MOD Pizza Employee Reviews

Loved it until management changed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CADecember 15, 2017
Started working there and I loved my job and my coworkers were great but once the management changed everything went downhill with how the employees were being treated

and HR didn't seem to really care about the fact that the management of my store had inappropriately communicated with me which I had proof of
Pros
You get to meet cool people
Cons
power tripping captains, HR opperations, and the GM's/DM's
Fun place to grow and have a sense of individuality.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CADecember 13, 2017
MOD Pizza was easily my favorite place to work. They are supportive, fun and are willing to work with individuals instead of against them. Would work for them again in a heart beat.
Fun and stressful
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 12, 2017
The job was great until you wanted into management. Once you got to management you had high expectations and no help from your district manager and advancing past that is almost impossible unless youre a favorite and a male.
Pros
Free lunch. 50% discount. Benefita
Fast paced enjoyable somewhat difficult job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIDecember 10, 2017
Typical day can be busy slow down to steady then slow
I’ve learned a bunch of things I never knew now I can take that with me somewhere else . I think management could of been better lack of communication
Honestly hardest part is the customers I don’t think they realize are job isn’t that easy you have to be fast and quick
I do enjoy the co workers we really are a team & so friendly
Pros
You can be your self their they don’t care if you have tattoos and have awesome uniform shirts
Cons
No benefits
Fast Paced, Open to everyones backgrounds
Squad Member (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 6, 2017
Really fun, met a lot of great people working here. Management at my specific location was not great, but overall is very good to its employees. Awesome health coverage and very accepting of all backgrounds. Will hire you even if you have felonies. Pretty fun job for fast food.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity for growth, fun environment
Cons
No opportunity for overtime
Its a fun relaxed enviroment
Mod Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 6, 2017
MOD pizza is a great place to work. The food quality is great and the people i work with are good people. The hardest part of the job was learning what goes on the specialty pizzas. It is very team oriented.
awesome coworkers, good benefits, bad management.
Captain (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2017
An average day can be fast or slow, which never is a problem. You'll learn everything from cooking pizzas to washing dishes. The environment is fantastic and the people are amazing. The only downside is management and thats pretty much a coin flip depending on which store you work at.
Pros
paid lunches, good benefits
Cons
management
Poor management
customer service for pizza chain (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2017
Manager was very unorganized and made it difficult to work there. I would not recommend working here to a friend because of the current management situation.
productive and fun working place
Captain/AllStar (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 1, 2017
MOD Pizza provides a $10 pizza with a $20 experience to their customers and they really know how to take care of their employees. It's a very fast pace work environment and its fun too.
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 29, 2017
The environment is a welcoming one. My coworkers made me feel like I was family. This job is not complicated, all you need to do is make sure you memorize what goes on your pizzas. Once you have that everything is easy. Even on stressful days.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Not bad
Captain (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 29, 2017
Hours are based on how hard you work, same with promotions. Work hard and get rewarded. Loved the environment. Took this job just to kinda take a little break from everything and it did it’s job
Pros
Cool environment and nice people
Cons
Not someplace I wanted to stay
some of the people that work for MOD are amazing.. but there is a majority that make it really stressull and impossible
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 28, 2017
good for temp work but don't stay to long!! upper management only cares about growth and not the way their employees feel or how they are treated.. most problems are left unattended to
Pros
free meal
Cons
good luck every having a day off
I had a good time while it lasted.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kildeer, ILNovember 27, 2017
Unfortunately I didn't stay long enough. Mod is only for a certain amount of people and I'm not one of them. The company lacks ways to properly train upcoming managers. Something must be done about training and hirig process.
Fun work place
All Star (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 25, 2017
Great place to bring your family and friends to enjoy a great time. Employee are always fun to talk with, and great place to meet new people, and to just get out of the house.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fast-paced and entertaining work environment with consistent results.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MINovember 22, 2017
A day at MOD consists of a relaxed work environment while still being expected to do your part. The employees and customers both are generally happy to be at MOD. I learned a great deal about teamwork at MOD Pizza.
The Company itself is phenomenal and its values are what you hope to find
Mod Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 14, 2017
Employees and Management.... HORRIBLE attitudes. Constantly finding new ways to cause drama, get into each other's lives, talks behind your back, etc. The customers were some of the best I've ever met.
The music and food is incredible. Trust me, I would not want to be a new hire at the location in which I worked, ever again.
Pros
Free food, good pay, great repeat customers
Cons
Short breaks, constantly being degraded and talked about, WAY WAY WAY too much drama.
Fun work environment
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 14, 2017
A fast paced work environment, has a very positive and energetic feel to it. Hardest part was getting things situated with management as I worked in the first store in my state and wasn't put together all to well. Best part was the people I worked with, the overall set up of the store and the uniqueness that it has.
Pros
fun, pay isn't bad
Cons
management, training not the best
Good for a temporary job.
Squad Member (Current Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDNovember 13, 2017
They make it seem like you're a wonderful part of the team, the workers are fine and make the job fun. But the management plain and simple, does not care about you. You'll give them certain times you can only work, only to be ignored and scheduled for excessive hours that draining.

A typical day at work has you serving and making pizza for customers, but at times the customers are so angry if you make one simple mistake; It's only pizza.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Stressful work environment
Fun
SQUAD MEMBER/ ALL STAR TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CANovember 9, 2017
Its Great. I enjoyed everyone I worked with, and every boss I had. The environment was great, and very balanced. Even on the busiest nights we had fun.
Minimum wage job dressed up for the dance.
Hourly Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
This place is good at face value. Decent benefits and minimum pay. The thing they don't tell you is that you are going to be stuck at the same rate of pay and job title regardless of how talented they tell you you are. This place, at least in Austin, is a joke. If you are looking for 12.50 an hour and nothing else then this is the place for you!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Two face bosses. "Carrot on String" staff development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOD Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.