Moen Employee Reviews

it was ok
Loaded flat bed by forklift and hand truck (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 2, 2017
The job was terrible the people were good people just deserve more. The job was not something I looked foward to each day but i made the best of it. Im so glad its over.
Pros
distance
Cons
all work no pay
Great workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 24, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Great people with good attitudes. Good work environment and people followed the rules at all time. Never a dull moment there.
You can work production Warehouse personnel
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 20, 2016
I have enjoyed working with this company . I would recommend anyone that wants to work everyday and some Saturdays sometimes 10 to 12 hour days
Pros
Reward you when goals are met
Cons
Cafe is exspensive
Moen Kinston
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 19, 2016
Nice work environment and the supervision gives additional break time whenever the team exceeds the production quota.
Pros
Extra break time for meeting goals
Cons
Can't be afraid of heights because some of the inventory is picked from high storage areas.
Moen
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Broadway, NCNovember 30, 2016
I don't have many words for this work place. It was a great job but I felt stuck. Workers were over worked, tired and miserable at times. I didn't see any room for advancement.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Over worked
fair place to work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Pine Grove, PA 17963October 7, 2016
hours where long due to poor machinery. pay was fair due to the company being union. management was also fair to the people. co workers were great and enjoyable to work with
Lots of celebrations
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 5, 2016
The work environment at Moen is dangerously high levels of noise, toxins and heat. Although they provide plenty of drinking water locations and encourage employees to hydrate as often as desired to prevent dehydration

.I learned about the processes necessary to bring a quality water or shower or bath or kitchen faucet to the consumer.

Management at Moen are very relaxed, and take a very serious

SAFETY and PUNCTUALITY!! If late to shift and miss group meeting one cannot know what the issues are to be aware of.

Co-workers generally are territorial, and leave the new potatoe to swim or drown.

The hardest part of the job was driving 36 miles to work and back
Pros
Lots of IceCream Parties
Cons
Break room far from worksite making breaktime shorter
Money is good but not family oriented (2nd shift)
Material Stocker (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCAugust 17, 2016
Typical day starts with me reporting earlier than the people on the assembly line. I'm required to do so because I have to make sure we had all the parts to run the assigned quota.
I've learned that doing your job isn't enough, sometime you have to compromise and do things that doesn't fall in realm of your job description.
Management is good but most co-worker have real life problems and management doesn't show compassion sometimes.
The hardest part of the job is the physical labor that can wear you down over a 10 hour day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the money of course and my co-workers that I've encounter along the way.
Pros
Safety and the people
Cons
Personal days (5 days in a year) not enough for a single parent.
Great company to work for
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 13, 2016
Very fast paced environment, always busy and always working to improve workload
Great team environment and supportive management team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited breaks
A good experience
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 7, 2016
Moen Inc. is a good experience but it's just more than that. There are busy days. The management is good. They tell us what's taking place and when we ask them about it, they tell us immediately. The Co-workers are good and Communication is Ok but it needs improvement. The hardest part of the job is keep being Busy and the machine that washes the parts with Hot Water and Sulfuric Acid and it takes a long time to do it.
Great job and community
Assembly (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 27, 2016
Moen's is a great job. you'll have great health benefits and you'll get paid every week. The community is also great; after spending so much time with your co workers, they seem more like family.
Pros
great health benifits
Cons
no air conditioning
very large warehouse
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2016
I learned about all types of different faucets for the bathroom and kitchen. The hardest part of the job was stacking pallets and moving them around the warehouse.
Working at moen used to be fun
Material Stocker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 22, 2016
Moen was a good place to work but it has changed so much from when i first started . I have learned and experienced a lot of things while working there , but now I am ready for a change. The hardest part of the job is the peoples in charged. The most enjoyable part is the benefits and pay .
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
work too many long hours
good to go
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Awesome website easy to upload maintained integrity of resume once uploaded. Typical night at work was routine. I learned most processes, Management with peers was very tribal. Coworker were supportive. Hardest part of the job - people that did not want to change.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
Cons
No support to managers with problem employees
Ultra modern facility
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sanford.October 29, 2015
Excellent place to work. Inexperienced work personnel that required added support. Poor engineering / machining skills available in the area. Lots of work place training needed.
Its a Job
Assembly (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 6, 2015
This place is almost like high school, where you have those that love a little drama here and there. It's not that bad to work, depending on the department. Sometimes attitudes can be all over the place.
Productive and SteadyWorkplace
Distribution Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Some of the people were nice &some were not. But for the most part i really enjoyed my job &really wish i could go back one day. Some were actually good people. they will help you if they could. I loved the way they rewarded us for good work and made sure if we had any problems they were there. Just be careful who u talk to.
Pros
Reward on good work performance
Cons
Favoritism
about average
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Moen is an average company with great hardworking people. I've worked for worse and better companies. Archaic systems are the biggest challenges at Moen. Expect there to be a good old boys group that is very overt about it. Overall, it was decent. If you work hard and keep your mouth shut, you will eventually get promoted slowly.
Pros
People worked hard and cared about their work. Very team oriented.
Cons
Old systems. Inconsistent treatment.
Challenging
Quality Auditor/ Final Inspector of product (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 10, 2015
Fun yet demanding work, I was a Quality Process Auditor/Inspector in which i overlooked 60+ production workers and their job performance. Also inspected final assembled products before being shipped out.
Pros
consistant work hours
Cons
sometimes had to work 7 days straight 10 hour days
Challenging
Design Intern - Moen Sponsored Project (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2015
This essentially was an internship with Moen, but at my university's location (SCAD Savannah). During this work time, I experienced taking part in project managing, graphic design, and industrial/product design. The industrial/product design parts of the class were in focus of heavy researching, sketching and mock-up/modeling our final designs. The final products went through many iterations before they were finished and required hours of work, but we were all quiet proud and happy to present them to the representatives of Moen, the Martin Agency, and Traditional Home at the end. They were quiet pleased with the results.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moen. Our community is ready to answer.