About the Company
Modular Process Control (MPC), is a multi-national consulting group designing energy management systems used to analyze and reduce variability and consumption in large scale industrial operations. Through the effective use of MPC's proprietary Energy Management System our clients gain increased knowledge of their energy footprint, create an environment of enhanced personnel engagement, and address sub-optimized equipment and process', resulting in quantifiable energy savings. To date MPC's installations have saved over $300 million dollars per year for our customers.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing company who possesses a broad mix of process and equipment analytical abilities and excellent client management skills. Applicants would possess manufacturing equipment knowledge and have an understanding of energy use in manufacturing facilities.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for identifying and understanding the mechanical and energy related problems within a client's facility and developing technical solutions that decrease energy usage within the process and the facility. The Project Engineer will be responsible for utilizing the MPC approach to energy management, training our clients in the use and analysis, and support them to determine the true root causes of process and equipment variability. The candidate will possess good working knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and unit operations and be proficient in process calculations and calculating true energy requirements in operations.
Position does not require relocation. Willing to travel weekly.
- Perform on-site data collection at client facility required to develop the Energy Management System
- Accurately perform energy savings calculations, operational savings calculations and feasibility analysis recommendations. Provide energy analysis and establish guaranteed savings based on the measures proposed.
- Conduct in-depth site survey to identify inefficiencies within the facility. Identify and quantify facility improvement measures relating to energy inefficiencies.
- Assist in development of client baselines and benchmarks
- Ability to clearly explain technical information
- Attend MPC team/client meetings and deliver presentations
- Complete project tasks in a timely manner to ensure projects are delivered on schedule
- Maintain full technical understanding of energy and plant/facility operations and serve as an ongoing technical resource consultant to the client
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Mechanical/Chemical/Industrial; PE and CEM a plus
- 2-7 years experience in energy management and/or manufacturing
- Works effectively within a team setting and can display leadership potential
- Good written and verbal communication skills and comfortable working in client situations
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio
- Familiar with process flow diagrams, P&ID's
- Proficiency in the use of process historians - Pi, IP21, Wonderware, Delta V, PHD
- Possesses analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic company. The position is highly compensated based on experience level plus project bonuses; health/dental benefits, 401k savings plan, company stock offering.