Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Great first job as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed starting this job the day I finished my degree in Nuclear Medicine! The staff was so helpful and the management was very supportive. We worked on so many research projects, and it was here I learned about the FDA approval process (10years+ for all the phases of procedure and drug approval!). I loved being involved in research, and always volunteered to work extra hours when asked. I typically worked 50 hours/week. I helped direct a program for surgeons coming to Moffitt to learn about special Nuclear Medicine procedures. I can expound on that if interviewed. I continued to work with the same doctors in the other jobs I had after this one.
My Moffitt experience
Pressent Patient Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2016
On a daily basis I interact with many patients and their families. Unlike my previous experience working in orthopedics, I have learned a great deal working in the cancer center. The management and leadership team are very supportive, and they provide the employees with all of the tools and resources we need to perform od duties. I enjoy working with my co-workers, and I enjoy the work that I do.
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2016
Highly regarded by patients, great benefits and good job security
Visionary leadership
Employees are valued by leadership and most management
Valuable & Educational institution with talented physicians
Great teaching hospital
Pockets of unqualified management
Pros
Leadership has great vision for future and work culture, stable work environment
Cons
Varied-on making all managers accountable for following leadership philosophies
Loved what I did
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaSeptember 22, 2016
I worked with very caring people. Very committed coworkers.
I enjoyed sharing knowledge.

My team was exceptional under the leadership of our Manager. I loved being part of such an exceptional team of professionals who worked in the community to make the public more aware of the importance of healthy eating and how it would impact their lives.

The population we reached was thankful of all the knowledge the outreach health educational representatives provided during their presentations.
Becoming a member of the Pain-Patient Care Team.
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2016
Provided a common understanding and guidelines for cancer patients in an outpatient clinic environment.

Functioned as both a resource and change agent in disseminating information, interfacing with nurses, physicians, other health care providers, and patients and families to facilitate quality pain management.
Pros
Worked with the most wonderful doctor who soon became my mentor.
Cons
Medical director was a demon physician.
Great employees that really care about the patients.
Patient Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2016
Very busy and productive environment. Friendly, always smiling and very compassionate employees. Seeing the patients as they come in first get diagnosed and going through chemo or radiation
Pros
Helping cancer patients feel better
Cons
Employee parking
Amazing opportunity.
Senior Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2016
Moffitt Cancer was amazing!! A typical work day would include checking the patients in and out of the clinic. I would verify patients insurance as well. The patients were fantastic for the most part. It is a cancer facility after all.
My supervisor was very understandable and willing to go to bat for her employees My co-workers were the best! It was like working with family .
The hardest part of the job was losing patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and seeing patients beat their cancer.
Pros
My co-worker family, the patients were amazing!
Cons
Losing patients.
Challenging but very rewarding
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Moffitt was a great place to work. The team and patients were very diverse, and I always wanted to be at work. Like any job it has it's good days and bad days, but as a team we made it through day to day.
Pros
Diversity and constant learning opportunities
Cons
Loss of patients/giving bad news
Great learning enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work, always opportunities to learn. Other nurses are excellent resources of knowledge. Nurses are always encouraged to learn more.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Can be emotionally stressful
Positive work environment
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Moffitt Cancer Center. You're welcomed with smiles as soon as you enter the doors. At times, you forget that you're at a hospital. It truly was a comfortable environment to work in.
Enjoyable and Rewarding
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2016
Working at Moffitt can be a very rewarding job. There is a lot of competition and a lot of room for career development. Upper leadership is very attentive to what the staff wants/needs.
Took care of the cancer patients
Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 23, 2016
While working at the Moffitt Cancer center we did multiple things such as delivering mail, and prescriptions to doctors. We also help discharge patients once they are ready to leave the facility. We would also give the patients their lunch.
Amazing opportunities
Transplant Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Moffitt provides a diverse environment for their nurses. Nurses are able to work in a variety of positions and they are able to move around with ease.
Pros
Ability to work in a variety of positions
Cons
N/A
Excellent workplace
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Moffitt Cancer Center is a phenomenal institution. The people here are highly collaborative and truly engaged in making a meaningful and worthwhile contribution to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Compassionate individuals
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2016
The patients are the best set of people I've ever worked with as a nurse. They are highly motivated to learn at every opportunity. The staff, doctors, & volunteers are extraordinarily compassionate with the patients. Unfortunately, there are heavy politics that accompanies such a success-driven work environment. I don't even feel safe to say more than that.
Pros
Acute Care Clinic is free- I use as my PCP, been very happy with them
Cons
Toxic, political culture with significant corporate bullying.
Patient care priority
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2016
Nice organization includes research, clinic, and administrative. Direct patient care Physician's are great! I'm not interested in provided any additional information. I'm not in a position to elaborate.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Communication
Family atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Very Busy and fast paced work. Family style of work environment. Patents very warm and welcoming, very great staff to work with.
Great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Great Place to Work for, Get to Meet great people, and professionals .Patients are great to talk to and be around. over all place is excellent place.
Not a first choice for employment
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
The patient and nurse relationship was great. I learned an immense amount about caring for cancer patients. Management was disappointing for the fact that I witnessed many occasions which management did not support the nurses. Unit manager was rarely available and often after expressing a concern, conflict of error the nurse who complained was often let go from employment. My coworkers were terrific and very team oriented. Help was always available and patient assignments were more often than not appropriate and safe. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the patients typically for extended periods of time which facilitated connection between the nurse and the patients and the patients family.
Great People to Work With
Health Unit Coordinator HUC/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2016
I've worked at Moffitt Cancer Center for 12 years. Over the years things have changed drastically. My position has changed and so have many others. We all have adjusted to our new assignments well, and see what the future holds for not only it's staff but also Patient care. Patient care is very important, and finding a Cure for Cancer is a major goal of the facility.
A typical day varies greatly here in the ICU. The job requirements hve changed over the years since we have gone to Physician Order Entry. Always finding things to do, help those around you while ensuring that your main duties have been accomplished for that day. Most enjoyable part of my day would be knowing that I have accomplished my duties for the day. Hardest part of the day is when a patient is not doing well. Seeing patients and their families during the worst part of their life, does not get easier with time.
Being in the medical field for 18 years has given me a broad spectum of education. I've had the pleasure of working in multpile fields of the medical field. From Trauma, ICU, Long Term Care, Pre Op, Post Op to Home Health Care. They all have different challenges, and I like a challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2