Modern Woodmen of America

Modern Woodmen of America Employee Reviews in United States

Upward Motion
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 30, 2016
A typical day was quite slow, but we were always focused on working hard for our clients. I learned the importance of having life insurance and how to be there for your clients and their relatives. Management could have used an HR position or I would have liked more information on HR in the corporate level. My co-workers were very friendly and open. The hardest part of the job was remaining patient when others did not extend that curtesy to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the office camaraderie and the opportunities that opened up for me while I worked there.
Co workers were awesome people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Never have I ever worked at a better place! The products this company offered were secure. The only reason I quit working there was to stay home with my children.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I really can't think of any Cons
Great place to work, excellent training!
Financial Representative FIC (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work, great support from sales team and trainers! Great benefits! Great products, A+ rated company for over 30 yrs! This company has a passion for supporting the local community, they provide Free educational materials to churches, schools and non profit organizations.
Make your own schedule
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 11, 2015
You plan your day with phone calls (cold calls), appointments and prospecting. You work with great people and have plenty of opportunities to participate in community service projects. This is a 100 percent commission position and you learned how to engage with prospects and close a sale.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
100 percent commission
Independent Work schedule. Great for self starter and Independent person
Outside Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 4, 2015
Prospecting for new clients in the field. Calling on new and existing clients. Following up on policy status and reporting to management.
Working independently with limited to no supervision.
Pros
Ablle to set working schedule
Cons
Commission only pay schedule
Rewarding Experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 25, 2015
Working for Modern Woodmen of America was a rewarding experience. However, there is room for improvement. It is all commission based compensation.
very humbled job description
Insurance Agent Personal Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 4, 2015
received the opportunity to take my first step in working with customers and filing papers, setting up scheduled appointments and making sure any question that was asked was given the most proper answer as possible.
Everyone treats you like family.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAAugust 31, 2015
Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Flexible to set your own hours, and compensated based on how hard you work.
Good Learning Experience
Financial Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 21, 2015
I appreciated the step by step breakdown of how to do everything necessary to become successful in this line of work. Work with you to become a successful person.
Nice culture
Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  PittsburghJune 9, 2015
Great Company to start your career but products are limited. Technology is excellent.
Great Culture
The typical day is Checking email, Review your schedule, Make calls and follow-up on any things still outstanding.
Pros
supplies and equiptment
Cons
Limited products

Want to know more about Modern Woodmen of America?

Ask a question
Good Company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCApril 24, 2015
This is a good company to work for. They give you lots of support and bonuses. They are captive and they only sell in Southern States.
They won't sell index products.
Pros
Good pay and support
Cons
Captive and limited by territories
Fun and proffessional environment
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa , FlNovember 4, 2014
Making cold calls to set appointments with potential clients
How to handle and deal with all types of people.
Hardest part of the job Is setting appointments
Helping people protect their lives was the best part of the job
Fun safe place to work
Temporary Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spring, TxAugust 14, 2014
I come into work and love working here. Every day is something new and there is always something for me to be doing. My coworkers are always there when needed. The hardest part is the time when there isn't anything to do because i do like to keep busy. Sometimes there is down time but not to often.
The most enjoyable is how they will work with you to make sure you are happy and your schedule is what you need.
Pros
great coworkers
Fun place to work but bad training.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 8, 2014
When hired on I was not given any real direction on how to properly go my job. I was told to read a manual and that was it. The manual only covered bits of what they really want from you. Manager was great, he just needed to let things go so I could do my job more efficiently.
Pros
great team, good pay
Cons
not very good training in how i learn.
Financial Services
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2014
An educational atmosphere to learn in. Gained valuable knowledge in financial services.
Very rigid company to work for
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 2, 2014
Compensation and benefits are good. Very controlled work environment. Company does not place a lot of trust in their employees.
Great management, great support
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 9, 2014
Modern Woodmen of America is a great company. Working as a Financial Representative for MWA is a challenging and rewarding experience. You have the opportunity to build your own business with the support of great managers and directors. I appreciate all of the support that I received, both from managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being paid by commission only. I know that potentially you can make a great living with MWA but it is very hard when you are first starting out and have a family. I am the sole earner in my family and it is hard when the payment is commission based with no salary.
Pros
great managers and directors
Cons
commission only
Great organization to work for - if you can make it
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  New HampshireApril 2, 2014
The managers, employees, and administration were all excellent in my experience. They worked very hard to help me make it in a difficult career. In the end, I couldn't make enough sales to live on the commission (the job is 100% commission based).

Still, for someone starting out in the business, I don't think there's a better place to look. MWA has a great compensation package that is designed to help out new agents as much as possible, and everyone is willing to go above and beyond normal work requirements to help with getting started.

Plus, MWA does a TON to help local communities and families in need, and they allow their agents to find and help those people directly. There really is a lot of job satisfaction while helping people, because you know that MWA will do everything possible to take care of it's members.
Pros
unparalleled benefits. great managers.
Cons
100% commission.
Productive work place where you make alot of phone calls
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  topeka, ksFebruary 16, 2014
you make alot of phone calls and work mostly on a computer. The management is flexible.
Even if you work hard you still don't get paid enough!!!!!!!
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 13, 2014
This job is 100% commission! I worked in sales for seven years in the telecommunication industry and did an awesome job. I won trips, cars, tons of bonuses, incentives, etc.... The point I am trying to make is that I know how to sell but this just doesn't work. Where I'm located no knows who Modern Woodmen of America. Modern Woodmen of America is a very conservative Christian close minded organization. No matter how well you sell unless you know somebody higher up in the company or their clientele you won't be successful period. If you try it make sure you have lots of money saved up........Good luck
Cons
no pay, no support from management