Modell's Employee Reviews

Sporting goods
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, NYDecember 11, 2015
the team work is great. everything is cooperative, well functioned. good organization. management is great . Modells is a great shopping store.
Friendly environment based on teamwork
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 9, 2015
The actual people that work at Modell's are great; management and employees. However, the benefits are not that great. They do promote from within the company, so that is a plus.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2015
My experience working at Modell's is good. Co-worker was nice.They thought me a lot about Modell's.Modell's carries a fairly decent variety of Under Armour gear. Beyond that, they carry all the normal sports/sweat brands: NIKE, ADIDAS, etc. Selection is pretty normal, nothing too deep. No specialist gear. Very mainstream for casual people that loves the gym. Sneaker shopping for runners can be awesome because a lot of off season sneakers get discounted pretty quickly.
Modell's
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 5, 2015
This place was fun to work at, the typical punch in, do your job and go home. The break room could have been a bit nicer but hey just being nit picky here.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
feet gross me out
Well-staffed w/ knowlegable crew.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJMarch 30, 2015
Uptempo and challenging every day! Reacting to trends, customers, new products, and sales information shaped what we did consistently. Training was basically an outline w/ augmenting done w/ real-world experiences.Management was fair. Compensation was good, as were the benefits. 5 day work-week, w/ a balance of opening and closing shifts,
Pros
schedule flexibility.
Cons
no time-off at Christmas to visit family.
What you learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYFebruary 28, 2015
I learned that team work makes the dream work. Working with this company my co-workers and I were very helpful to each other.
not enough opportunity
Head Cashier, Footwear (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJMay 6, 2014
I was for more career advancement and not that much offered to me
N/A
Warehouse, Inventory and Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
I've learned a whole lot when I first started working at retail , I've learned how to work under pressure , how to channel the customers emotions like anger for example. Not only did I learn for my bosses and co-workers but also learned from the customers. The customers helped me shine the most by sharing their experiences , educating me about the merchandise and that right their alone just helps me serve the customers a whole lot better. I believe if u talk to a customer properly and confidently then their shouldn't be any problems. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is when you're doing most of the work and most of the co-workers are doing half effort or call out on u on a busy day.. and that forces u to worry more and deal with more responsibility but in the end I take it as a learning experience because we all have to learn how handle situations like that. The most enjoyable part of any job would be the co-workers and even the bosses. Not all of them are cool for whatever reason but their must be some level of respect.. we must always be professional no matter if u love or hate you're co-workers. Mostly though I never had any issues with my bosses or co-workers because I always had a smile on my face. :)
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Job
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJFebruary 28, 2014
Great job, Managers were great except for one. Learned a lot about sneakers and stock, awesome co-workers, I wouldn't say that this job is hard at all, insufficient hours and pay. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers.
learned retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2013
I was hired for seasonal work. I was able to learn how to interact with customers and assist in finding merchandise.
Pros
customer service skills
Cons
seasonal work
modells
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  harrisburg paDecember 3, 2013
i love working here i picked up retail skills i also learned how to be a team player and work great with others
Good Summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 11, 2013
Your typical day would begin with you entering the building lock all of your belongings in the locker and proceed to clock in. Depending on your department of either footwear or cashier, you would either sign in on a register or work and assist customers in footwear. Your day would not be hard or challenging at all, generally you have nice customers and your associates are all cool people to be around. This job teaches a lot of patience, management often misinforms you on situations in order to cover for themselves, they often do not take responsibility for their actions and are immature. The hardest part would just be the patience you would have to have dealing with the company, in the early months of me working for the company about 8 months into the job, it was enjoyable and easy to deal with. The most enjoyable part would be the customers you dealt with, and how relaxed the work place could be.
Pros
flexible work schedule, friendly customers and associates
Cons
not much opportunity for promotions or raises, unprofessional management.
Good first job for any teenager
Assist in the opening and closing (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MdMay 6, 2013
A typical day at Modell's Sporting Goods envolved helping customers find what they came in looking for, or even using certain tactics to get them to buy something that's on sell or your item of the week. I learned how to be friendly to customers, how to handle rude or unreasonable customers, how to deal with customers and your co-workers in a professional manner. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management and the drama with them. The most enjoyable part of my job at Modell's was learning everyday to be a better sales associate
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
management
FUN WORKPLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2013
TYPICAL DAY WAS HELPING CUSTOMERS, WHILE PROMOTING SALES.
I LEARNED THAT WORK DOESNT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE SO SERIOUS.
MY COWORKERS WERE GREAT.
THE HARDEST PART WAS LEAVING.
MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS MAKING THE CUSTOMERS HAPPY.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bathroom was constantly not in service.
very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 14, 2013
Co-workers need to learn to get along a little better and not hold up the line when waiting for the manager.
Short term position, fun co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYFebruary 8, 2013
Stocking, greeting customers and doing cashier duties
Management was poor. Couldn't ever keep employees; new ones every 3 months. No direction.
Fun work enviorment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2012
I learned most of my customer service experience here, it was a very comfortable n fun place to work Great management and lovely associates
Summary
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYJuly 24, 2012
Cleaning and maintaining the footwear department, organizing the footwear stock room, and helping customers find the proper footwear
Typical day
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2012
helping member finalize their purchase and close out the register at the end of day shift.
Sales Associate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJApril 16, 2012
Steady hours, good customers that actually need and appreciate your assistance.