Modern Woodmen of America

Modern Woodmen of America Employee Reviews

Great Possibilities
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CO 80129March 12, 2017
This company gives great possibilities but it requires following mainly leads through your own social circles and can be difficult. It is worth trying if you think you are capable.
Time consuming but rewarding.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOFebruary 18, 2017
When I was first training with this company I felt cheated that I wasn't told of all of the start up costs upfront. I am happy I stuck with it though. I learned many skills I will have for the rest of my life.
Pros
unlimited earning potential
Cons
start up costs, many hours trying to sell over the phone.
Fast Paced Client Oriented Company
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 14, 2017
Ability to build your own work hours and reach out to the community.

Amazing management in \Oklahoma.

Very caring and helpful workplace.

The community involvement is very extensive and very rewarding to the financial representative and everyone in the surrounding area.
It's a very good company to work for.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2016
Modern Woodmen of America, is a very good company to work for. They really do try to help their clients get set up to be financially secured. They have a lot of programs that a client can join that are free. MWA is a community involved company, that thrive on helping the community. They have programs like: matching funds, good neighbor, america honor and much more.. Modern Woodmen of America is a good and affordable life insurance company.
Pros
They have insurance as low as $1.50 for children.
Cons
You have to use their computer, which their is a monthly fee.
Great workplace
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 1, 2016
A very friendly office environment co - workers very help full in making sure that you understood all the laws and requirements to be a financial representative.
I didnt work for Modern Woodmen its self but emplyed through an agent.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 27, 2016
I was laid off. Not stable work. Modern Woodmen of America is a great company of you work in their office or through them and not through a licesed Agent. Summer is a slow time.
I loved this job.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 9, 2016
A typical day at work was clocking in, sitting at your desk, and doing the assigned tasks for the day. Usually in the morning till about 10 when I took my first break I was setting up insurance agent computers in the back room. After that, with a few exceptions, I mostly back logged paperwork into an online database. I did that pretty much till it was time to go home. My manager was very nice, as were most of my co workers.
Pros
good co workers, decent priced lunch, close to home, ect
Cons
mind numbing work.
I wish it was more then an internship.
Winter Intern (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 9, 2016
I'd clock in at work, head to the warehouse in the back, begin unloading all of the binders full of old paperwork, rip out the old paperwork and put it in the trash. i'd then reload all of the binders back into boxes, and stack the boxes of binders being donated.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful co workers, simple easy work, able to listen to music in the back room.
Cons
monotonous work
Old Fashioned
Agency Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 27, 2016
Very Old-Fashioned company. If you like the 1960s with computers, this will be a great place for you. The men wear suits and women are very conservative dressed. Its a very rigid company with management having the final say and opinions from workers is not always welcome.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Old Fashioned
great company to work for
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 12, 2016
I assisted clients to become financially secure for their future by suggesting financial products like life insurance and annuities.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
commission base only
A fantastic company with a real drive to help others
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2016
As a financial representative of Modern Woodmen of America I was tasked to educate the public on the necessities of planning for the future. Developing and implementing personalized financial plans for clients was the primary focus of the position. Obtaining new clients and building my own book of business was challenging and a great experience. Being able to give back to my community was a wonderful privilege Modern Woodmen allowed.
Pros
Flexible schedules, fair compensation, wonderful benefits
Cons
No assistance with start-up or lead generating.
Pretty Good
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 8, 2016
It is a great company to work for. Starting out you spend a ton of time in the office and a ton of time in appointments which makes your home life suffer a little bit. Days would routinely be 8am-10pm or even later.

I learned a lot, the learning curve is steep. That being said, the management was great and helped you learn. They wanted to see you succeed.

The coworkers are great, the job is enjoyable for the most part. We basically go and see the people and help them anyway that we can with a wide range of financial products. Through the fraternal benefits, we were able to help out a lot of families.

The hardest part was the learning curve and the conversations with some people. Life insurance is not an easy product to sell.
Pros
High level training, benefit package, ability to make what you want
Cons
long days, travel
Engaging Environment with Phenomenal Experience
Intern for Hire/ Assistant Developmental Director (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 30, 2016
I learned every facet of financial planning including but not limited to:

Setting Appointments
Holding Appointments
Closing Appointments
Clientele Management
Community Events
Good Work Experience
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 23, 2016
Modern Woodmen is intent on training you in the business world in the best ways possible. It does get hectic and they can be harsh but they only want what is best for you, the members and the company.
Great company that care for its members!
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 6, 2016
Modern Woodmen is a great place to start a career, it gives your an opportunity to grow yourself and your business. The tools are given to each agent to succeed in the industry.
Upward Motion
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 30, 2016
A typical day was quite slow, but we were always focused on working hard for our clients. I learned the importance of having life insurance and how to be there for your clients and their relatives. Management could have used an HR position or I would have liked more information on HR in the corporate level. My co-workers were very friendly and open. The hardest part of the job was remaining patient when others did not extend that curtesy to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the office camaraderie and the opportunities that opened up for me while I worked there.
Good camaraderie
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I learned sales, interpersonal, and business skills. I learned about the business of selling life insurance as well as customer databases.
Pros
Self-motivating
Cons
No guarantee on salary
Co workers were awesome people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Never have I ever worked at a better place! The products this company offered were secure. The only reason I quit working there was to stay home with my children.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I really can't think of any Cons
Great place to work, excellent training!
Financial Representative FIC (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work, great support from sales team and trainers! Great benefits! Great products, A+ rated company for over 30 yrs! This company has a passion for supporting the local community, they provide Free educational materials to churches, schools and non profit organizations.
Make your own schedule
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 11, 2015
You plan your day with phone calls (cold calls), appointments and prospecting. You work with great people and have plenty of opportunities to participate in community service projects. This is a 100 percent commission position and you learned how to engage with prospects and close a sale.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
100 percent commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modern Woodmen of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2