Modern Woodmen of America Employee Reviews

Good experience
Financial Advisor/Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILNovember 14, 2017
Great company to work for. They really do a good job on focusing and training. I real winner in the ever changing insurance industry. A company you can trust with their products and services.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Commision based
Modern Woodmen of America was an exceptional place to work
Assistant to the Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 7, 2017
Working at MWA gave me plenty of opportunity to be creative in my work. I enjoyed making sure the office ran without a hitch. It was great to work with the agents. MWA had the best clients in the industry.
Pros
No two days were alike. Plenty of opportunity to be creative and continuously learn.
Great Company
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 6, 2017
I tried sales, it was not for me. The people and staff were great. The training was complete and I felt supported. If I were a great salesperson I would still be there,
Great company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 6, 2017
This company does great work in its community. I am proud to say I worked for a company that gives back so much to its community and is willing to put in extra hours unpaid to help
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
stressful
Relaxed work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 4, 2017
Modern Woodmen is an excellent company to work for. However it is what YOU make it! I was very successfull in the beginning, but unfortunately got behind the curve due to some family issues, ultimately leading me to go in another direction. However, I would recommend this company to an ambitious person who does not give up! They have excellent benefits and its pay is ecactly what you make it. One of my favorite parts of the job is meeting new people daily and getting the opportunity to help the community.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
Strictly commission
Hard to get started
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  New England, MENovember 3, 2017
Prior to being hired you need to give a list of approximately 200 family and friends. They think you can sell easy to them. Not so! This archaic method of lead generation doesn't work! If they won't meet with you, they surely won't give references. Add to this managers who don't train unless you have appointments. It is nearly impossible to get started. Add to that being made to sit in an office 8 hours a day with nothing to do. No thanks! For a veteran agent it would be good to be a district agent with MWA as their products are good.
Pros
Good products, great benefits
Cons
Commission only, no help prospecting
good work place
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILOctober 20, 2017
Management is good.Team members are very helpful.
Managers are very friendly over all its a good company for beginners and seniors and pay on time.New innovation easy to present.
Great place for those that can survive commissions.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 25, 2017
Absolutely loved every aspect of the company except the commissions. when your market dries up you are out of a job. If i could restart today knowing i had a better market I would in a heartbeat.
Cold Sales
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Cod Sales may seem lucrative, but if you slip in the beginning it is almost impossible to catch up. The small amount of compensation they give you to attempt to hold you over does not make ends meet.
Productive and wonderful company atmosphere
Regional Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2017
A wonderful company culture that believes in supporting individuals, families, and their communities. The company provides excellent benefits, raises, and bonuses to its administrative staff.
Find a good manager
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 9, 2017
Excellent CEO, tremendous products. Independent agent system however they will manage you. Excellent training system initially, however need more corporate follow-up training.
Pros
Upper management
Cons
Inconsistent field management
Financial Representative Summary
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 23, 2017
It is difficult to find new people to sell life insurance and retirement plans if you do not know a whole lot of people in your community. I learned about life insurance and retirement plans and securities. It is a great flexible job but it is difficult living on commissions only.
Great place
Modern Woodmans Insurance Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 29, 2017
Very great place to work. Loved it . Fantastic company, with competitive wages, and so many wonderful benefits. It was always a great day , walking into work everyday.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No cons
Many good people
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJuly 26, 2017
Great place with great people. Had the opportunity to meet people and help them to accomplish their goals. Very meaningful and rewarding career to have.
Low Compensation
Admnistrative Assistant / Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 13, 2017
Modern Woodmen is below the national average for compensation for this position. They have really good medical and benefits though. Good hours, and very supporting home office.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, good medical benefits
Cons
Low pay
Awesome place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 10, 2017
Best company I ever worked.

They really care about you as a person as well as your success.
Unique business model that allows you to give back to the community.
Amazing benefits
Informative Internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Nixa, MOJuly 6, 2017
Little micromanagement and it is an opportunity to create your own business. Must be self motivated. Having a large network is essential and prospecting is a big portion of your work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
commission based pay
Good Place
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMay 30, 2017
Good place to work, good training and benefits, good management, fun environment, be your own boss, set your own hours, make your own money. 10/10 would work there again.
Very Positive company to work for and looking to help their members.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 29, 2017
You have the basic challenges to reach customers and help them understand their needs about insurance and why it is very important to have. You must find your own customers and the advertising is at your expense. There are many other Financial Representatives in the market place and their companies are more well known.

Modern Woodmen of America is a great company most customers do not realize just how great the company is and you have to get beyond what the last representative had messed up which creates a long sale cycle.
Productive and valued workplace
Contracted Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 17, 2017
Modern Woodmen of America was an exceptional place to work. Offering competitive compensation and a work environment that was welcoming every day, it was easy to come to a family that welcomed me with open arms and made me feel valued everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modern Woodmen of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2