Solutions Design Consultant
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. is a trusted provider to the world’s leading companies in consumer electronics, communications, computing, medical devices, software, and retail. The Company has over 3,000 employees across dozens of sites in North America, Europe, and the Asia/Pacific region working to help our clients improve the efficiency and effectiveness of getting their product to market.
About the job:
This position will develop creative supply chain solutions in a consultative sales approach, provide research and analysis in support of solutions, formulate business strategies and offerings and supply chain tools, meet with clients to discover and diagnose their supply chain needs, contribute to ModusLink’s brand development by presenting at supply chain educational events (webinars, conferences).
1. New Customer Development (global)
a. Analyze supply chain solution designs using optimization and simulation technology.
Assemble all required supply chain data from direct client collaboration, internal ModusLink information systems,
and external partnerships required to perform high quality end-to-end value chain analysis.
b. Maintain current intelligence on best practices in services, technology, and presentation methods.
c. Lead response and customer presentations:
i. Document and summarize supply chain solutions, provide drawings and support information
ii. Quantify and document resource requirements and costs
iii. Develop and document highly accurate value stream maps for baseline and proposed business models.
iv. Lead highly collaborative white-boarding and opportunity discovery workshops with client executives and ModusLink sales.
v. Act as a single point of contact for the sales organization to access ModusLink subject matter experts across all internal functions and regions who can best contribute to solution development, articulation, and ultimate delivery.
2. Existing Customers (global)
a. Lead the documentation and analysis to innovatively make transformational and profit enhancing improvements to existing client program.
b. Provide expertise to internal P&L owners in identifying supply and logistics strategies with the goal of achieving financial results consistent with ModusLink’s board and executive strategy and direction.
3. Business Strategy
a. Monitor the 3PL industry to ensure the team's knowledge is at the forefront of service and solution design.
b. Support or manage major corporate projects as required.
1. Bachelor Degree (preferred in Operations Research, Mathematics, Supply Chain or related field)
2. 8+ years work experience a requirement
3. Knowledge of innovative 3PL services and solutions
4. Experience with optimization and simulation solvers a plus
5. Strong analytical skills and ability to perform financial and logistics analysis, understanding of business models and processes
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience and ability to present to C-level client executives and lead collaborative workshop –style interaction.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and Microsoft Project
8. Working knowledge in predictive analysis and simulation software a requirement (Supply Chain Guru a big plus)
9. Ability to work under limited supervision, self-directed, strong organizational skills, and motivated
10. Global travel required – minimal 50%
ModusLink is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.