Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Poor Management
RN BSN Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
Management talks like they want to fix the problems but lack the motivation to hold people accountable. Management is manipulative and untrustworthy. The patients are worth working there.
Pros
Highly regarded in the community
Cons
Poor Management
A Challenging Operating Room
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
Moffitt Cancer Center is an amazing place. We do the most intricate and cutting edge surgical procedures for cancer patients. I learn something new with every shift I work. Our managers work hard to make the surgical schedule run smoothly and are responsive to staff needs.
Great company
Patient Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
My job was incredibly easy. I was there briefly but made a huge impact on my team. The other two members of my team did just enough to keep their jobs while I doubled their productivity. Doctors treated you like you were peasantry. Benefits were great, I wish I could have them where I am now.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Compensation
great place to work
CLINICAL DIETITIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
If you have to have cancer this is the place to be to get wonderful, tender loving care. The team that I worked with had an extra special touch with their patients.
Pros
great care
Productive and caring environment
Clinical Trials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
They strive to create a good work-life balance although it still needs some work. Employees are valued and it shows. Excellent workplace culture and communication with upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Payscale
Nurse Resident Program (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLJuly 4, 2017
Great place to work. Team members are very friendly, helpful and informative. Workers get extensive training on how to effectively care for cancer patients.
I don't want to review
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  PharmacyJuly 3, 2017
I still work here. I am not comfortable publishing a review. a typical day is hard. I've learned things every day. Management could be works. The culture is fine.
Avery busy patient load, taking care of very acutely ill patients.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612June 25, 2017
A typical day involves taking care of very acutely ill cancer patients. I have learned great empathy for these patients and do everything in my power to make sure that my patients get all of their medications and have a degree of pain control that will allow them to be comfortable, if not by the current M.D. orders, then by calling the doctor and getting a new order. Mid-level management is very exceptional, upper management, I have no comment on. The overall culture is to take exceptional care of all of the patients going through life threatening experience. The hardest part of this job, is having to see a lot of these patients decline and then pass away. On the other hand, I get a great sense of accomplishment, knowing that I made someone’s day a little brighter.
Pros
good schedules
Cons
poor raises or no raises
Excellant Cancer Patient Care
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2017
Typical day would very according to staff needs. My duties included reconciling budget, recording meeting minutes, ordering supplies for various events, registering patients, creating Excel spreadsheets.
I learned on-line event registrations and event organizations.
Management worked with staff on annual Men's Health Forum event.
Management worked with staff through regular meetings.
The workplace culture was diversified creating a forum in which all cultures were included.
The hardest part of the job was acknowledging the fact that some groups within the community didn't have access to healthcare.
The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that a person was saved through early prevention through our departments community efforts.
Pros
Helping our commuintiy learn about early Cancer detection..
Cons
Noted above.
Float pool nursing has Great Managers
Contract Nursing to Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
It is not a long-term career for a seasoned nurse. They seem to be behind with a lot of their technology. Mgmt on most units tend to have poor skills.
Pros
okay starter job for New Grads
Cons
POOR mgmt due to improper actions from flr managers
Don't try to get ahead
Office of Technology Licensing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Managers got their by being friends with the right people, or by outlasting everyone else in their department. If you are smart, ambitious, and hard working, you will end up doing all the work, and your boss will take all the credit. If you are irreplaceable, you are unpromoteable.
Pros
They used to provide free coffee
Productive day
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2017
Moffitt is a great company to work for and my day mainly consisted of going to meetings with my team and filing and processing claims. Some times we had to go to the main campus to get Dr. notes and make sure that the patient's RX was filled.
Pros
Great atmospher
Cons
A little stressful at times
a nice place to work to meet great patients even though they are sick and some wonderful nurses
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2017
This used to be my favorite place to work but along the way the company got too commercialized and were not thinking about the patients and staff. In the past employees were more recognized and upper staff would make rounds to see staff and how everything was happening/functioning on their unit but that hasn't happened in ages. The staff would like to know a little often that they are appreciated. The moral in the hospital is low but everyone puts on a smiling face cause they do need their job.
Pros
discount on food
Work place
Management Assistant, Comprehensive Breast Program (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2017
The doctors and staff were pleasant to work with.
I reported the Department Administration to Human Resources as a workplace bully. It was not a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Poor management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2017
the environment in this hospital is great, the people the patients the doctors were great, i left to move away from other situations happening in my life, i would have love to still work there
family oriented workplace laid back
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2017
Great place to work. They allow you to be able to balance family and work life. Employees are friendly & make you feel like family. Safe and relaxing work environment.
Fun Work Place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
Great place to work for, enjoyed my coworkers and manager. Pay was decent, culture was great, management was wonderful. Plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Very Fun place to work
Informatics System Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
The PM at there was very knowledgeable about the workflow, Cerner, and the Implementation process. He also wrote a book on it. Therefore we had someone that not only work in the field, but new the process.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Long Hours
Philosophy
PRN-Diagnostic Radiology Nurse/Rapid Response (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Philosophy is great but the experience is horrible being an employee going for a cancer screening and charged a $400 facility fee. That is just wrong. Mother is currently fighting metastatic breast cancer and I have my annual mammogram and ultrasound as preventative health and charged a $400 facility fee along with a $120 physician bill.
Interesting place to work
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2017
Moffit is a tough place to work, since you are working with patients who have cancer. Some live and so die and here lies the difficulty. You have to work hard to keep your emotions in tact

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Moffitt Cancer Center Reviews by Location