MODINE MANUFACTURING Employee Reviews

it was an okay place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, ILDecember 26, 2017
It moved to Mexico because the labor was cheaper. They did not care about their employees or they would have kept the company here. It is all about how much they make not the employee.
Would have stayed if they didn't shut down
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, ILNovember 1, 2017
Best/ highest paying job I ever had. Too bad they moved the Ringwood plant to Mexico. My coworkers and fellow employees were great with the exception of a few. I liked my job and was learning.
Pros
Great pay, great manager
Cons
Closed factory
Terrible place to work
Floater (Former Employee) –  West Kingston, RISeptember 7, 2017
Terrible place to work. Management did not like to listen to the workers to make improvements and often wound up wasting time and money. They also liked to play favorites with policy enforcement and advancement.
fun workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSAugust 31, 2017
I have had the opportunity to have found the chances to learn, and advance my understanding of a manufactoring. I have had the opportunity to have a chance at learning the aspects of a coil.
It was a good work environment if you were full time
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INAugust 29, 2017
I was the only black on my shift. The supervisor was ok.The people wasn't too friendly. It was hard to get on full time.My drive wasn't too far. I was a temporary through the staffing agency and i need ed a full time job with benefits.
Pros
They make good money if were full time
Cons
Nicer people and far from hom2
Wiring Technician (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSAugust 1, 2017
Management is lacking in their duties to open tool boxes, get needed worksheets to line workers and to get need parts to the line workers so they can their job and perform as should and get product out in time as scheduled
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place
Production Layout Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 28, 2017
I enjoyed every minute I worked at Modine. Large, clean, and friendly working environment. People always willing to help and move you forward in your career.
Productive place to work at.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed the many years I worked at Modine. I was challenged each and every day to learn new job skills and apply those skills in whichever job I was asked to do.
Pros
challenging jobs
Cons
I can't think of any
Excellent management, Fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2017
Great work day, no stress, awesome customer service experience. great place to learn automotive cooling and A/C. Decent management team. Difficulties in the field stock (such as loading and unloading trucks) inventory. Great place to work, however, the company went out off business. If the company was still in business I would be delighted to be a team player once again.
All around good place to work.
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSJuly 26, 2017
Plenty of work to keep you busy. It does get hot, but we are in MS. Great coworkers. Be willing to cross train and learn new skills. Also, be willing to work plenty of overtime.
awesome place to work
core builder (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJuly 24, 2017
Great job.move up quickly. Best pay in the surrounding area. Work environment and co workeds bet any other place i have ever worked. If not for moving out of state i would have worked there forever
Welder
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJuly 22, 2017
Modine is a great place to work. Pay is really good. Management is awesome. You will have no worries as long g as u show up for work and do your job.
Modine was a Union shop everyone treated the same.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Pemberville, OHJune 19, 2017
Start machine coordinate with foreman on the priorities for the day. Management was fair very clean work enviroment coworkers very friendly and eager to assist with job functions.
Pros
Raise every year
Cons
Plant couldnt stay open
Great group of engineering staff, easy going and hard working
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MOMay 23, 2017
Great group of engineering staff, easy going and hard working. Located in a nice rural community. Plenty of creative problem solving opportunities in terms of machinery and processes.
Hard work, high expectations, 65% standard work
Senior Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 4, 2017
Daily: morning stretches, send/respond to email, review and approve requisitions, production meeting.
Weekly: Approvals, weekly reports weekly forecast, staff meetings, scrap meeting, continuous improvement team meeting
Monthly: Close books, prepare forecasts, swings to forecast and budget, visit/contact other Missouri plants.

Culture: focused, serious, stern, disciplined.
Hardest: maintain spending controls
Enjoyable: The other accounting employees in the company provide moral support.
fun place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNApril 12, 2017
it becomes stressful when its really repetitive
the people you work with are fun
its hard on your feet
can be tiresome
it pays well
you can gain experince quickly
Pros
pays well
Cons
your on your feet all day
Lack of good management
Machine Operator/Setup NC (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAMarch 22, 2017
People I worked with were great. Actual job was ok. Management did not have a clue on what our jobs consisted of, but tried to tell you how to do it. but as for the job itself, I liked it.it. I have said a lot of times, "I like my job, I just don't always like where it's at".
Pros
People I work with, the job itself.
Cons
Poor management
Friendly employees, management needs work
Materials Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Modine is not a bad place to work. Most everyone is friendly but the downfall is with the management. The management in the warehouse do not know how to be a manager/supervisor. He never knows the answer to anything, never comes in on off days, never fixes problems (unless it's weeks later) never helps. He only walks around to find someone to talk to for 30 minutes to an hour. And the lead is in the warehouse is the laziest superior I've ever worked around. You are suppose to lead by example and he'd rather sit in the supervisor's office and talk for an hour or more. We've times them before and they do nothing but talk at an average of 2 hours every day. To be a productive lead/boss/supervisor, you must know how to make things happen and lead by example.
Pros
work hours
Cons
management
Repetition and nothing to offer for retirement
Trucker (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MOJanuary 24, 2017
I've spent ten years here and have nothing to look forward to I'm at the top of the pay scale and they have nothing more to offer me.
modine manusacturing
Processor B (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAJanuary 12, 2017
This company is not a family friendly company. You work for modine they are your family. Modine considers that they come first and your family comes last. Coworkers where enjoyable to work with.
Pros
It was a pay check
Cons
Very tense environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MODINE MANUFACTURING. Our community is ready to answer.