ModSpace

ModSpace Employer Reviews

Great job for someone who wants to get paid to do nothing.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAMay 16, 2014
Pros: laid back, no one cares if you are on your cell phone playing candy crush all day.
Cons: expensive insurance, commissions are a joke
This is not a real sales job. The job is easy, the commissions are a joke, management is a joke. Most of the sales associates shouldn't be in sales because they have no personality. The managers don't help with anything, and they are never around if you need help. Rules and territories are unclear, and people are constantly taking your deals. It's an – more... all around joke. – less
good job for recent college grad.
Senior Inside Sales / Coach and Mentor (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAApril 6, 2014
Pros: younger sales floor, hour lunch, easy workload
Cons: low pay, micro management, and no career growth
Modspace is a great place to work if you're a recent college grad. Commission payout is very low and job growth is tuff. Management is all about micro management.Ok place to work to gain experience for one or two years.
Branch Operations Manager of Modular units
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Madisonville, TNFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great bonuses in the beginning, yearly trips for game plan
Cons: bonuses went away in the end and the drive to and from work was too long. 140 miles round trip
A typical day was interacting with vendors at work and talking with customers on the phone.
I learned how to manage an office budget and negotiate lower vendor rates well.
I rarely saw management. I was pretty much an independent Office manager and much of the interaction with my superiors was via conference calls.
The hardest part of the job would – more... be after the end of the physical year when I would have to work with Sales and come up with new goals and benchmarks for the new year that exceeded the previous year.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be when I would get a phone call or an email from a pleased customer and when that customer would refer our company. – less
Enjoyable work environment
Driver (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: flexability of time if it was important.
Cons: weather
Always something to do. Open to new ideas or suggestions. The hardest part to accomplishing my work would have to be the weather.
Great company to work for.
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), TexasOctober 20, 2013
As a salaried employee with commission I had to meet a deadline and P&L expectation. Good reward every quarter.
Very Hectic Days
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: 4 weeks vacation a year
Cons: health insurance isnt the greatest
when I get to work I have to make sure I have POs for all the vendors that haul office tailers or conexes, sometime I get no from the vendors that they cant make something happen and then I have to keep on continueing to make deliveries happen with the resources available, then after I cut POs and schedule pickups and deliveries of all units in (2) – more... locations, Clifton park and Syracuse. I also have to make sure that all of our drivers and every vendor working for Modspace complies with ALL saftey requirements. I call customers on an hourly basis so probably 50% of my day is negotiating times and availability between drivers/setup crews and customers needs. Very busy and hectic and things are always changing...its definately a challenge! I get along great with my drivers and the hardest part of my job would actually be making every customer happy at all times and when I dont it reflects me. It can be very rewarding to here that your the best but other times can be disappointing. Its very stressful and thankfully I can deal well with it... – less
Professional and fun work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Paoli, PAAugust 14, 2013
The Modular Space Corporation was a nice place to work. My time and position at the corporation was only a temporary position, but I would recommend them to anyone looking to work in the business/ sales and administrative field.
Fun place to work with lots of free lunches
Logistics Coordinator & Dispatcher (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2013
Pros: lots of free lunches
Super great boss ! Company has great benefits and lots of vacation time. Updated their computer system at the beginning of year.
Modspace
District Dispatcher (Current Employee), Lake City, GAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: a lot of vacation time
Cons: winter months are really borning
Decent place to work but real depends on which location you work at because each location has a deferent culture. My location had a great team of people who had a great deal of respect for each other. Going to work felt like I was going to hang out with family members. I just feel my position lacked a challenge and was dull at times.
Job security, good salary and benefits.
Dispatcher/Administrative Asst (Former Employee), Lake City, GAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: great salary and benefits
Cons: somewhat dirty shop office environment. front office in a mobile office.
I enjoyed working in the fast-paced demanding job of dispatcher and handled customer service as well, in the shop office. Unfortunately, this was not the cleanest environment, but it was more relaxed overall. I had a good rapport with my co-workers and my supervisor and enjoyed coming to work. We were like extended family.
Pleasant place to work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAJanuary 30, 2013
Processing my specified locations.
I learned supervisory skills and being independent.
Hardest part of job was learning how to cope with criticism
Easiest part of job is the trust between my supervisor and myself.
I enjoyed the job and learning to be challenged with new tasks.
Exciting fast paced job industry
Program Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: worked closely with the state for regultions
Cons: ran with a skeleton crew
Fast paced, no need for a todo list because it was customer needs driven. Your day could and would drop at a moments notice. We were understaffed but still managed to get the job done and not sacrifice quality. I enjoyed the team we had and the dedication everyone brought to the table.
treated like a slave with no respect
driver (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaAugust 29, 2012
Pros: lots of holidays
Cons: working outside in bad weather, no direction or information on delivery
Sales and management don't have any communiction between staff. Dont give the info you need to do your job. Tells customer trailers are new when there not.
underpaid driver
driver (Former Employee), detriotAugust 14, 2012
Pros: free slice of pizza once a year, if you can get back before its all gone
Cons: equipment is out dated, and very unsafe
Incentives and recognition are funneled to over paid managers and sales reps.They show up late, and leave early.They criticize field employees,fighting the elements, of a job they are not capable of doing.
their compensation was very good
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: wonder people, and the building was beautiful
Cons: long hours
working there was very exciting at times. we always were in meetings tying to improve the business. my supervisor was the best.

Shaggie – August 18, 2012

Sales told customers product was something is wasnt and blamed you for it. No Commununication between Branch Mgr and Sales and those in the field. No credit for doing a good job

Terrible managment team with miguided direction
Executive (Former Employee), CanadaApril 7, 2013
middle to upper mangment is probably the most misguided I have ever seen in any organization. After GE cut ties there was never any direction