Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with good benifits
Manager of Endoscopy (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2017
It was a happy place with patients that were grateful for the care that they received. There was a closeness and sense for family within the workforce. We admitted and discharged pt as well as performing procedures The hardest part of the jpb was when we had to tell a pt they had cancer. This was never easy and required compassion. When a pt was in remission was always a good day
Pros
Good weather and happy employees
Cons
not close to my family
Caring and conscientious work culture
Research Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Great working environment where everyone's opinion matters and frequently ideas from all levels of employment are implemented in business and patient practices
I love my job at Moffitt :)
Oncology Yoga & Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2017
Moffitt is a great place to work. Everyone is passionate about their job. The atmosphere of care and compassion can be felt the moment you are on campus.
Amazing culture and benefits
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2017
Great work life balance.
Great wellness programs.
Great benefits.

Moffitt is an excellent place to work, especially for working mothers and fathers. I enjoy working here.
N/a
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2017
Helped set up equipment for each surgery. I learned how to communicate with some of the top cancer research specialist. I enjoyed to see the smiles on the patients face after a successful surgery.
Fun workplace!
CMA clinical externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed my externship at Moffitt Caner Center. I looked forward to go there everyday. The patients were very nice and had a great outlook on life. The doctors and other employees were very welcoming. They let me jump right into working with patients and watching surgeries. I learned something new everyday. I learned had to remove and change dressing. I also learned how to remove stitches. I observed many biopsies and minor surgeries.
Moffitt is a great place to work
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2017
Moffitt is a great place to work. Moffitt provides Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement plans (401K), Paid vacation, Its very challenging work environment.
Be careful!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2017
I worked 3 North very toxic environment. Most of the other nurses are petty and caddie. The current unit manager acts like he cares but doesn't. He will literally lie to you and when it benefits him will throw someone under the bus or use them to make him look good.

DO NOT become "friends" with anyone do your job and go home...

Usually very short on staff, sometimes only one tech for 21 patients...
Pros
ARNP's are on very nice and will teach and help
Cons
management
Good companty to work for.
Data Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2017
Moffitt is a good company to work for. Provides great job security and benefits. It's a great place to work to gain experience if your interested in staying in this scope of work.
Pros
Benefits and Job security
Cons
PTO deduction and Not great pay for everything that many positions require.
Going downhill
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2017
Positions are held for favorites, therefore without qualified employees things never improve. This is so true regarding middle management and HR. Human Resources are the worse. They pretend to care about employees but its just a fa├žade.
Particularly sad since we receive so much from the state and the public.
Pros
Location, benefits (however they used to be better).
Cons
They seem to have an eye for hiring the wrong people, even when they come with known reputation of not being a good fit, they are hired anyway.
work
RA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2017
Little opportunity for growth. Benefits not good for Part time or PRN. Compensation not good compared to other places. Hard to balance work life while studying
Moffitt has a culture of believers...the team believes, know that together we will end cancer.
Professional Practice Coding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2017
Moffitt is a team of people who work tirelessly toward the mission of ending cancer. All team members perform their jobs with a patients first mandate.
Great company
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2017
This company is a great place to work. As a employer, there is room for advancement. As a registered nurse, my main focus is making sure I give my patient the best quality of care. There is great teamwork and they challenge there employer to reach their full potential. The best part about my position is the ability to gain multiple experience as a float nurse.
Productive Work Place
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2017
Nice culture and an awesome place to work. Day to day work life, common to everywhere else. Pro LGBTQ. Management are encouraging. Promote education. The end
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
No complaints
Poor Management
RN BSN Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
Management talks like they want to fix the problems but lack the motivation to hold people accountable. Management is manipulative and untrustworthy. The patients are worth working there.
Pros
Highly regarded in the community
Cons
Poor Management
they are great with being flexible if you every have a problem
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
this truly is a great company and i would recommend that anyone interested in working here go for it because you will not be displeased this was my entrance into "corporate america " and it was a great experience
A Challenging Operating Room
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
Moffitt Cancer Center is an amazing place. We do the most intricate and cutting edge surgical procedures for cancer patients. I learn something new with every shift I work. Our managers work hard to make the surgical schedule run smoothly and are responsive to staff needs.
Great company
Patient Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
My job was incredibly easy. I was there briefly but made a huge impact on my team. The other two members of my team did just enough to keep their jobs while I doubled their productivity. Doctors treated you like you were peasantry. Benefits were great, I wish I could have them where I am now.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Compensation
great place to work
CLINICAL DIETITIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
If you have to have cancer this is the place to be to get wonderful, tender loving care. The team that I worked with had an extra special touch with their patients.
Pros
great care
Productive and caring environment
Clinical Trials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
They strive to create a good work-life balance although it still needs some work. Employees are valued and it shows. Excellent workplace culture and communication with upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Payscale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Moffitt Cancer Center Reviews by Location