Moda Health Employee Reviews

Management is very poor.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 4, 2015
Working here is fine on the day to day. What smacks of ineptitude is how top heavy the company is and how inefficient the leadership has become.
Pros
Flexible hours, relaxed working environment
Cons
The top levels of management do not inspire confidence.
Moda Health Rocks!
Sales & Service Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 30, 2015
I only wish I would be able to keep working for this company until I retire. Great boss, coworkers and company. I hope when you start to sell in Washington again I can come back to Moda.
Poor Management - great co-workers
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 23, 2015
Very monotonous type of work. The leadership and management are not helpful and often be-little co-workers under them. The upside is you can work from home and there is a flex schedule available. They also offer free coffee and tea for people who work in the office.
Pros
work from home program- flex schedule
Cons
management/leadership doesn't care
great benefits
Medical Claim Processor (Current Employee) –  La Grande OregonJuly 30, 2015
Moda Health, has great benefits, including medical, vision, dental. Great 401K.
The best thing about working at Moda Health, is being able to work from home. I have great co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits, being able to work from home
Cons
Pay is not the best.
na
Customer Service Rep Individual/Muni Ak (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeJuly 15, 2015
It was an interesting experience with them...having to take allot of phone calls and learning how to help upset members. My Co-workers are great. Management is wonderful in an all around way.
No Comment
Training and Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonJune 28, 2015
Not at this time - Great people work here! - Sadly they will be streamlining and outsourcing..

There's really nothing else I can say. I did advance quickly, loved my job, and team.

They do have flexible schedules,always hiring, because they cannot support the staff correctly.

I prefer a positive - happy lifestyle, work life balance - with a strong determination to do a great job, teach and support others with a purpose with like minded people.
Worse job ever
Ardon (Former Employee) –  PortlandJune 2, 2015
Boring, no challenge, poor training. If you enjoy hearing the pharmacists talk about food and clothes all day then you might enjoy it. Would not recommend.
Moda
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 22, 2015
Arrive early to work. Usually leave on time. I have learned a lot about SQL, EDI, and Scheduling software. Also, Perl, Python, Powershell and other scripting languages. Management is very top down and pretty old school and does not communicate down to the worker level very good. They are pretty fair and flexible, but promotions and rewards for good performance is not rewarded. Co workers are fine, but the team environment does not exist. Everyone does their own thing and it makes it difficult to make friends at the office. The hardest part of the job are the deadlines due to bad project planning. I really enjoy working with the scripting languages and watching my solutions function and provide value added services to the company.
Pros
Good starting pay. working with lots of tools and new issues every day.
Cons
Long hours due to unreal deadlines.
Great Place
Medical Provider Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2015
Great place to work at, awesome HR team that is always super quick to help you when you need it. Management is pretty cool, CEO and higher ups seem pretty chill. "Find a job you enjoy working at and you won't have to work a day in your life" this place is pretty close to that saying. At least to me.
Pros
FLEX TIME!!!
Cons
Could be payed more? But thats like any other job you work at
Positive company, employees and work environment
Medical Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORApril 28, 2015
MODA is a great company that truly exemplifies their mission statement. They have many employees who have been there for 10+ years.
The flex schedule is a great benefit as well as the benefits. My unit, supervisor, and house manager are all approachable and instrumental in being a better employee and member of the community.
The hardest part of the job would be the physical aspect of sitting all day is hard on your body.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are in charge of your schedule, how far you can advance and all the community events and charities that are presented within the office. There are fun competitions and opportunities for Blazer fans.
Overall fun place to work, People were friendly and helpful. Benefits were great along with the 401K and loved the end of year bonus.
Medical/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2015
Overall fun place to work, People were friendly and helpful. Benefits were great along with the 401K and loved the end of year bonus!!
Pros
Dependable place to work, people friendly, great benefits
Cons
no future training offered if my present job- Medical Data Entry ended.
Job responsibilities did not match
Individual and Medicare Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day would have started with reviewing my emails and voice messages to determine what the hot issues of the day would be. I would answer member and agent emails after review the various issues that they were experiencing. I would make contact with the Billing and Eligibility team to determine what caused the issue and how we could resolve it. I would then follow up with the member and agent. I answered incoming calls from members and agents and answered questions regarding benefits and membership status. I ran book of business reports for agent. I assisted walk in members who either wanted to enroll or to have issues with claims and billing resolved. I wrote procedures for the department and trained new employees.

I also, on occasion, manned the Moda Health table at various health fairs and manned the Moda Health table at the Moda Center during Blazer Games. I represented Moda Health at large employer group benefit fairs and presented Moda Health benefit changes to Public Employee Retirees during their open enrollment period.

I was a key member of the Sales team. I enjoyed working for Moda and the Sales team and regretted having to leave them. I had a good relationship with my supervisor and respected her for her dedication to our team.
Pros
the experience
Cons
i was not able to perform the duties of the job in which i was hired to do, because the company could not handle the influx of membership form the affordable care act.
Billing and Eligibility Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2015
At the time I was employed our department was severely understaffed and I had to work OT every week. Management did not care much for an individual. I loved the people I worked with. I loved what I did within the company. They have since hired more people and things are running smoothly.
Great company but the work load needs to be distributed a bit better
Billing & Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2015
The people are wonderful and caring. The Job stress it a bit overloaded. Very structured, but, with insurance you have to be. There is an extensive, very good, training class.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
need more people
Case Manager
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  portland, oregonJanuary 16, 2015
Love working for Moda. Great training, good collaborative environment. Love the productivity and support from management. Very organized and member oriented. The managers are great and really care about their staff. Beautiful building to work in and nice area of downtown Portland.
Pros
location is awesome, supportive environment
Cons
expensive parking
Great Collegues
Marketing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonDecember 8, 2014
Great people and collegues. Close to max and transit centers.
Pros
great people and collegues
Cons
close to max and transit centers
I have tried to get a position in dental, wow
Want to get in (Former Employee) –  Downtown PortlandDecember 2, 2014
I really do feel that Moda is a very prejudice place, If you are not white, being black no chance of getting in. I have 30 years or more in dental processing claims and even train new employees claim processing, terminology, policy, products and adjudication. I have
customer service that comes along in the dental world. I also have medical claims processing along with verifying explaining benefits and deductible how it applies.

I had a phone interview a month ago with HR Assistant her English was so broken I had to ask her to repeat the question. I understand why no one call me for a interview it wasn't that I was not experienced enough and understood, it look as if she based it on me asking her to repeat the question she couldn't speak correct English.

I really do want to work here but the assistant in HR based her decision on how she talk with her broken English.

I will continue to apply, everyday if needed.
Not the best place to work unless you really like mandatory overtime
HealthCare services (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 13, 2014
Loved the flextime. Did not like working mandatory overtime. Enjoyed coworkers. Wish management would listen better.
Fantastic Company
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 18, 2014
The only reason I'm leaving Moda is for relocation out-of-state
This company's compensation and benefits for thw work you do is great,. They offer raffles for several sporting event, the discounts with Adidas, Columbia, and several other local businesses as well as nationwide discounts.
The atmosphere and the coworkers are the best I've ever had.
great co-workers terrible management communication
Medical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 2, 2014
The job is monotonous OK pay but they work you a lot. Great coworkers poor communication between the management and other departments.