Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI)

Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) Employer Reviews

Systems Engineer
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 19, 2013
Provided Systems Engineering on Condition Based Maintenance Program for Army Helicopters through the AMCOM Express Contract
Great place to work.
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 29, 2013
Absolute great place to work. Great benefits and lots of room for advancement.
Challenging yet sometimes rewarding
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: flexiblity, benefits, recognition of accomplishments
Cons: high turnover, short staffed, change in management, disorganized, no structure
A typical day at work can be challenging at times. There can be many interuptions at times, so I have developed good multi-tasking skills and definiltely how to set priorities and meet deadlines. There are times when I am doing 3 jobs at once..For example, we could be in the middle of invoicing, meeting our deadline to get them all done and posted, – more... and in the middle of this, I need to get A/R and unbilled data ready for each of our groups(there are about 10) PMR meetings for the month and then on top of that there could be emails that I need to respond to or sometimes contract administrators will send me emails that a customer needs to know the amount that we can deobligate that day. So to sum it up, every day is a challenge but rewarding at the same time.
Co-workers seem to take advantage of our flexibility and miss a lot of work leaving me and others to do their jobs while they are out of work. Some of them can have an attitiude if you try and ask them for information that you may need to complete a task.
The hardest part of my job is trying to reconcile the unbilled recievables. We recently converted from GCS to Cost Point and we are still trying to figure out how to accomplish this in Cost Point, so this has definitely been a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am/was able to complete a task from start to finish without any interruptions, but that has been a rare occassion lately. – less

About Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI)

A fast-paced and dynamic 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides leading-edge – Read more