MODEL Employee Reviews in United States

self employed model/brand ambassador/product specialist
Self-employed Actress (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2015
A typical day at work starts with learning the products I am promoting and selling. I learned a lot about different companies that I worked for. Hyundai taught me about the wind turbine industry, chevrolet and GMC taught me about the innovations of the auto industry, and I learned so much about what makes particular products easy to market. I felt I had an amazing rapport with my various co-workers. Every job was a little different, but my favorite part was always interacting with new consumers and teaching them information about the products I was promoting. I love building trusting business relationships and being an integral part of supporting my sales and promotional teams.
Pros
always moving around, new environments, travel
Cons
inconsistent work, data entry can be a bit dulling
Enjoyable company to work with, positvie vibes, upbeat staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2015
Greet clients, model wardrobe, help with fittings and measurements. Maintain work area and supply. Keep track of online orders and help with visuals.
Great way to make money
Model (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
Love it! I love modeling, its a good time and a great way to pay the bills! The only downside is that it is feast or famine. You are either really busy or really bored.
Pros
great rates
Cons
not consistent
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  FriscoMay 29, 2015
It is a young environment filled with energy and an urban feel in the store. The associate is charge of cleaning the store and helping to manage the store every day with a group of people.
Hollister
Hollister (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2015
I learned you got to work hard for your money, since this is was my first job. Typical day: your either fold clothes, help costumers out, or cash register. Management is friendly helpful i love them. Co-workers are sooo friendly and helpful, can actually make long term friends with them. It was easy money to work here nothing was hard. The most enjoyable part was everything, no matter where you were in the store you had a good time best experience for in high school or first year out to make some extra money.
Impact team member/ model
IMPACT TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 8, 2015
-Used critical thinking to assist in making presentations for merchandise receives in shipments
-Provides outstanding customer service
-Maintains a clean sales floor and stock room
-Prepares shipments while completing numerous inventories alongside managers
-Worked on and maintained registers
-Maintained efficient and accurate stockroom and paperwork operations
fun job
model (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 25, 2015
fun, great and the money was great too. great for a young women or man to start. just didnt like that they would tell people that they were cute
Productive and a fun workplace
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJanuary 23, 2015
My typical day at work was come in put away my belongings in my locker, then clocking in. If I worked towards the back I would start folding the clothes on the tables and smiling and greeting guest. Also helping guest with any questions.
Pros
being able to wear anything you want as long it was considered a preppy outfit
Fun, friendly company
Clerk, Coach (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAFebruary 12, 2015
We would typically work 4-6 hour shifts and would be told what area we will be working when we get there. We fold, talk to costumers, and keep the store as clean and organized as possible.
I've learned organization skills, retail skills, and a lot about good customer service.
Managers do their best to do everything and help as many people as they can. It can be a very stessful job, but has a lot more learning oppretunities.
Co-workers are more than just that, they become friends and a small family. It's good to be compatible with co-workers, it helps the company function much easier and efficent.
The hardest part of the job was trying to be in too many places at one time and learning a good balance between helping customers, giving them appropriate space, trying to work on projects, etc.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting so many new people (i.e. customers, eco-workers, and members of other stores).
Pros
friendliness, able to get a lot of shifts
Cons
short shifts, call-ins
Great music and good shifts
Actress (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 27, 2014
Always busy and productive. Lots of customers and decent tips. Learned to multi-task and be quick on my feet. Precision and memorization. The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and making them happy. The hardest part of the job was spills and if someone drank a little too much. The managers were not there often, and if they were they stayed in the back so i worked with little supervision and did very well.
Perfect Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Ave San Antonio TexasApril 6, 2015
Good hours a few lazy workers.Overall my best job I have ever had. If you are a hard worker you will excel in this job. The more you work the more you learn and they will give you different positions.
fun, amazing , productive workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook,ilApril 22, 2015
very chil, and laid back atmosphere. friendly employees, family like bond. very fast pase and may have to deal with rude customers at times
Great working environment with great co-workers
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 29, 2014
A typical day consists of photographing and editing pictures of the merchandise to meet requirements.

I have learned a lot about lighting and following specific guidelines to make the photo able to post on amazon.

Management is laid back as well as co-workers

The hardest part of the job is editing the photos, it is tedious work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive energy and environment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
mindless work sometimes
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abercrombie and FitchAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work at Abercrombie and Fitch included greeting customers in a upbeat and friendly way, working the cash register, cleaning/folding, and closing the store down. I learned that flexibility is key. The hardest part of the job was learning how to work the cash register. The managers and my co-workers were absolutely wonderful in every way. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to talk to different people every day.
Fun workplace indeed =D
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  PhillippinesSeptember 8, 2014
It was a fun kind of work. I really learned something on every products that were representing or push selling. I'm a freelancer so i'm dealing with different kind of management and co-workers as well. The hardest part of my job is we just stand the whole working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is you meet a lot of people, go to different places and the salary was good.
Free lance, fun but not a secure career at this time.
FREE LANCE (Current Employee) –  dallas, txJuly 15, 2014
I worked with photographers on concepts that they and myself would like to add to our portfolios. It helped me gain self confidence and I became more out-going. All of the photographers I have worked with made me feel very comfortable while reaching the same goal. The hardest part of the job was finding a mutual date that would work for both myself and the photographer. I always loved getting prepared for the photo shoot/preparing a model for the photo shoot.
Pros
free lunches, enjoyable, friendly people
Cons
no real benefits (health care ect.) not steady income.
Slow workplace but good employees to work it.
Retail (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 14, 2014
A typical day at work was always slow. I always had to find something to do because all of my work I usually do is always quick and easy. I learned how to take over a footwear section with little training. It taught me how to take leadership on a department i knew very little about. Our management was always good and on top of all our work. The management always just let us do our work with little interference. The hardest part of my job was learning footwear because of the little training I had but I am a very quick learner. The best part of every job is who you work with. I had a great time at work with the employees I worked with. They all made it fun and enjoyable at work.
Fast-paced and lots of fun while meeting new people.
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 13, 2014
I show up ready for the day, always prepared for the worst. I learned to always trust professionals at what they do and the importance of time-management. The models I work with are very friendly and I enjoy their company. The hardest part of the job was simply having to leave everyone after bonding for hours! The best is always the new people I get to meet.
Pros
discounts on clothes and sneak peeks of new items!
Cons
some people steal at retail, which is never fun.
Great management & associate team. Positive & productive energy.
Sales associate/ Model (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2014
My typical work day would consist of keeping up the high standards of the modeling of the Abercrombie brand. Greeting each and every customer that would enter. Each shirt had to be hung and folded in its specific proper way. Sometimes I would have to manage the register and dressing rooms. At that time I would have to provide exact change, great customer, and a fast & productive check out experience.
Fun and business like work place
Actress, & Dancer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2014
I have been modeling for five years now, and managing a talent company since 2012. I have developed amazing personal, and business skills. As well as financial independance.
Pros
meeting new people, fun work environment, financial stability
Cons
unsure hours, no steady paychecks, no steady schedules