Moe's Southwest Grill

Moe's Southwest Grill Employer Reviews

Not a Good place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: no late nights
Cons: bad benefits
Long Days about 15 hours
Horrible upper management
Bills not paid on time
Fast food
Line Worker (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 30, 2014
I loved working here. The management was very flexible with my school schedule.
fun fast pace work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2014
made food operate register answer phones bank deposits, payroll, key holder
Cool and calm Environment
Cook (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at Moe's especially yelling "Welcome To Moe's"
Very laid back atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJune 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great team moral, family-like team
Cons: short breaks, low wages, owner not present, gone without repair for extended periods
Each day would involve creating a cleaning list based on the needs of the store, developing a prep list from the sales of the previous week and ended by serving customers and delegating work to other employees. The crew was small and shifts even smaller but it grew everyone into a small family. Being a franchise, any repairs or maintenance had to go – more... through the owner which wasn't too interested if sales weren't climbing. Despite not having a single benefit and employees started at minimum without a usual pay increase, the overall moral was great because it was just laid back to work there and was fun. – less
Fun environment marred by vindictive managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: free meal each shift, good coworkers, nice atmosphere
Cons: oversensitive management
Your meals got comped up to $10 per shift, a perk that was pretty good for a college student such as myself. It was pretty easy to learn the job. They were clear about the line to hold between customer service and asserting our policies (such as having to take away water cups used for sodas). Customers appreciated when you were fast and friendly, which – more... made my job easier for sure.

My coworkers were a good bunch of people. I never particularly dreaded coming to work. It was fun welcoming every customer to the restaurant when they walked in. The music was good and hardly ever repeated itself. You could easily see why customers like coming there and every other location of Moe's.

Unfortunately I had a run in with a rather rude shift manager who, when informed I would be running a bit late, seemed to hang up on me without further word. Of course, I called again and asked if we had been disconnected but then got a rather angry-sounding, "YES, I heard you! We're busy!" and the phone hung up once more. Yikes.

Naturally, I informed my store manager about this through our email system when I got home that night and suggested -- I think quite reasonably -- that this attitude was not acceptable. Apparently you get fired for saying such things, because the next time I came into work, they told me I was. Didn't bother calling me ahead of time so I wouldn't waste 20 minutes driving there. I was quite upset to say the least. When asked for clarification on why, they said my attitude was "unprofessional". So it's unprofessional to report conflicts with management or pretty much ruffle any feathers at all? Not the kind of place I wanted to work at, so perhaps it worked out for the best.

The management mostly changed at that location since I worked there. Thank goodness. I would want no one else working in such a vindictive environment. But you know what they say about first impressions. It was a long time before I even returned there as a customer. – less
Great costumer service
cashier (Former Employee), NJMay 24, 2014
Job history requirements:
**Moe’s Southwest Grill (takeout) helped me learn how to work well with stressful costumers. I needed to have diligence, patience, and a quick response and recovery rate.
**Cedar Brook Academy (daycare) taught me how to work well with people in a slower environment that demanded a keen attitude, while meticulously paying attention – more... to each child and their needs.
**Aldo (retail store) required me to work fast, sell for the business and my own personal stats. A lot of physical effort was required as well as techniques in advertising and selling.
**Retro Fitness (gym) required long work hours, cleaning, customer service, and quick adaptation to new computer and data systems. – less
Not a great place to advance in
Cook (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMay 8, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: only on 15 min break during a shift, unless you are a smoker.
Management needs more maturity. They get too aggravated at customers. Pay sucks for the fast pace environment.
Loved it, good people, good food, good time
Cashier (Former Employee), Evans, GAMay 7, 2014
This was a great job but didn't offer me enough hours. I had a good time.
Fun and exciting.
Team Member (Former Employee), Plant City, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: fun, friendly
Cons: i only got six hours a week.
This was my favorite job I've had. Everyone was friendly and it was fun to learn everything.
fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 28, 2014
It was a fun place to work just management didn't really know how to do the job and show favoritism to certain employees
Working for Moe's Southwest and Grill
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Battleground, NCApril 24, 2014
Maintaining and appealing atmosphere is difficult. Especially when your mood does not fit with the desired atmosphere. Not to say I showed or felt negative when reporting to work. I tend to honestly be fine in myself. But I can tell from working in the back room of the the restaurant fellow co-workers are not always filled with sunshine. I kind of made – more... it a added responsibility to help cheer up my team. And this can be done by being honestly cheerful. The restaurant business is difficult. Let's say its challenging to work at a quick pace and have a multiple of skills while not showing much fatigue to the customers for a low wage and you know your worth. – less
WELCOME TO MOES!!
Crew Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2014
party atmosphere forget your working at times. working at moe's broke me out of my customer service shell being we had to yell at every customer as they entered our store.
Bad job, fun environment.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2014
Moe's was a fun place to work, horrible job considering the kinds of customers that would come in and complain, but good coworkers made it liveable.
Terrible atmosphere for growth and productivity
General Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery,alApril 9, 2014
Job may have been better if had better training for my job. Pretty easy to perform basic tasks.
Great work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GaApril 2, 2014
Pros: fun work place
Cons: hard to get vacation days approved
Great job to have. A lot of room for advancement. Talk with customers all the time. Fun enjoyable job.
Growth
General Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: very high expectations
Being a franchise each owner has the oportunity to grow expenetially. This particular franchise is doing very well which translates into growth, which is exactly what they are doing! Being apart of this company means their is lots of oportunities for personal growth and advancement.
Love/Hate
Cashier (Former Employee), Cumming, GAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great bos
Cons: money
Love the environment and the food but there are basically no advancement opportunities and it's incredibly hard to get a raise.
Moes Job Experience Review
Line cook (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, co-workers, good managment
Cons: no benefits, little room for advancment
Line cook or prepping food

learned to work at a fast pace, good customer interaction, promoting new items.

Good management- i loved everyone i worked with and enjoyed the workplace.

Hardest part of the job is just keeping up with the rush.

i enjoyed working with my co-workers.
good and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Destin, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good work environment and very clean
Cons: the pay
learned allot from the place as how to manage a small crew and have better work ethic. The management are good people, alway there for you. Hardest part of the job would have to be saying welcome to Moe's 500 times a day, lol. Most enjoyable part would have to be seeing people smile after you yell welcome to Moe's (:

1 2 3 4 5

About Moe's Southwest Grill

Boddie-Noell Enterprises (BNE) is a hearty competitor in the fast-food business. The company is one of the largest franchise operators – Read more