MODESTO CITY SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Amazing and empowering!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95351June 12, 2017
I love my job. I learn from my supervisors on a daily basis. The workplace is great. The trainings given have helped me in both my work and personal life!
Great place to work with the people around me.
High School Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 10, 2017
Going to practice every day, I would always have support from the coaches around me. It was a great place to grow as a person because I was learning as much from the kids as they were from me.
productive positive peacfull workenviorment
Substitute Janitor IGrounds (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 25, 2017
I liked working for Modesto city schools it was a good job but I furthered my experience in the work filled and got into forklift driving. Still really enjoyed helping in the school environment knowing you helped the kids by keeping the schools clean is a good feeling.as far as graffiti, bathroom cleanliness, classroom cleanliness, grounds and offices really good experience and wonderful staff I would go back any day.
Pros
experience
Cons
day goes by fast
Outreach
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 28, 2017
Its always a pleasure to work with people who are sensitive to the human touch and what's going on in their community. Most enjoyable thing about the job is seeing students later down the road in life thanking you for your role as a positive influence.
Pros
Working for the Students
Cons
n/a
Volunteer work
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 24, 2017
I volunteered for modesto city schools over the years at various schools. I have enjoyed working with so many different types of teachers and other staff members.
Paraprofessional
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 17, 2017
Working as a paraprofessional with the Modesto City Schools was a great job. I worked along side some amazing teachers and aides within the K-12 grades. I especially loved working with the special education students.
Overall is a place where you can impact and enjoy working there
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 3, 2017
is a good place to work, it has alot to do the people office staff and overall evryone to work as a team. But i have to say the way they do the hiring is very bad process.
Pros
As a paraprofessional you dont get anything free.
Cons
a little of hours
Modesto City Schools School District
MATHEMATICS INSTRUCTOR & TEACHER MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 24, 2017
Working for individual school sites proves to be very fulfilling. Though the state and school district dictate materials and standards to teach, working with students is wonderful!
Productive and fun workplace
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 7, 2017
09/01/2012 – 07/17/2014
Cafeteria
Modesto City Schools
426 Locust St
Modesto, CA
Summary of Position: Under general supervision, assist in the preparation and serving of food in the school cafeteria; clean kitchen equipment, utensils, and work area. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
students are great to work with
Sonoma Elementary school (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 20, 2016
I enjoy working the students positive work place and some great positive co workers its great to see math and testing greats to go up great coworkers
Pros
helping students
Cons
short breaks
Professional and Rewarding
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 20, 2015
Modesto City Schools is an innovative and very diverse employer. MCS is on the cutting edge of education and is always striving to become a better place for not only the students but th3e employees as well. I love my job at MCS and the rewards and the challenges set before me. It is a very rewarding and enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Great staff and students to work with daily
Cons
Not enough time in the day to get all thiong done
Working with students
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 8, 2015
Just working with students and helping the teachers out with the activities. Also, watching them play games in the classroom.
It's an adventure
Para Educator Substitute (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 7, 2015
You're either going to meet people you like or people who don;t like you I'd advise keeping quiet and doing your job. Thats the best way to go.
Pros
As a sub you are never without work
Cons
The pay, Jobs can get cancelled
Job with variety of workplace
Teacher-Advanced Placement-College Preparation (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 2, 2015
I substitute taught. Variety of workplace. Little creativity as you are implementing other teacher's lesson plans. You can design your own work schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No health care
A good collaborative environment, achieving success for the students to be on track for graduation.
Sub. Teacher, Test Proctor, Para prof. in Resource (Current Employee) –  various locations with four years at Downey HighJuly 20, 2015
As a substitute teacher since 1992, I have enjoyed the independence of working for the absent teacher, and implementing their curriculum. I also enforced a classroom management system, that allowed the respect from the students to stay on task in the classroom, while gaining the respect from other teachers and administrators. In 2007, I began my "after hours" as a volunteer tennis coach, and enjoyed working with the girls and the boys teams, sharing my experience and knowledge of the game. In 2010, I "switched hats" and began working in classified as a para professional in Resource, Special Education Department. I worked with a number of teachers to ensure our students success, and worked closely with either freshman status, to junior status, for their ability to be on track to graduation. During these years, I was a tutor for a program called AVID, and collaborated with small groups of students to increase their understanding of the discipline they worked on. I also served as an exam proctor for the district, to implement a variety of exams, such as CASHEE, PSAT, SAT, State Exams and the newer version called Smarter Balance. The administration from Downey High along with various schools, along with the district gave me many opportunities to serve our students, our staff, and work with the student's success and goals.
Pros
Working with a wonderful group of instructors
Cons
along with coaching tennis, I would have 12 hour days.
Modesto City Schools is fair.
Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 14, 2015
Modesto City Schools (MCS) is a big school district in California. There are various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds of the many students. To service them, MCS uses the Language Institute, ALD (Acquisition Language Development) and specialized trained SDAIE programs. Standards are high with Common Core implemented in all classrooms.. A consistent, systematic approach of informal evaluations is conducted with regular walk-throughs by Admin/Staff Team.
Pros
Good IEP teams, helpful staffs, appreciative parents
Cons
Very Busy past two years
Tthis is a good company to work for
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 23, 2015
plenty of work and plenty time off, not sure of compensation/ benefits are ok $400 toward insurance, The job is secure, as long as vehicle codes are followed. The management is under construction and needs some tweeking.
Pros
dealing with students
Review
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 19, 2015
I regularly managed students groups while teaching educational curriculum. There is little summer employment available through MCS but decent substitute teacher job availability during the year.
Interesting work place, fast paced with a mixed culture
yard supervisor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be getting to work grabbing a talkie to be able to communicate with co-workers and other staff members. Monitor children and tend to them when need be. Answer any questions a parent or other staff member has. Be very alert, friendly and informative. Management is lacking on the end of our security with rude or dangerous parts and students, and lacks filling us in with information we were supposed to be told. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the dangerous and rude parents and students, because we don't want to get hit. The most enjoyable part of the job I being able to help the students and make them feel safe and being able to build connections with other staff.
Pros
holidays
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay
Enjoy working with staff and students
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 26, 2014
I have worked for them several years..
Worked out perfectly when my children were young
Pros
summers off