Moda Health Employee Reviews

Great learning experience only
Dental customer service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 23, 2017
Rules apply to some not all. Examples made of employees regularly very little praise. 60 or 30 minute lunches were never the full time. If you left at 130 you would have to click in at 159 or 229 or you were late no excuses excepted.
Benefits
Cons
Unless you are management you are treated unfairly
med customer service rep
Medical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2017
heavy call center environment, must have knowledge of health care and patient access information must familiarize themselves with ICD-10 and rx codes
n/a
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2017
pretty relaxed.
flex schedule is the best/benefits pretty good.
department needs more organization.
a lot of opportunity for growth here.
pay is not the best.
great to be able to work from home.
Dental Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 7, 2017
Moda is a very micro managing company which can be a bit suffocating if you work in office but they do allow work from home for some depts. which I do and as long as you do your job and meet your stats etc, makes for a much better working day.
They provided a yearly company picnic and a Christmas party and bonus
Pros
good benefits, company picnic, yearly bonus
Cons
very strict point system, micro manage employees
Moda
Healthcare Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 31, 2017
Very community oriented and many employee appreciation. Moda strives to be better with their members, community and as a health plan. Many employees are veterans of 5+ years.
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJuly 27, 2017
Not the best company to work for. Trainers are awesome. Supervisors play favorites and have different rules for different people. Every move you make is timed and to use the restroom will kill your adherence. Attendance is based on points and when life happens you pay big time. Tons of verbal abuse from members and providers alike and the pay isn't worth it. At this point I'm only here because I need a job. Great group of co-workers I work with though. They make it worth coming in every day. Certainly not the mgmt. or pay.
Pros
Christmas bonus, summer picnic
Cons
adherence, attendance points, Poverty wages
good experience
Large Group Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2017
Moda is a nice place to work. My co-workers are really nice. I had good experience working there. I have made some very good friends. I have really good views.
Quiet Work Environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 5, 2017
A normal work day as a receptionist at this company is extremely boring: lack of work/low call volume. You are basically on your own island trying to survive an 8 hour work day. The hardest part of the job is staying productive when there is little to no work. I have even taken on tasks from others to stay productive. Workplace culture can be fun at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in to work and being able to see those who understand your situation and help you grow from it.
Pros
Benefits, Food variety downtown, gaining office experience..
Cons
Strict for receptionist, low pay
Workweek / Salary
Provider Demographic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 13, 2017
Flex hours, can start work anytime between 6-9AM, full workweek is consistent of 37.5 hours a week.

Downsides are that Moda Health is not very competitive with pay in consideration to other healthcare companies.
Good work environment for fast paced work
Web Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 5, 2017
Moda Health is an insurance company that provides great health benefits to individuals and employee benefits. The management is great and works hard to come together to create a team amongst all departments.
Great way to get your foot in the door of the health insurance industry
Various (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 1, 2017
Moda Health has a great company culture. However, the pay is low. The job duties you will have are vast and, in other companies, are usually handled by a team of people. There are quite a few duties within the company that are handled by a single person. If that person is out that day, there isn't a fallback plan.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Low Pay
Medical Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2017
This work place has great trainers. They have advancement opportunities in the work place. You're Paid Time Off starts the day you start. It is an overall okay place to work.
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMay 23, 2017
Call center environment with rude customers. It's very overwhelming to talk to such nasty people all day. Supervisors are micro-managers. Every minute you're logged in is tracked and if you are late to lunches,breaks, need to use the bathroom, etc. you get bad "adherence" percentages. Lots of unhealthy people work here. It's hard to look at all these smokers and obese people everyday. Management plays favorites. Management also socializes more than works. Every other department treated customer service like garbage. You send a claim back for adjustment and claims processor will send back a snippy response as if you're an imbecile for not realizing the way it originally processed was right. They claim they love to promote but all I see is people who have been working in the same CS department for 5+ years.
Pros
Mon-fri schedule
Cons
Despite the unorganized training and work overload the people were very friendly
BILLING & ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2017
Working at Moda, for me was not a pleasant experience. The workload was very overwhelming for many and the training was very unorganized and management was not helpful.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Very unorganized
Don't work here
Membership Account Services (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2017
Horrible place to work. Dirty environment, worst supervisors and training. Very low pay for the level of work that I did. Unfair treatment and hard to advance.
Stressful Enviroment
Medical Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 30, 2017
very hectic call center with a lot of pressure
a lot of unsatisfied customer's and angry calls ,
not much satisfaction in the job or the feeling of being appreciated
Pros
I had a couple of very good supervisors
Cons
alot of people spent their time socializing instead of working
Worst company ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 19, 2017
I worked there for almost 7 months & it was the most pickiest job ever. You can't use the bathroom without asking, you're glued to your desk. They clock everything you do. Management picks favorites. If you are more than 2 minutes late they give you attendance points. If you call out that is added on to your attendance points . & you only get 7.5 a year. Once you hit that. You're out! No excuses. If you don't email management back or don't respect them how they want you too, you're also fired. Horrible communication between regular employees & management. & when you do get a raise it's only 27 cents. Do not work here unless you want to answer 200 calls a day & be glued to your desk without any permissions to do anything.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Management, communication, everything
Enjoyable place to work
Medical Claims Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 18, 2017
I data entered anywhere from 80-300 medical claims a day depending on the type of claim. It was a very enjoyable place to work with wonderfully friendly people. I was involved in many of the activities and raffles, pot lucks and employee birthday celebrations. I enjoyed seeing the different and unique names listed on the claims. The toughest part of the job was when they raised the amount of claims expected to be entered daily to an amount that was almost impossible to achieve.
Pros
Yearly Bonus
Cons
uncomfortable break room chairs
Great place to work!
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 14, 2017
I worked for Moda Health for 2 years and had a great experience! From the very beginning I was very impressed with the in depth training I received to be prepared for my position. I always felt like I could ask questions when they came up and I felt extremely supported by my supervisor and the team I worked on. There were also lots of options for continued growth within the company and the pay and benefits were good. Our team grew together through challenging times in Health Insurance and I was sad to move out of state and have to leave the company.
Pros
Every Friday is casual day!
Cons
The challenge of engaging the satellite offices
Worst IT department
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2017
I left this job after eight months. Corrupt from the head down. HR is only there for the company. Had to threaten legal action to get what was legally owed to me. Sad case, and one I look back on when times are tough as a bar for tough times.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else