MODEL Employee Reviews

Posing in front of a camera to advertise a product.
Modeling (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be a 2 hour photo shoot of me trying on different clothing, traveling to different locations to advertise that market. I learned how to properly talk to people to make the work experience great. Management wasn't really involved, it was more up to the model to advertise themselves. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of booking, sometimes you just don't have the look. The most enjoyable part was being ale to travel and meet so many new and interesting people.
Pros
Free clothing and photos
Cons
Inconsistency Booking
Creative designs and exploring new ways to create beauty
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 19, 2016
ModelHomes is a home staging and interior design business that I started back in 2009. It allows me to satisfy the clients with my ability to stage or decorate their home or office in a way that reflects who they are. I love to work with people and enjoy the satisfaction it brings when after dealing with me they are happier. Customer service is what I specialize in. I understand what it takes to make the customers happy and to keep their business. Working at ModelHomes allows me to express my creative side and bring a smile to the customers face!
Pros
Shop for a living!
Cons
No project-No pay
Flexible hours, reasonable time frame for work.
Model (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MONovember 15, 2016
I was sent at least 10 pieces of a collection at a time, we both agreed on possible locations that would accentuate the garments, and I was able to style each piece with my own vintage flair. I took all the pictures and edited them myself, sent them off, and they are now part of the company's LookBook as well as advertisements on their social media platforms.
Great having my own schedule
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2017
It was great being my own boss and having my own work schedule, but along with that came a headache as well if stores had moved onto other products then I would lose clients. The market was getting very competetive in the electronic cigarette business.
Pros
Being my own boss
Cons
Having only sales salary
Hollister
Sales/ Cash Register (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2016
I loved working at Hollister. I wear flip-flops on a daily so any work place willing to pay me to work while in flip-flops is always awesome. I got to meet lovely people while working at Hollister. I enjoyed the work and the music that we were forced to listen to everyday from open till close.
I love to work at Hollister again.
Pros
casual wear, nice discount, amazing work atmosphere
Cons
certain managers were stuck up
Modeling
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2016
I make sure that tourist in Las Vegas have the best experience possible. Even though I have to deal with a lot of drunks and disrespectful people, I manage to have discernment on what to do on each given situation.
I truly enjoy being around so many cultures in a daily basis, I learn a lot every day.
Tedious
Sales Rep, Abercrombie&Fitch (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2016
Overall the wages were way too low for all the excess work that associates had to put in, no one ever received a raise even after years of working at the company.
Pros
NA
Cons
low wages, coworkers didnt show up for work
Flexible and do the work you want!
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 8, 2016
This is a very flexible job.
You only do the things that you are interested in.
You go at your pace and style.
The advantage with this is you can typically do this as a side job and still have a 9 to 5 job.
the photographer and you develop a close relationship and may provide other jobs.
Many opportunities to network.
Ect.
Disadvantages are not a reliable source of income unless contracted.
Not a lot of opportunities in my area.
Can be a high risk job with scams and fishy photographers.
Model/Sales associate
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 14, 2016
Working around clothes is always fun. Greeting customers. Fun upbeat environment never a dull moment. The discount was not great. And you had to wear their clothes which were already expensive.
fun, travel experience, fashion integrated, independent business, unpreictable
Model (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
Modeling is amazing, I couldn't be more grateful to have had the experience. I have been able to fly all around the world, meet amazing people, see the most beautiful things. I would never take back this experience. It has made me such a strong and independent woman with great work ethic. Though Im only 21 I have experienced so much through this career and have so much more in life to go.
Pros
make lots of income, travel, amazing experiences
Cons
not knowing when you will recieve money, no health care or benefits, unhealthy
Lack of hours but fun
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 16, 2017
DO it as a side job. don't expect to pay bills unless you're a manager. I worked there about 8 hours a week if I was lucky. So good luck on making it progress there.
Model
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2016
I love my flexible schedule. I am able to do other things that pertain to modeling by creating my own schedule. I love doing photo shoots and expressing myself through movement and posing.
Flexible work hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 29, 2016
The main point of the job was to make sure the store looked as neat as possible at all times and to model their clothes for the customers. Management gave little direction but had a very strict dress code policy. Associates had to wear and pay for specific items in the store i order to receive hours at work. The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was very expensive to keep up with the dress code. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my wardrobe upgraded tremendously.
fun and productive
model (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
The model agency is understanding of work schedule and helped with getting castings throughout the week and accommodating my schedule.
Wide variety of opportunities
Free-lance modeling (Current Employee) –  GuamJuly 12, 2016
I've worked with many different companies as a free-lance model. I enjoyed each and every one of them since I was able to meet new people and make new connections.
cool job
posed for pictures (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 5, 2016
I would work with an agency who would book me jobs with companies looking for a girl to help model for them. It was a pretty cool experience
Great group of intelligent people!
Fred Meyer/Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 26, 2016
As an in-store operations intern you learn all of the software, procedures, rules, regulations, jobs, ETC. Involved in running a store. Periodically you work at corporate going to meetings or public events. My main manager worked at headquarters. You are expected to be a self-starter with only a foundation that is given to you for which to build on. Store management was there to help and I could email my main manager anytime. In the end you have an open ended project which needs to culminate into something that has helped increase sales, customer service, etc. You are free to learn as much as you want if you only ask. The other interns are also great people and as long as you work it will be a lot of fun!
Pros
People are willing to let you shadow them, Public events with other interns, Make connections and friends, Learn as much as you want
Cons
Sometimes communication was hard being out in the field, Creating own intern project was stressful
Fun Work Place
Under Armour Women's Apparel for Sales Meetings (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2016
Love working with Under Armour. Love the work environment and is very enjoyable being able to fit the clothing and show the features.
Pros
Free lunch
Carl Roger DeForest Job's Summary
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
I Enjoy Working Seeing New Faces Every Days, Putting Smile On Customer Face. My Co Worker Always Enjoy Working With Me. Working At American Commodore Tuxedo For 4 Years There Beem Times When We Was Back Up Where We Would Have To Stay Late To Help Other Department, Or Come In Early. There Been Times That I Work 3 Different Station To Help Other Department Catch Up On The Order That Must Be Completed...
I Learned That Even If You Are The Best/Greatest Worker You Can Still Get Lay off. The Most Enjoyable Part of American Commodore Job Was That We Have Holidays Dinner With The Worker At Work.
Pros
Work, Getting Some Income
Cons
American Commodore Tuxedo, Paycheck To Paycheck
Very judgemental retail store
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 26, 2015
I worked at Abercrombie for over 2 years and did enjoy this job to an extent. I did not agree with the company's policy, because every girl was exactly the same, no diversity at all. However, I did get employee of the month over 1 month. The most enjoyable part of this job was making sure all the customers walked out happy.
Pros
Half off clothing
Cons
store closed and I got 1 weeks notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MODEL. Our community is ready to answer.

88%