MOELLER PRECISION TOOL Employee Reviews

Horrible working environment!
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIMarch 30, 2017
The worst working environment I've ever experienced! There's far too many things wrong with this company to list. I can definitely try to cover the basics though.

(1) Management
The very first thing I'd like to touch down on is the fact that when I do a Google search, I find reviews written by company executives and management. They're actually reviewing themselves and trying to shine a positive light on their terrible behavior and treatment of employees.

That in and of itself is a glimpse into what this company is truly like. Upper management doesn't look for, or seek out true leadership qualities, or management potential. What they actually look for are "Yes Men". Out of all the leadership in this company, only one man stands out as a truly decent human being that cares about his fellow employees. But now the rumor in the shop is, he's not doing too well with upper management. Reason being? Because he treats employees with dignity and respect..

Furthermore, they have absolutely no education program in place to ensure proper leadership or management skills are learned. Again, all they want are Yes men who allow themselves, and their individual departments to be poorly micromanaged.

(2) Union
This Union is all but destroyed. There's absolutely no cohesion amongst employees, and our union representatives are bribed, and bought out almost immediately by upper management. We pay two hours per month in Union dues to a union that has absolutely no solidarity, or power inside of this shop. Union stewards will tell you to your face they're doing everything they can,
  more... but in reality we know they do the absolute bare minimum.

(3) Politics
Sure, with every shop there's going to be some degree of politics. Well let me tell you, this shop is extremely ridiculous. This place is like high school on meth. The back biting, and infighting is on a level that I have never experienced in any professional environment before.
Pros
Overtime, Holidays, Vacation, Gratis days. UAW.
Cons
Mandatory 10-hour shifts 5 days a week, only one 30 minute break per day. Occasional mandatory Saturdays. Extremely subpar benefits package, low and uncompetitive wages for the field.
Great Company with advancement possibilites
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNFebruary 21, 2017
MWS/Moeller Precision Tool is a terrific company to work for, with plenty of room for advancement. I have worked at Moeller for 17 plus years, and love being here. I see people enjoying what they do, learning every day, becoming more passionate about their work and forging wonderful friends along the way. Moeller is a family oriented company and they truly care about their employees.
Pros
Learning experiences; room for advancement; great team
Good compensation for good work
Lead Janitor (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 28, 2016
I started at an entry level position and I have worked my way into management. This is a very fair, honest, and open company. As long as you work hard, they are willing to give you opportunities.
Great company, with a bright future
V.P. Operations (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 6, 2016
Moeller Precision Tool is a great company to work for, with a bright future for those who choose to work there. I worked for Moeller for 29 years, and was promoted throughout the course of my career and enjoyed most of my time there, but as with any job there are ups and downs, most of which were up in my case; given the opportunity, I would still be there giving it my all each day.
Drugs and alcohol
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNMay 4, 2016
If this is what you do, drugs and alcohol, then this is the place for you. Got a felony? No worries. Guys that are there the longest got the most serious felonies I heard. They all smoke marijuana without the fear of drug testing. No room for advancement unless you go out and drink every night with the bosses and kiss their butt.
Pros
Do whatever you want
Cons
Got to kiss butt
World-Class Operation - Clean, Efficient
Engineer, Sales (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 16, 2015
Moeller has a very clean and well-organized, state-of-the-art facility.
Working hours are flexible.
Lots of fun people are employed at Moeller.
Pros
Progressive management with a TEAM-based mentality.
Cons
Nature of business is ultra competitive, and customers can be VERY demanding.
Good place to learn
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIAugust 24, 2014
A good place to lean machines with no experience. The midnight shift is the worst shift to work. Management is ok, not the best but there ok. 5 10 hour days with only a 30 min break.
Pros
Leaning machines
Cons
Shift, pay, lack of time on a lunch break
Polite and Respectful
Shipping Clerk/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 22, 2014
Everyone I worked with was very polite and as it is a small branch, the atmosphere is pretty laid back. The least you deal with management, the better off you are. None of the work is very difficult as it is more detailed in nature. This leaves a lot of room of room for gossip and easily replacing most workers. Night shift, if you can get it is your best bet.
Pros
Cleanest machine shop I have ever worked at and very organized
Cons
While they are polite, there is no warning before being canned.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Investigation/ Returns Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 27, 2012
Pretty busy on most days with different customers calling with various preoblems. Everyday there were varions different situations that had to be investigated, and I learned several new things everyday. Nice co-workers also.
Pros
new learning experiences
Cons
laid off due to overhead cost cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOELLER PRECISION TOOL. Our community is ready to answer.

MOELLER PRECISION TOOL Reviews by Location