ModSpace Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Scott, LAOctober 24, 2017
This particular branch at Modspace has great management and the company as a whole has good benefits. The work has plenty of overtime for anyone who wants it.
Great place to work if they had better management
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PA 17022October 2, 2017
My start here was amazing I quickly u derstood the work but the people and the management is what drove me to leave my supervisor would belittle his employees the management higher up from him knew what was going on but instead of fixing the problem they ignored it
Laid back work place with many issues that might be a bigger deal if most employees cared about the job more. Decent pay and low stress
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 18, 2017
From an inside sales perspective, most ISA's do not take their job seriously enough for some of the most glaring issues to be addressed. Management's idealistic impossible perspective of how things should be is not realistic and unwavering. Favoritism rampant among managers. However if you need a decent job on your resume it can be a fun place to spend a year or two.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Poorly run
fun work environment/ stressful workload
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 26, 2017
Operations manager understands the work can be stressful and does everything possible to make the workplace one to come to every day. Branch seems to be understaffed
Mass confusion between sales and construction
Construction Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAAugust 20, 2017
Construction professionals would continue butting heads relative to code requirements and estimating. This environment made it difficult to provide a quality product.
Property Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 15, 2017
File Property Tax Returns, Review and either approve or disapprove of all assessments, always in contact with all jurisdictions, pay all Property Tax Bills and gather all Reports and Documents needed to provide auditors with
managable
District Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2017
fast paced, friendly environment. Manager was great as well is other team members, Nice clean facility & equipment. office atomospher was superb Pittsburgh PA
Great company.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJuly 11, 2017
Paid well, poor district management. (Only met him like 4 times in 4 years). Manager did not understand oil market or industry. He tried but just couldn't wrap his head around it. Too complex. Great company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Inventory was restricted but still expected to meet goals.
Overall good company
Regional Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 10, 2017
My 9+ years with ModSpace were the best job I've ever had. They provided a solid career opportunity for me and helped me learn a tremendous amount in the modular building and construction industries. Their construction services division is excellent and they provide a lot of support and infrastructure. The hardest part of the job was being a part of a very large corporation with an executive team and board of directors who don't always value or care for individuals very well. Also, the medical benefits package declined over the years.

Overall, I will be forever grateful for the great opportunity I had with them. I enjoyed most of my co-workers and CS Director.
Pros
Tremendous Flexibility and Autonomy
Cons
Corporate Culture
Company Sold
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 20, 2017
The company Resun Leasing was bought out by a larger Corporation and the Corporation did away with my position

While at Resun Leasing- Billing of Lease Agreements, process accounts payable. make collection calls. Schedule drivers and deliveries for the next day. Take service calls and schedule repairs as needed. Assist Sales Representatives with bids, quotes and proposals.
Pros
variety of duties
Cons
buy out by large corporation

Want to know more about ModSpace?

Ask a question
Modspace
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Very diversified job handled recovery aspects, plus worked some of the national accounts resolving issues in order to get account paid up to date. Handled refund process from start to finish.
How did this place get 3.5 stars?
Collector (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJanuary 24, 2017
This company acts like they HATE their employees! Do not let the large amount of PTO fool you - run! Management is completely incompetent, nobody cares if the place is run by the basic standards of logic, and they never hire their temps. Two of my friends were laid off after 20+ years and I know for a fact they were very good at their jobs. No management loyalty, no caring, everyone out to CYA. They outsource a lot of their accounting to India and the American employees have to pay for their constant mistakes, getting yelled at for all manner of easily correctable policies that really screw up their customer relations. Management says just make your 55 calls a day and shut up. All the employees there either don't care and are burnt out, waiting for a paycheck, or are very depressed. 55 calls is impossible to do each day because every customer can't understand all the billing discrepancies and wants tons of back-up. Seriously - run.
Not for the faint at heart
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Unknown Gulch, IDDecember 15, 2016
During a typical day, you are pulled in a million directions. Hard to focus and get your tasks done sometimes.

Its a big company, so you get good benefits, including a phone, laptop, healthcare, etc.

Worked 12 hours a day minimum, not much for work life balance. Company had mass layoffs 5 years ago, but business has picked up again and the staffing is not where it should be. Management only focused on P&L, not worried about employee welfare.
Pros
Cell Phone, healthcare, salary
Cons
No work/home balance, long hours, lack of support
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAOctober 17, 2016
I had a great time working here the atmosphere was great the people were great. The opportunity to move up was evident and the tools to succeed where provided.
employees were a great group to work with,,,But management was bad !!
MaintenanceII (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 2, 2016
i worked with a great group,every day i learned something different,but was never rewarded for the extra help,management was the pitts and got worse every year after year.we all got laid off because we all (10) talked bad about the fleet manager who is a thief,black mails vendors into buying him stuff for his personal use and included in the work order...management does not uphold the letter of integrity.its a joke
Pros
your co-workers
Cons
management
Ok place to work...not great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 4, 2016
Middle of the road...A lot of uncertainty currently due to merger...some great people...terrible benefits package...experience varies based on location
Grateful for job... BUT...
Telecom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 7, 2016
I worked in the IT dept. it was a lil dysfunctional. lots of back biting and lack of leadership from top down. The Company is ok. I mean they have fun things through out the year things like ice cream social, beer with the boss, free bagels, and other "perks" but in my department there was very little of that. I was unemployed when I interviewed so I had virtually no options. THis is all you need to know. FOX NEWS plays on the TV in the lobby... if you like that you will like it at Modspace.
Pros
Free coffee. beer with boss, chili cookoff.
Cons
contractors not treated like employees.
Hard work low pay
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 2, 2016
All training is on the job management offers no direction or support equipment is old and unsafe benefits are mediocre at best, DOT loves stopping these loads

pay is subpar ltl drivers make more than what they pay you to haul oversize loads and good luck getting a raise

no incentives for drivers no coordination between sales shop and operations continously working outside in all weather, say they provide all tools they do not you will have to buy most the tools you need

if you value your life and your cdl stay away.
Pros
Time off no weekends or holidays, codrivers, site crews
Cons
Poor pay, management, working conditions, old trailers, DOT targeted
Nice place to work
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PADecember 15, 2015
Busy, not enough help, but like the position. Co-workers are great. Just hard to manage time and get pulled in many different directions.
Mod Space
Shop lead, and yard foreman (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UTJune 19, 2015
Horrible company to work for they treat employees bad and pay even worse. There attitude is horrible, and they do not have good insurance, and expect more than what they are willing to pay for.
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to list all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ModSpace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6