ModSpace Employee Reviews

How did this place get 3.5 stars?
Collector (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJanuary 24, 2017
This company acts like they HATE their employees! Do not let the large amount of PTO fool you - run! Management is completely incompetent, nobody cares if the place is run by the basic standards of logic, and they never hire their temps. Two of my friends were laid off after 20+ years and I know for a fact they were very good at their jobs. No management loyalty, no caring, everyone out to CYA. They outsource a lot of their accounting to India and the American employees have to pay for their constant mistakes, getting yelled at for all manner of easily correctable policies that really screw up their customer relations. Management says just make your 55 calls a day and shut up. All the employees there either don't care and are burnt out, waiting for a paycheck, or are very depressed. 55 calls is impossible to do each day because every customer can't understand all the billing discrepancies and wants tons of back-up. Seriously - run.
Not for the faint at heart
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Unknown Gulch, IDDecember 15, 2016
During a typical day, you are pulled in a million directions. Hard to focus and get your tasks done sometimes.

Its a big company, so you get good benefits, including a phone, laptop, healthcare, etc.

Worked 12 hours a day minimum, not much for work life balance. Company had mass layoffs 5 years ago, but business has picked up again and the staffing is not where it should be. Management only focused on P&L, not worried about employee welfare.
Pros
Cell Phone, healthcare, salary
Cons
No work/home balance, long hours, lack of support
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAOctober 17, 2016
I had a great time working here the atmosphere was great the people were great. The opportunity to move up was evident and the tools to succeed where provided.
employees were a great group to work with,,,But management was bad !!
MaintenanceII (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 2, 2016
i worked with a great group,every day i learned something different,but was never rewarded for the extra help,management was the pitts and got worse every year after year.we all got laid off because we all (10) talked bad about the fleet manager who is a thief,black mails vendors into buying him stuff for his personal use and included in the work order...management does not uphold the letter of integrity.its a joke
Pros
your co-workers
Cons
management
Ok place to work...not great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 4, 2016
Middle of the road...A lot of uncertainty currently due to merger...some great people...terrible benefits package...experience varies based on location
Grateful for job... BUT...
Telecom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 7, 2016
I worked in the IT dept. it was a lil dysfunctional. lots of back biting and lack of leadership from top down. The Company is ok. I mean they have fun things through out the year things like ice cream social, beer with the boss, free bagels, and other "perks" but in my department there was very little of that. I was unemployed when I interviewed so I had virtually no options. THis is all you need to know. FOX NEWS plays on the TV in the lobby... if you like that you will like it at Modspace.
Pros
Free coffee. beer with boss, chili cookoff.
Cons
contractors not treated like employees.
Hard work low pay
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 2, 2016
All training is on the job management offers no direction or support equipment is old and unsafe benefits are mediocre at best, DOT loves stopping these loads

pay is subpar ltl drivers make more than what they pay you to haul oversize loads and good luck getting a raise

no incentives for drivers no coordination between sales shop and operations continously working outside in all weather, say they provide all tools they do not you will have to buy most the tools you need

if you value your life and your cdl stay away.
Pros
Time off no weekends or holidays, codrivers, site crews
Cons
Poor pay, management, working conditions, old trailers, DOT targeted
Nice place to work
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PADecember 15, 2015
Busy, not enough help, but like the position. Co-workers are great. Just hard to manage time and get pulled in many different directions.
Mod Space
Shop lead, and yard foreman (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UTJune 19, 2015
Horrible company to work for they treat employees bad and pay even worse. There attitude is horrible, and they do not have good insurance, and expect more than what they are willing to pay for.
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to list all.
Overall pleasant company to work for
District Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2015
A large, multinational company with very small and intimate field offices, so there was a close nit working environment, but offered the support of a large corporation.
Great fun place to work
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 15, 2015
1. I knew every day that I would have several belly laughs. It was a fun and welcoming place to work.
2. I learned accounts payable and a lot about mobile offices.
3. The hardest part was filing, not that it was hard just not my favorite office job.
4. The most enjoyable was getting to know our vendor base and helping our customer with HVAC, electrical and general maintenance issue.
Pros
My boss and co-workers
Cons
No cons
Great to work
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 25, 2015
ModSpace is a nice place to work, very flexible with hours. My days were busy with answering phones and helping others. The company gave me the opportunity to grow within the company. I learned a lot and was able to function within all of their applications. There was no part of my position that was difficult.
Pros
Flexability
don't waste your time
driver-slave (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, PAJanuary 23, 2015
This job had no leadership the office people sat on there butt and made the drivers do everything from driving doing the set up and tear down all alone. And also coordinate the delivery and pickups. The driver managet was worthless .
Pros
good time off
Cons
Nothing coordinated always the drivers fault no training and no leadership
Dispatch/ Coordinator
District Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TxNovember 12, 2014
Day would start with getting things lined out for the next day. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that I worked with. The hardest part was that it was a very fast paced and sometimes stressfull due to ... for example... some customers would not return call until the last minute and I would have to scramble to get Drivers Permits and delivery orders to ensure delivery the next day.
Modular units
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 18, 2014
I was in charge or scheduling deliveries, pick ups, and set ups. I would create the leases and sales for the buildings.
I was in charge of payables and creating new accounts with vendors. I learned a lot about the leasing and selling business, how to contact clients and how to get new business.
Great job for someone who wants to get paid to do nothing.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMay 16, 2014
This is not a real sales job. The job is easy, the commissions are a joke, management is a joke. Most of the sales associates shouldn't be in sales because they have no personality. The managers don't help with anything, and they are never around if you need help. Rules and territories are unclear, and people are constantly taking your deals. It's an all around joke.
Pros
laid back, no one cares if you are on your cell phone playing candy crush all day.
Cons
expensive insurance, commissions are a joke
good job for recent college grad.
Senior Inside Sales / Coach and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAApril 6, 2014
Modspace is a great place to work if you're a recent college grad. Commission payout is very low and job growth is tuff. Management is all about micro management.Ok place to work to gain experience for one or two years.
Pros
younger sales floor, hour lunch, easy workload
Cons
low pay, Micro management, and no career growth
Branch Operations Manager of Modular units
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TNFebruary 6, 2014
A typical day was interacting with vendors at work and talking with customers on the phone.
I learned how to manage an office budget and negotiate lower vendor rates well.
I rarely saw management. I was pretty much an independent Office manager and much of the interaction with my superiors was via conference calls.
The hardest part of the job would be after the end of the physical year when I would have to work with Sales and come up with new goals and benchmarks for the new year that exceeded the previous year.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be when I would get a phone call or an email from a pleased customer and when that customer would refer our company.
Pros
great bonuses in the beginning, yearly trips for game plan
Cons
bonuses went away in the end and the drive to and from work was too long. 140 miles round trip
Enjoyable work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 20, 2013
Always something to do. Open to new ideas or suggestions. The hardest part to accomplishing my work would have to be the weather.
Pros
Flexability of time if it was important.
Cons
weather
Great company to work for.
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2013
As a salaried employee with commission I had to meet a deadline and P&L expectation. Good reward every quarter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ModSpace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5