MODESTO CITY SCHOOLS

MODESTO CITY SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Tthis is a good company to work for
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: dealing with students
plenty of work and plenty time off, not sure of compensation/ benefits are ok $400 toward insurance, The job is secure, as long as vehicle codes are followed. The management is under construction and needs some tweeking.
Review
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMay 19, 2015
I regularly managed students groups while teaching educational curriculum. There is little summer employment available through MCS but decent substitute teacher job availability during the year.
Interesting work place, fast paced with a mixed culture
yard supervisor (Current Employee), Modesto, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: holidays
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay
A typical day at work would be getting to work grabbing a talkie to be able to communicate with co-workers and other staff members. Monitor children and tend to them when need be. Answer any questions a parent or other staff member has. Be very alert, friendly and informative. Management is lacking on the end of our security with rude or dangerous parts and students, and lacks filling us in with information we were supposed to be told. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the dangerous and rude parents and students, because we don't want to get hit. The most enjoyable part of the job I being able to help the students and make them feel safe and being able to build connections with other staff.
Enjoy working with staff and students
Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: summers off
I have worked for them several years..
Worked out perfectly when my children were young
Large, busy school district
Order supplies for patients and staff (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: high insurance rates
Very large district in Central California. Ability to move up within the district. Different types of trainings and continued learning available to staff.
Made a difference
Paraprofessional/Custodian/Lithographic Technician (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 5, 2014
I was happy to make a difference in the lives of children. I would never give up on making sure the children get the best education that they deserve.
Good place to work, lots of people interaction.
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 4, 2014
Modesto city schools, was an excellent place to work, the work environment was pleasant. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Great Job, work with children to learn new things everyday!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great learning environments and wonderous people to work with.
Cons: no benefits
Everyday was fun, get to meet new people and show them the wonders of learning.
Management is nice and friendly.
Co-workers are normally just as enthusiastic as I am to work with children everyday.
Hardest part of the job is not having my own classroom to go back to the next day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with children and seeing them learning new things and their excitement when they figure something new out.
Really Fun Job
Substitute Nutrition Services Assistant (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Fun and rewarding working with students from PreK-12. Easy hours made it ideal for a student and to even hold a second job full or part time.
Good company to work for
Typist Clerk/Principal's Secretary/Library Asst. (Former Employee), Modesto CAJuly 28, 2013
Large school district, mostly great persons that worked their. Liked helping children of all ages.
Fun and fast-paced
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: being around the students
Cons: short breaks
I usually work 7am - 3pm, just depends on the subject I'm teaching that day. I have learned how to deal with a diverse group of people, mastered my communications skills and time management.
Work as a team but work little hours and low pay.
YARD DUTY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: work as a team.
Cons: not anought hours or days to pay my bill
I work with about 200 to 300 kids a hour and a half a day. I come in at lunch and go home after lunch and that the end of my day at the school.
Fast Paced enviroment
Nutritional Service I (Former Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: had to work as a team
Cons: not enough hours to pay gas and bills
High school Cafeteria enviroment. Prep of food, cashiering at snack bar, serving of 500 to 800 students daily on a A-line, clean-up of all kitchen ware. This is a great job how ever the hour, 2 to 4 hours a day, could not pay the bills. I still can go back to the job or apply to one in another county. Like the fast pace.
Fun and active environment
Food Attendant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 16, 2012
A typical day at work was arriving and to just start cooking for the day. We had to prepare food to feed over 1000 students. We did cook several things because most of it went to the tray lunches which had to be within the nutrition guidelines. Then we had to prepare the food that we sold in the snack bar. Everyone including managment was a joy to work with. Everyone worked as a team to get everything done on time so all the students ate when it was time for their lunch break to start. The hardest part of the job was the cleanup because their were so many dishes and it took sometimes more than 2 hours to finish it all. It was very time consuming but we always got it done before we had to go home.

MODESTO CITY SCHOOLS Salaries