MODEL Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Scout (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahOctober 23, 2017
Great company to work for and random hours but great pay for each job. Work with different people with different types of jobs and great experiences that can benefit in many areas.
Pros
Different jobs
Cons
Random scheduling
Leader, Renaissance Man, Creative, Designer
Freelance Model (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 9, 2017
I need a job where my eclectic taste for aesthetic purposes is valued. I can't afford to be turned into another robot amidst this technological boom..
Childhood Modeling
Actor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 26, 2017
It's extremely competitive. I was a child model / actor. I did several shoots, a movie, run way, and a t.v. show and I barely scratched the surface. If you want to get into business be a light house on a stormy night. Other wise you will get lost out in the vast ocean of other talent.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
it's extremely competitive.
Love Working for Myself and with Modeling Agencies
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I cannot review myself here, but I can say that working with modeling agencies is awesome. They book you on go-see's or just book you direct to work. They have great photographers for your comp cards to get you some of the best paid positions, from commercial print work to runway shows. I love everything about this industry. It is always a new adventure with creative minds everyplace. High income opportunities but you must be very thick-skinned.
Pros
Flexibility, Adventure, High Income
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 17, 2017
• Maintained product knowledge of current sales, promotions, and policies from the store.
• Responded to customer questions and requests in a prompt and efficient manner.
Just a hobby
MODEL MAYHEM FREELANCE, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 10, 2017
I was originally doing this as a hobby while I was in school but after doing a few shoots, it became more fun meeting all the new people and seeing all the ideas after the photos were finished. It did take up a bit of time on weekends and such but the experience made it all worth it.
Great Family Atmosphere
Design Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXJuly 8, 2017
If I had my way I would not leave Coastal Building Inspections and Engineering They are a great small business specializing in windstorm engineering. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing windstorm engineering.
Modeling
Walk Coach (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 31, 2017
My typical day would be practicing and going to rehearsals 2 times out of about 4 weeks before the official show. It was a very exciting and outgoing experience and also a good way to get to know other people. Walking in the clothes of upcoming and well known designers of many cultured backgrounds was also a good outlook to learn about peoples ways and what really inspired them. In my opinion nothing was really hard.
A work place
Homier Distributing Company (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INMay 24, 2017
Working at homier as a model was definitely a fun job, however it was extremely stressful and most of the time hard to work for the company. They do not treat everyone with the same respect as they give some of the other coworkers. Yes, the hours were great and most of the people you work with are great, but all around it was basically just a job till i could find a better one.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
yet best job opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Portland, ME 04106May 20, 2017
I got to work with great sales, I love it so much because I got to make a lot of customers happy. Also I am good at selling products/ clothes/ etc. I was recognized by the store manager as the best sales.
An artistic expression.
Model (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2017
Modeling is all about conveying a certain image to a certain theme, and working with a team to achieve the desired look intended for the shoot. It requires patience, understanding, and the ability to sometimes go outside of your comfort zone to make everything come together as planned. You can snap 1,000 pictures and potentially only have 1 or 2 that come out the right way, sometimes it can take hours to achieve a look that is only captured through many peoples' efforts but made to look effortless and natural. Every part of modeling has been enjoyable for me
Pros
Meeting new people, making art
Cons
freezing in cold outdoor photoshoots
Model/Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 4, 2017
Folding clothes, helping customers, cleaning
I learned valuable skills to be professional, polite and outgoing
Very diverse work culture
Hardest part was around busy times
enjoyable part was the friendships created
Work your own hours, have fun and charge what you want
Independent Contractor Model (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2017
This was a very fun job with flexible hours but it isnt guaranteed that you will make enough money to get by. Success is based purely on luck with no chance to move up in the company.
Pros
fun, flexible hours, charge what you want
Cons
no benefits, no guaranteed pay, no boss to ask for help
Travel all over the world appeared in magazines
Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
As a model I traveled to different parts of the world to do photo shoots and runway shows for a vast array of designers. I also appeared on all the morning network shows, a few prime time evening shows and movies(SAG). I participated in tons of fundraisers for different charities.
Posing in front of a camera to advertise a product.
Modeling (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be a 2 hour photo shoot of me trying on different clothing, traveling to different locations to advertise that market. I learned how to properly talk to people to make the work experience great. Management wasn't really involved, it was more up to the model to advertise themselves. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of booking, sometimes you just don't have the look. The most enjoyable part was being ale to travel and meet so many new and interesting people.
Pros
Free clothing and photos
Cons
Inconsistency Booking
Lack of hours but fun
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 16, 2017
DO it as a side job. don't expect to pay bills unless you're a manager. I worked there about 8 hours a week if I was lucky. So good luck on making it progress there.
Great having my own schedule
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2017
It was great being my own boss and having my own work schedule, but along with that came a headache as well if stores had moved onto other products then I would lose clients. The market was getting very competetive in the electronic cigarette business.
Pros
Being my own boss
Cons
Having only sales salary
Tedious
Sales Rep, Abercrombie&Fitch (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2016
Overall the wages were way too low for all the excess work that associates had to put in, no one ever received a raise even after years of working at the company.
Pros
Na
Cons
low wages, coworkers didnt show up for work
Creative designs and exploring new ways to create beauty
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 19, 2016
ModelHomes is a home staging and interior design business that I started back in 2009. It allows me to satisfy the clients with my ability to stage or decorate their home or office in a way that reflects who they are. I love to work with people and enjoy the satisfaction it brings when after dealing with me they are happier. Customer service is what I specialize in. I understand what it takes to make the customers happy and to keep their business. Working at ModelHomes allows me to express my creative side and bring a smile to the customers face!
Pros
Shop for a living!
Cons
No project-No pay
Model
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2016
I love my flexible schedule. I am able to do other things that pertain to modeling by creating my own schedule. I love doing photo shoots and expressing myself through movement and posing.