Moen Employee Reviews

good to go
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Awesome website easy to upload maintained integrity of resume once uploaded. Typical night at work was routine. I learned most processes, Management with peers was very tribal. Coworker were supportive. Hardest part of the job - people that did not want to change.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
Cons
No support to managers with problem employees
Ultra modern facility
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sanford.October 29, 2015
Excellent place to work. Inexperienced work personnel that required added support. Poor engineering / machining skills available in the area. Lots of work place training needed.
Its a Job
Assembly (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 6, 2015
This place is almost like high school, where you have those that love a little drama here and there. It's not that bad to work, depending on the department. Sometimes attitudes can be all over the place.
Productive and SteadyWorkplace
Distribution Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Some of the people were nice &some were not. But for the most part i really enjoyed my job &really wish i could go back one day. Some were actually good people. they will help you if they could. I loved the way they rewarded us for good work and made sure if we had any problems they were there. Just be careful who u talk to.
Pros
Reward on good work performance
Cons
Favoritism
about average
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Moen is an average company with great hardworking people. I've worked for worse and better companies. Archaic systems are the biggest challenges at Moen. Expect there to be a good old boys group that is very overt about it. Overall, it was decent. If you work hard and keep your mouth shut, you will eventually get promoted slowly.
Pros
People worked hard and cared about their work. Very team oriented.
Cons
Old systems. Inconsistent treatment.
Challenging
Quality Auditor/ Final Inspector of product (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 10, 2015
Fun yet demanding work, I was a Quality Process Auditor/Inspector in which i overlooked 60+ production workers and their job performance. Also inspected final assembled products before being shipped out.
Pros
consistant work hours
Cons
sometimes had to work 7 days straight 10 hour days
Challenging
Design Intern - Moen Sponsored Project (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2015
This essentially was an internship with Moen, but at my university's location (SCAD Savannah). During this work time, I experienced taking part in project managing, graphic design, and industrial/product design. The industrial/product design parts of the class were in focus of heavy researching, sketching and mock-up/modeling our final designs. The final products went through many iterations before they were finished and required hours of work, but we were all quiet proud and happy to present them to the representatives of Moen, the Martin Agency, and Traditional Home at the end. They were quiet pleased with the results.
Tool Management at Moen
Tool Lifecycle Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 15, 2015
Moen advanced their SAP footprint to include Tool Management for in-house and subcontract production. This was very challenging in that the process had to be a global solution. The tem was very dedicated in accomplishing their goals.
Productive workplace
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 7, 2015
I've met a lot of new people through this job. The hardest part of this job is keeping up with the pace. I've learned team work is key for this type of job.
Working Hard Does Not Guarantee Success.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 25, 2015
A typical day at Moen began at 5:30 in the morning and ended anywhere between 3:30 and 3:50 which involved working about 9 and 3/4 of an hours a day. I did not mind working that many hours, but the pay and benefits were not good so I never felt fully compensated for all the hard work.

My work experience with Adecco taught me that working hard isn't enough to be financially successful.

I enjoyed working with my fellow employees, but did not have much contact with management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast-paced atmosphere and the demand in creating a quality product.

The hardest part of the job was being tired at the end day.
Productive, fast paced, and fun
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 18, 2015
This was the best job I ever had. The Supervisor was very upfront about the pay and when we would get our pay raises. They did not hold your raises at all. I was a regular employee not temporary. When I worked there it was a good place to work. I enjoyed it the entire time.
Pros
Good people and Great pay
Cons
No cons for me.
New Expereince
Asembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 2, 2015
People were long time employees different setting assembly line work. Was a fun and exciting time. Learned about how faucets work.
Great job for a new designer, became stagnant over time
Product Design Intern (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMarch 19, 2015
Moen required a lot of old school skills and I learned a lot in that way but the pacing of design felt a little slow and the office environment to be a bit embittered and stagnant. I liked a lot of my coworkers but it wasn't exhilarating to work there.
Good place to work, work hours are hard to maintain.
Material Stocker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Daily work is satisfactory at best. Work schedules are not planned very well and part allocation is lacking. It is hard to maintain a home life when daily work schedules are not reasonably decided during the day. Granted the pay and benefits help to overlook the daily upsets.
Pros
good pay, benefits
good work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 8, 2015
moen is a good work place and the employee's work very well together to make sure they have quality products. employee's worked at a team.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
hours
many job opportunities
Machinist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 15, 2014
I received my machine assignments, adjusted machines if parts began to run bad I was in training. I read blueprints for part dimensions. I moved brass to machines, moved finished parts to be washed, inspected work. I had some friendly and helpful co-workers. The most enjoyable and worst part of my job was that as a trainee/beginner I learned a lot but should have learned more because my trainer wouldn't not assist me each time I needed help. I knew nothing about this job before being hired to this position.
Pros
great pay and many job opportunities
Cons
poor training
line worker.
Assembler and Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 2, 2014
Standing on the line assembling shower parts gets tiring standing up, but it was an ok pace. Never got too busy, but then again, my line was a good line of workers.
Ok
Senior Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 30, 2014
It was ok to work for MOEN. I did not enjoy the manager the I worked for until I took her spot then I was fine.
A very great company to work for
Distribution Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 22, 2014
very safe workplace. The company was family oriented atmosphere. Training was very informative
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
Rewarded for hard work. Too many Chiefs at top.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 28, 2014
Covered three states.
Sales calls.New product launches and promotions.
Meeting new people/ prospects.