Moen Employee Reviews

Working at moen used to be fun
Material Stocker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 22, 2016
Moen was a good place to work but it has changed so much from when i first started . I have learned and experienced a lot of things while working there , but now I am ready for a change. The hardest part of the job is the peoples in charged. The most enjoyable part is the benefits and pay .
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
work too many long hours
Money is good but not family oriented (2nd shift)
Material Stocker (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCAugust 17, 2016
Typical day starts with me reporting earlier than the people on the assembly line. I'm required to do so because I have to make sure we had all the parts to run the assigned quota.
I've learned that doing your job isn't enough, sometime you have to compromise and do things that doesn't fall in realm of your job description.
Management is good but most co-worker have real life problems and management doesn't show compassion sometimes.
The hardest part of the job is the physical labor that can wear you down over a 10 hour day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the money of course and my co-workers that I've encounter along the way.
Pros
Safety and the people
Cons
Personal days (5 days in a year) not enough for a single parent.
Working Hard Does Not Guarantee Success.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 25, 2015
A typical day at Moen began at 5:30 in the morning and ended anywhere between 3:30 and 3:50 which involved working about 9 and 3/4 of an hours a day. I did not mind working that many hours, but the pay and benefits were not good so I never felt fully compensated for all the hard work.

My work experience with Adecco taught me that working hard isn't enough to be financially successful.

I enjoyed working with my fellow employees, but did not have much contact with management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast-paced atmosphere and the demand in creating a quality product.

The hardest part of the job was being tired at the end day.
A good experience
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 7, 2016
Moen Inc. is a good experience but it's just more than that. There are busy days. The management is good. They tell us what's taking place and when we ask them about it, they tell us immediately. The Co-workers are good and Communication is Ok but it needs improvement. The hardest part of the job is keep being Busy and the machine that washes the parts with Hot Water and Sulfuric Acid and it takes a long time to do it.
Productive, fast paced, and fun
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 18, 2015
This was the best job I ever had. The Supervisor was very upfront about the pay and when we would get our pay raises. They did not hold your raises at all. I was a regular employee not temporary. When I worked there it was a good place to work. I enjoyed it the entire time.
Pros
Good people and Great pay
Cons
No cons for me.
Great company to work for
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 13, 2016
Very fast paced environment, always busy and always working to improve workload
Great team environment and supportive management team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited breaks
Great job and community
Assembly (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 27, 2016
Moen's is a great job. you'll have great health benefits and you'll get paid every week. The community is also great; after spending so much time with your co workers, they seem more like family.
Pros
great health benifits
Cons
no air conditioning
good to go
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Awesome website easy to upload maintained integrity of resume once uploaded. Typical night at work was routine. I learned most processes, Management with peers was very tribal. Coworker were supportive. Hardest part of the job - people that did not want to change.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
Cons
No support to managers with problem employees
very large warehouse
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2016
I learned about all types of different faucets for the bathroom and kitchen. The hardest part of the job was stacking pallets and moving them around the warehouse.
Good place to work, work hours are hard to maintain.
Material Stocker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Daily work is satisfactory at best. Work schedules are not planned very well and part allocation is lacking. It is hard to maintain a home life when daily work schedules are not reasonably decided during the day. Granted the pay and benefits help to overlook the daily upsets.
Pros
good pay, benefits
about average
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Moen is an average company with great hardworking people. I've worked for worse and better companies. Archaic systems are the biggest challenges at Moen. Expect there to be a good old boys group that is very overt about it. Overall, it was decent. If you work hard and keep your mouth shut, you will eventually get promoted slowly.
Pros
People worked hard and cared about their work. Very team oriented.
Cons
Old systems. Inconsistent treatment.
Growing Company
Manager - Front line leader (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 30, 2013
Competitive Benefits
Fast Paced
Chanellenging
Lean Manufacturing
Change Management
benefits
great pay but poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 27, 2012
learned a lot about lean manufacturing but management was very unclear and unstable at times
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
poor management
Challenging
Design Intern - Moen Sponsored Project (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2015
This essentially was an internship with Moen, but at my university's location (SCAD Savannah). During this work time, I experienced taking part in project managing, graphic design, and industrial/product design. The industrial/product design parts of the class were in focus of heavy researching, sketching and mock-up/modeling our final designs. The final products went through many iterations before they were finished and required hours of work, but we were all quiet proud and happy to present them to the representatives of Moen, the Martin Agency, and Traditional Home at the end. They were quiet pleased with the results.
Productive and SteadyWorkplace
Distribution Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Some of the people were nice &some were not. But for the most part i really enjoyed my job &really wish i could go back one day. Some were actually good people. they will help you if they could. I loved the way they rewarded us for good work and made sure if we had any problems they were there. Just be careful who u talk to.
Pros
Reward on good work performance
Cons
Favoritism
Ultra modern facility
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sanford.October 29, 2015
Excellent place to work. Inexperienced work personnel that required added support. Poor engineering / machining skills available in the area. Lots of work place training needed.
Its a Job
Assembly (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 6, 2015
This place is almost like high school, where you have those that love a little drama here and there. It's not that bad to work, depending on the department. Sometimes attitudes can be all over the place.
Hit hard by the housing market.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMarch 31, 2012
Management really seems to be intelligent and make the right choices during tough times. Very transparent and keeping the employees in the loop about what's going on in the market and within the organization. Promotions don't all seem to make sense. Coming on board was a bit tough. Not much training for my position, just how to navigate through SAP.
Pros
it is close to my house.
Cons
promotions don't always seem to make sense, no special jeans days.
Tool Management at Moen
Tool Lifecycle Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 15, 2015
Moen advanced their SAP footprint to include Tool Management for in-house and subcontract production. This was very challenging in that the process had to be a global solution. The tem was very dedicated in accomplishing their goals.
I live at work
assembly production associate (Current Employee) –  new bern, NCMarch 3, 2014
I work the 2nd shift at Moen in New Bern, NC and our shift starts at 4pm, but I have to show up at 3:15 just to be able to get a parking spot. Our shift ends anywhere between 12:00 and 2:30 most nights. So you never know how many hours you will be working and what your pay check is going to be. Its VERY fast paced work and a lot of the time I feel like people are pushing me to go faster and if I don't then they get upset with you. Its all standing, the management are nice but they micromanage everything. The hardest part of the job is being able to keep up and the easiest is taking your 30 minute break. So far I have learned that most people that work there haven't finished high school and that Im not aloud to use scissors unless properly trained.