Moeller Precision Tool Employee Reviews

ok people bad management
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJuly 16, 2017
Set unrealistic goals for production. If your not hitting production they don't want you if you are hitting production and your scrap is high they don't want you ether. Management is out of touch with the way a machine shop is supposed to work and the head of the company says he's worked in a machine shop but I highly doubt he's done any machine work for a long time.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
Dont pay any extra for working nights
Horrible working environment!
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIMarch 30, 2017
The worst working environment I've ever experienced! There's far too many things wrong with this company to list. I can definitely try to cover the basics though.

(1) Management
The very first thing I'd like to touch down on is the fact that when I do a Google search, I find reviews written by company executives and management. They're actually reviewing themselves and trying to shine a positive light on their terrible behavior and treatment of employees.

That in and of itself is a glimpse into what this company is truly like. Upper management doesn't look for, or seek out true leadership qualities, or management potential. What they actually look for are "Yes Men". Out of all the leadership in this company, only one man stands out as a truly decent human being that cares about his fellow employees. But now the rumor in the shop is, he's not doing too well with upper management. Reason being? Because he treats employees with dignity and respect..

Furthermore, they have absolutely no education program in place to ensure proper leadership or management skills are learned. Again, all they want are Yes men who allow themselves, and their individual departments to be poorly micromanaged.

(2) Union
This Union is all but destroyed. There's absolutely no cohesion amongst employees, and our union representatives are bribed, and bought out almost immediately by upper management. We pay two hours per month in Union dues to a union that has absolutely no solidarity, or power inside of this shop. Union stewards will tell you to your face they're doing everything they can,
  more... but in reality we know they do the absolute bare minimum.

(3) Politics
Sure, with every shop there's going to be some degree of politics. Well let me tell you, this shop is extremely ridiculous. This place is like high school on meth. The back biting, and infighting is on a level that I have never experienced in any professional environment before.
Pros
Overtime, Holidays, Vacation, Gratis days. UAW.
Cons
Mandatory 10-hour shifts 5 days a week, only one 30 minute break per day. Occasional mandatory Saturdays. Extremely subpar benefits package, low and uncompetitive wages for the field.
Awful company
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIMarch 21, 2017
They give praise to people that don't know how to work. And that miss a lot of time. Neglect those that are deserving. Looooooong days with no breaks and a short unpaid lunch. Never work for this company!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Great Company with advancement possibilites
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNFebruary 21, 2017
MWS/Moeller Precision Tool is a terrific company to work for, with plenty of room for advancement. I have worked at Moeller for 17 plus years, and love being here. I see people enjoying what they do, learning every day, becoming more passionate about their work and forging wonderful friends along the way. Moeller is a family oriented company and they truly care about their employees.
Pros
Learning experiences; room for advancement; great team
Working at Moeller Precision Tool
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIJanuary 26, 2017
I joined the company under a year ago at an entry level position and was told in my interview there would be opportunities for advancement, which is something that is very important to me. I have now been promoted multiple times and all levels of management have been very good about noticing hard work and rewarding it. I feel that I am a valued employee. They have steady work hours with lots of opportunity for overtime. There pay rate is on the lower side but still competitive, though there is a lack of vacation and sick time.
Pros
Work life balance, Hours
Cons
Lack of vacation/sick time
Inconsistent to a fault.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIDecember 24, 2016
Immense lack of work instructions, print consistency and standards resulting in many differences in interpretation, quality issues, employee doubt, frustration and disappointment due to vagueness.
Pros
Union benefits, nice coworkers.
Cons
Self explanatory.
Great Place to Work!
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNDecember 1, 2016
I've been with the company for nearly 3 years. Started in an entry level position, was told in my interview that opportunities for advancement existed. I worked hard and those opportunities were granted. Family oriented. Laid back management. Everyone is a family! Great people to work for! Excited for the growth that has came and continues to come!
Pros
Laid back environment. Caring management.
Cons
Workload can get overwhelming.
Good compensation for good work
Lead Janitor (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 28, 2016
I started at an entry level position and I have worked my way into management. This is a very fair, honest, and open company. As long as you work hard, they are willing to give you opportunities.
Stay away
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 10, 2016
This place is crazy. Hired me as entry level and then proceeded to treat me like I had been doing the job for 15 years. Crazy over your shoulder management, low wages, long hours, NO BREAKS.
Crazy, crazy, crazy
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNNovember 7, 2016
Management called me for interview, I called back to set up an interview &got drilled from a lady that didn't have anything to do with th the hiring process asking me what position I was applying for where I'm from, and she wouldn't even transfer me to the manger that called me. I'm like can i leave a message on his voicemail he asked me to call him back, she's like NO I'll give him the message. I basically got integrated by his female pit bull about where I'm from highly unprofessional and aggressive that should've been the first red flag...I get up there and now all of a sudden you have to program the mazak machine. I said I have no problem learning that but no where in the job description- on indeed says anythingabout programing & you seen my resume online it never mention anything about me programmin, you mention that during the call...I drove 2hrs just to be blackballed for $15 per hour, then they try to feed me the line... well u get in here prove what you can do and we will increase your pay in 90 days, needless to say I turned the position down ...they try to intimidate you & offer to pay u a low wage... I do not recommend this place at all.....this was interview was 2months ago and it doesn't surprise they haven't filled the position yet😂😂
Pros
Climate control
Cons
Dealing with the crazy
Great company, with a bright future
V.P. Operations (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 6, 2016
Moeller Precision Tool is a great company to work for, with a bright future for those who choose to work there. I worked for Moeller for 29 years, and was promoted throughout the course of my career and enjoyed most of my time there, but as with any job there are ups and downs, most of which were up in my case; given the opportunity, I would still be there giving it my all each day.
Consistent work flow... Poor benefits
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNNovember 1, 2016
Tons of hours pay is low compared to other similar companies but you can make it up with overtime.... yay said no one ever... great employees. You can provide for your family though
Pros
Consistent work flow
Cons
Poor vacation time mandatory overtime
Nice in the beginning
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIOctober 30, 2016
Good coworkers to work with, long days with no breaks and low wages for the work you your doing. Management never said anything about the good that people did , just focused on a individuals mistakes
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management is always misinformed, no breaks
Drugs and alcohol
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNMay 4, 2016
If this is what you do, drugs and alcohol, then this is the place for you. Got a felony? No worries. Guys that are there the longest got the most serious felonies I heard. They all smoke marijuana without the fear of drug testing. No room for advancement unless you go out and drink every night with the bosses and kiss their butt.
Pros
Do whatever you want
Cons
Got to kiss butt
World-Class Operation - Clean, Efficient
Engineer, Sales (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 16, 2015
Moeller has a very clean and well-organized, state-of-the-art facility.
Working hours are flexible.
Lots of fun people are employed at Moeller.
Pros
Progressive management with a TEAM-based mentality.
Cons
Nature of business is ultra competitive, and customers can be VERY demanding.
Great Place to Work
Quality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 15, 2015
Moeller offers a great career with plenty of opportunities for advancement. I come to work everyday with a work-hard-play-hard attitude, and at the end of the day, I feel rewarded. Any efforts made do not go unnoticed, and because Moeller is a smaller company, every worker has a direct impact on the company's success. Since coming here, I've formed close relationships with co-workers and managers alike. Everyone wants to help you succeed, and there is never lack of fun, joking around, or food. I would definitely recommend applying here.
Pros
Great benefits, fun culture
Fast paced, tons of overtime, great benefits, reliable
machinist (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 15, 2015
Fantastic working environment with proactive management providing clearly defined long and short term goals. Uses industry leading processes and very open to change. Communication is free flowing between departments and management levels allowing everyone to have their say. Management also provides excellent access to career development.

Great benefits, the company offers a growth program that employees can follow and they are large supporters of career development within the company. Moeller is an industry leader in the precision tooling components field and working for a company like that is something to be proud of.

The environment between employees is friendly but there's always a competitive atmosphere since internal hiring plays a large role.
Pros
Pay, overtime, vacation, bonuses
Cons
N/a
Good place to learn
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIAugust 24, 2014
A good place to lean machines with no experience. The midnight shift is the worst shift to work. Management is ok, not the best but there ok. 5 10 hour days with only a 30 min break.
Pros
Leaning machines
Cons
Shift, pay, lack of time on a lunch break
Polite and Respectful
Shipping Clerk/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 22, 2014
Everyone I worked with was very polite and as it is a small branch, the atmosphere is pretty laid back. The least you deal with management, the better off you are. None of the work is very difficult as it is more detailed in nature. This leaves a lot of room of room for gossip and easily replacing most workers. Night shift, if you can get it is your best bet.
Pros
Cleanest machine shop I have ever worked at and very organized
Cons
While they are polite, there is no warning before being canned.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Investigation/ Returns Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 27, 2012
Pretty busy on most days with different customers calling with various preoblems. Everyday there were varions different situations that had to be investigated, and I learned several new things everyday. Nice co-workers also.
Pros
new learning experiences
Cons
laid off due to overhead cost cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moeller Precision Tool. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9