pay
Good for those that like working independently
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45240August 14, 2017
Once I got the hang of where the places i needed to go to where and how to gain entry, the job was very low stress and, for the most part, quite enjoyable.
As long as you have around the expected quota, you get no complaints from management.
Pros
independence, company vehicle, gas card
Cons
patients are generally sickest of the sick. Unable to leave the facility, that's why the need for mobile exams. Patients usually challenging to position/manipulate.
Rewarding, independent career
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 9, 2017
I have worked for Mobilex for over 20 years. I have a great manager who appreciates a strong work ethic. This job is for someone who can work independently and without hand holding.
There is flexibility allowing for good work/family life balance. Sure, I work hard but isn't that what I get paid to do? I don't expect recognition for coming to work and doing my job every day. That is what I was hired to do. We work in long term care facilities and it is rewarding to be able to provide a service to patients in their own comfort zone and brighten their day with a few kind words. This is a great job! I have independence and freedom and never get bored. There are new challenges and different places to go every day. I have a company vehicle that I keep at my home and I start my day with all of the tools I need right out of my driveway. I have a fleet card that covers gas and car repairs! No need to use my personal vehicle ever.
Pros
Great management, independence, versatility
Poor communication and unsafe vehicles
MobilexUSA Diagnostic Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
The equipment was not up to par in regards to diagnostics and I always needed to put my company car in the shop. I was constantly on the phone with IT and working overtime when I arrived home and was not compensated for most of it or I was questioned as if I were not telling the truth. The equipment was slow and management was very rude and had no regard for employees with families.
Company needs a lot of improvement
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 4, 2017
I like the work itself. I think it has made me a better tech, you do a lot of trauma positioning. But WOW the company really needs to get it together. They can't keep employees for so many different reasons. I constantly feel overworked and underappreciated and I know I'm not the only one.

Junk equipment, extremely outdated. They literally have some x-ray machines going on 20 years old. Because of this something is ALWAYS going down. Which is frustrating because you work alone and something going down puts you out of work potentially for the entire day if not the next day as well.

Pretty much no training. I was taught how to use my machine and that's it. Had to figure out the computer, paperwork and everything else by myself. Then management gets mad when you don't know how to do something. I had to actually ASK for my computer logins, my radiation badge, and my even sign on bonus I was promised. Oh, and it took 6 months to get my name badge.

Even though you work independently you still communicate pretty heavily with your coworkers. Everyone I've worked with (besides management) has been very friendly.

The workload is crazy. They expect way too much out of one person. Which leads to extreme amounts of overtime. Which is good and bad. Decent money, but very stressful. I've had 65-70 hour weeks. You are on call quite a lot which sucks. Nights and weekends. Facilities like to put in fake stat cases which is very frustrating when you have to drop what you are doing and sometimes drive over an hour to go do it. To be fair I'm sure the workload depends on what area
  more... you are working in, though.  less
Pros
independence, friendly coworkers, always overtime
Cons
call, workload, management, junk equipment
Job offers plenty of freedom but requires call time.
Field X-ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 4, 2017
Overall it's a good company to work for. On the lower end of the x-ray pay scale. It's a 24/7 job, so lots of call is required w/no night shift tech available to help alleviate sixteen hour days. Gets more difficult w/increasing age.
Pros
Job offers a lot of freedom as long as you accomplish all of your tasks in a timely manner.
Cons
Very little gratitude show by the supervisors and higher ups, Small cost of living increase only every 18 mos. based on job performance.
unlimited financial support
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 2, 2017
mobilexusa is a great place to make money but there is a few things that would make it a better place. i enjoyed not being on the phones back to back. its not all such much of a face paced job they more rely on accuracy. they is plenty of overtime available but sometimes its not easy to get the shift you want or the shift you need.
Fast paced with independence
Rad Tech (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 17, 2017
Busy most days. If you like working independently and are able to do so productively, this job is fantastic. If you are a good problem solver and enjoy the freedom of working alone without being micro managed, this is a great opportunity.
Pros
minimal supervision for those who are productive
Cons
some days can be long