Moe's Southwest Grill Employee Reviews

Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLApril 22, 2017
Moes was my first job and I have to say its flexible, great place to start to work. Got 2 raises in one year and many opportunities. Work is easy and people are great.
Pros
discount of 50% on meals, flexibility on schedule, free drinks and chips and salsa and TIPS!!
Cons
too busy which is good for the business :) i dont know a cons to put.
Not so great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 20, 2017
I think any other Moe's would've been fine, it was just the location where I worked. Some of the other employees were not easy to work with, others however were fantastic. The turn over rate here is very fast, so no one got attached. The work was quite manageable. Ring people up, bag up to go orders, fry all the chips, and clean the restaurant.
Pros
Easy to work after school
Cons
Weird coworkers
about moes
crew memeber (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 20, 2017
good place to work at very friendly people , nice environment good food flexible hours good pay . productive place always busy. no rudeness always good customer service
Great Enviornement, fun atmosphere
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 20, 2017
A part of the company for two years! Great company to work for and get experience with. Hours are flexible and Managaement is awesome to work for. Highly recommended!
Positive Work Enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  2605 S State Road 7, Wellington, FL 33414April 18, 2017
Average day, usually steady flow of customers, in down time always cleaning, friendly management & staff, most enjoyable part of the job, having a reliable coworkers & management.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Always worked weekends
Overall good experience.
Crew Member/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 17, 2017
A typical day at work started out with me opening the entire store and a fast-paced day. I learned many working skills through this job such as time management, customer service, etc. The management was very friendly and flexible.
Pros
Friendly work environment
somewhat unproductive work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 14, 2017
a typical day at moes is pretty much hectic from the start. From being short staffed all the time to not ever having enough product. What i have learned from working here is how to lead a team of people to have a positive work environment. The workplace culture isnt very ideal for workers, the owners and district manager are always changing things making it hard to keep consistency. the hardest part of my job is working with so many young people, the most enjoyable part of my job is making the customers happy when they get there food.
Pros
some pros for this job is the customers, and how the employees interact.
Cons
most of the cons are the pay and the way this place is run
Very Difficult to move up
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 14, 2017
Having had a negative experience with Moe's near the end of my time working there, I don't want to make every Moe's Southwest Grill look bad; but the specific one that I worked at was difficult to deal with at times. Everything about the job that you're asking to hear about was negative. Like I said, this was my Moe's, not all Moe's.
Pros
Free Meals
Management problems
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLApril 13, 2017
Everything would be slowly changing. We didn't have a set schedule nor any ability to have certain days off if needed. If you work the night shift you had way more responsibility then the opening crew.
Pros
Learn to work as a crew
Cons
no stubility
Corporately structured, professional.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALApril 10, 2017
I worked at a franchised location, the management staff at the location was completely incompetent and treated staff as expendable. Favoritism was very blatant and a room mate of the manager started working there three months after I did (with less experience) and was promoted to assistant manager before being fired to stealing money from the drawers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad management
Not a bad place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2017
Co-workers and customers are the best part by far. Having worked here for 4+ years, I can't complain. ................................................
Pros
0 Commute, good benefits
Depends on the Franchise
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTApril 7, 2017
dealt with day to day customers, operating the store, learned management food safety store falling apart upper management only comes to fire not fix. most enjoyable part of the job was the food. there is little to no room for upward movement within the company. poor communication between district management and stores. the job itself is not too difficult.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vestavia, AL 35216April 6, 2017
Good place to have fun and a good job for high school/college kids, no complaints as far as upper management goes, go apply today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Good fresh food, awesome co workers
Cons
Long hours and rude customers
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2017
Management isn't great and not very skilled or driven workers, everyone that I've met there doesn't seem to have any interest in going anywhere further than they are currently.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 5, 2017
Owners and Regional Managers are great guys. They push their managers and employees to be great. Excellent communication throughout the organization. You are appreciated for hard work and a job well done.
Great high school job
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 5, 2017
This was a great job for a high schooler but not too much more than that. Cleaning, working on the line making food and trying to stay busy was what the majority of the work entailed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 4, 2017
Fun place to work you get to know your co-workers very well. When you first sign in you have to immediately put your apron on cause the lines are always long while working and depending if people get called out by the manager or people are on break or whatever we always have to have gloved near us cause the lines can get that big very fast place to work.
Pros
40 percent off food while working
Cons
Long time closing and long lines
great place to work
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 4, 2017
Always a fun and interesting place to work, full of life and the people are always great to talk to. no complaints other than the pay. The managers always worked with my time that I needed off.
Easy but time consuming
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FL 34677April 3, 2017
Easy job to work for but gets stressful at times and your outside life will become gone, and moes will be your life for you to find out afterwards shortly.
Not the best job, but good money
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 3, 2017
I didn't like getting burns on my arms from making chips, but i enjoyed my coworkers and the management. The hardest part was probably having to manage register and chips at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moe's Southwest Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8