Moffitt Cancer Center

Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Former Employee
Physician Assistant-Malignant Hematology (Former Employee) –  FlMarch 27, 2017
My time at Moffitt was fun when I was there. The PA'S worked well together with a fantastic Physicians group and Nursing staff. We sometimes met after work for socializing, bowling or volleyball.
Pros
Concern for work/life balance leading to better work schedule
Flexible working hours
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa FlaMarch 18, 2017
Moffitt Cancer Center is a great place to work. They would hold monthly meetings to communicate and ask if anyone had any issues or questions. They would have breakfast at times or just coffee and doughnuts. They also had everyone bring a dish day and we would have lunch together in the Facilities Office. The managers cared about your home life and was very flexible if you needed time off.
Cons
Sometimes the communication was lacking in the dept.
Productive and Copassionate
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2017
Determined prior authorizations for outpatient procedures.
Pre-certified medical and radiology procedures, surgeries and echocardiograms.
Reviewed, analyzed and managed coding of diagnostic and treatment procedures
contained in outpatient medical records.
Responded to correspondence from insurance companies.
Examined patients' insurance coverage, deductibles, possible insurance carrier
payments and remaining balances not covered under their policies when applicable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
-Provided great compensation compared to other hospitals in the area.
-Work life balance was greatly encouraged
-Had 2-3 patients per nurse
-Great teamwork
-Everyone was always happy to be working there
Pros
compensation/nurse patient ratio
Decent company
Analysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
This company started out as employee oriented but by the time I left it was about the money. Patients were taken care of pretty good. High stress and strict deadlines.
Not a bad gig
Oncology Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
Moffitt has been a great place to work at and to see how people grown through cancer. I have enjoyed my time here, and I feel they hire the most personable staff.
Cons
benefits are terrible; rarely have any raises
Horrible management in mecical records
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2017
The manager and supervisor are horrific. They allegedly pic on certain employees. You get occurances for being late a certain number of times regardless of why you're late.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Rewarding and humbling place to work at!
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2017
Love coming in and being able to make a difference in someone's life. The work can be stressful at times and sometimes emotional. But, it is all worth it at the end of the day.
Pros
Get to meet people from around the world
Cons
It's hard emetionally when you lose a patient to cancer
The best team a therapist can ask for
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Working at moffitt is such a humbling and rewarding experience. Great rehab department, management is fair and understanding. Work life balance is acknowledged and productivity is manageable with dedication.
Okay pay and benefits but full of favoritism and politics
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2017
I've been an employee for many years. Overall, Moffitt is an Okay place to work. The benefits and pay are fair as they try to be in the middle of the range for most positions. Work-life balance is Okay, depends on the department and immediate supervisor. Like everywhere, some are nicer than others. But overall, it's not bad.

What I don't like is the upper management. It is your "Big Boy's Club" at its best. They aren't transparent at all (although claim to be), and favoritism is blooming. People often get promotions based on who they know or what is their relationship with the important people, and not based on their skills. Politics and politics everywhere. Also no matter how many years you've been here and how much you have done, if you aren't friends with the management's circle, they will let you go at the first opportunity without hesitation. They also like to let go of the more experienced, higher pay employees and hire cheaper newbies instead, whenever they can. So yeah, either bring some hard to find skills or be friends with the management if you want to last here.
Pros
Salary, benefits, vacation days, events with free food, educational seminars
Cons
Upper management, favoritism
Wonderful facility
Bone Marrow Transplant Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Worked as a RN on the Bone Marrow Transplant/ICU unit. Responsible for the comprehensive care of the critically ill patient who was undergoing a bone marrow transplant.
Pros
caring facility
always learning something new
Volunteer in the surgery waiting room (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2017
I was a volunteer in the surgery waiting room. I was there to help answer questions a family member might have while their family member was in surgery or recovery.
Dedicated, compassionate and professional.
Graphic Designer II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere with an excellent dedicated group. Work very well together in groups or pairs. "One person can make a difference" is more than a motto here. We all are here for the prevention and cure of cancer. How much more motivation could a person need? A variety of of projects and skill sets are used.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
punch a clock, used to be salary
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Moffitt is a very good organization to work. Employees are treated equally, there is room to advance, learn and improve ones career. Tuition reimbursement and the benefits are great.
Family atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Very Busy and fast paced work. Family style of work environment. Patents very warm and welcoming, very great staff to work with.
Great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Great Place to Work for, Get to Meet great people, and professionals .Patients are great to talk to and be around. over all place is excellent place.
Great first job as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed starting this job the day I finished my degree in Nuclear Medicine! The staff was so helpful and the management was very supportive. We worked on so many research projects, and it was here I learned about the FDA approval process (10years+ for all the phases of procedure and drug approval!). I loved being involved in research, and always volunteered to work extra hours when asked. I typically worked 50 hours/week. I helped direct a program for surgeons coming to Moffitt to learn about special Nuclear Medicine procedures. I can expound on that if interviewed. I continued to work with the same doctors in the other jobs I had after this one.
My Moffitt experience
Pressent Patient Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2016
On a daily basis I interact with many patients and their families. Unlike my previous experience working in orthopedics, I have learned a great deal working in the cancer center. The management and leadership team are very supportive, and they provide the employees with all of the tools and resources we need to perform od duties. I enjoy working with my co-workers, and I enjoy the work that I do.
Great employees that really care about the patients.
Patient Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2016
Very busy and productive environment. Friendly, always smiling and very compassionate employees. Seeing the patients as they come in first get diagnosed and going through chemo or radiation
Pros
Helping cancer patients feel better
Cons
Employee parking
Great People to Work With
Health Unit Coordinator HUC/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2016
I've worked at Moffitt Cancer Center for 12 years. Over the years things have changed drastically. My position has changed and so have many others. We all have adjusted to our new assignments well, and see what the future holds for not only it's staff but also Patient care. Patient care is very important, and finding a Cure for Cancer is a major goal of the facility.
A typical day varies greatly here in the ICU. The job requirements hve changed over the years since we have gone to Physician Order Entry. Always finding things to do, help those around you while ensuring that your main duties have been accomplished for that day. Most enjoyable part of my day would be knowing that I have accomplished my duties for the day. Hardest part of the day is when a patient is not doing well. Seeing patients and their families during the worst part of their life, does not get easier with time.
Being in the medical field for 18 years has given me a broad spectum of education. I've had the pleasure of working in multpile fields of the medical field. From Trauma, ICU, Long Term Care, Pre Op, Post Op to Home Health Care. They all have different challenges, and I like a challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2